Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Quoting myself from a month ago:

LOL it was such a damp squib. :v:

Even assuming they'd gotten the spinner up to speed, it's mounted so high up I'm not sure how useful it'd be against a large section of possible opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

logikv9 posted:

I feel like those wheels won't last too long after a few direct hits from a horizontal spinner

And whoever is scheduling the fights clearly gets this.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just putting gashes in the armor and turning it red from the heat it causes. If sawblaze ever actually goes through and cuts a wire or a battery, then I will accept it's a real weapon. As it is, everything Sawblaze does is put on a show for the judges while being a high quality wedge bot.

That being said, it is a pretty awesome wedge. That being said, wedges still suck and are boring.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Rondette posted:

I feel like Tombstone is just on another level to any other robot right now. They should be an end of level boss - beat Tombstone after winning the tournament to become ULTIMATE CHAMPION!

Of course then we wouldn't get to see some hilarious carnage so...

I keep waiting for the revelation that Tombstone has actually been way over the weight limit this whole time.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Beta was the only hammer I recall ever doing any visible damage to anything, and that includes the arena pulverizers.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Is there a specific engineering reason why people aren't using spears? That'd be a new and interesting weapon to watch, strap one of those on Duck.

I remember seeing a test box in the pits during some behind the scenes stuff, did the hamburger team even use it?

A spear seems like an even less-effective hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

T1g4h posted:

What a disappointing episode :sigh:

e: I don't understand why Tombstone doesn't run some sort of chain guard or shield or guide or something of the sort. It just seems like leaving the weapon chain exposed like that is always going to invite risks and upsets like the one we saw tonight

The chain wasn't hit, it broke when the two weapons intersected.

• Locked thread