Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

Why do they always hype Witch Doctor like it's good? I seem to recall it repeatedly failing spectacularly in past years.

Its had a lot of good fights and looks cool. It doesn't win much but it did manage to go toe-to-toe with Tombstone for a bit, and might have even won if it had self-righting. Every bot should have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

You laugh, but maybe it will one shot Gamma 9 and then bully the Four Horsemen around to win a decision.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Chomp's axe and targeting thing are actually really effective when they connect, it's a shame the thing still flails around like it's drunk the whole fight. I would have thought they would have fixed that or at least made it not as bad between seasons.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol Sawblaze is going to win the entire tournament. Wedge bots are proven to be the best bots and there will always be builders that find a way around the ruleset so that they can have a wedge bot.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Chomp is bad but it is solidly built, that's the only time I remember it really getting wrecked.

I want to see Tombstone vs Huge. I suspect Tombstone would rip those wheels apart but if they're flexible enough that it doesn't, that'd be a real fight. Being so tall you're above everyone's weapons seems to be working out for them.

I feel like even if those wheels somehow held up, Tombstone's blade would be able to break/disable Huge's.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bombshell had the right idea going for the chain, he just missed and welp. Speaking of which, Bombshell goon, why have you stuck with the vertical disc spinner instead of the modular design?

Probably because the vertical disc spinner got him the best results. All the other weapons sucked judging by what we saw of them.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Bombshell is so bad this year. Dunno what the story is but they should have just improved upon last year's Bombshell and brought it instead.

These smaller spinner bots like Brutus and End Game just seem kind of mediocre. Brutus has a pretty strong wedge at least.

Blacksmith put up a better fight than expected. That hammer is just so weak though.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Awesome episode. I'm picking Bite Force to win it all but who knows anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Despite all the vertical spinners this season was pretty awesome.

Bite Force is honestly terrifying. It has such a strong, high quality spinner and such tough armor that Tombstone might be the only thing that could break it. Bronco could win with a flip since it doesn't really have self righting (except with the spinner, which is risky to rely on) but I think Bite Force would just tear Bronco up most of the time.

• Locked thread