Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hazards were best at the middle weight division. The lightweights all get one-shotted by everything and it doesn't even scratch the heavyweights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oh look. Wedgebots ruining the meta again. /s

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I enjoyed the staring contest at the beginning too much.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

I wonder if Tombstone's design will be dethroned. Having watched this poo poo since the beginning I remember all the different phases of full body spinners, flippers, vertical spinners, hammerbots. Really heavy object spinning horizontally or vertically is the current killer design, I'm not sure what would be better but it's changed enough times that maybe.

Tombstone's only obvious flaw is the wheels, but it turns so fast it seems to be real hard to get in there and gently caress them up before it hits you.

It seems to me that all spinners have a max amount of hits they can give, before they do enough damage to themselves, either their weapons or their drive train.

If Witch Doctor could have taken one more hit (or been able to right itself) it would have beat Tombstone. If bot builders can figure out how to make bots sturdier, or just min max specifically to optimize again horizontal bars, the entire meta changes

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Overhaul is nearly as trash. Most boring match ever.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It drives great too. Good kudos to the engineering and the driver.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/BattleBotsHuge/posts/224390691500145

Interesting read. Huge was approved by Battlebots based on an incomplete model. Then as the deadline approached, they shipped half of Huge that they managed to finish in time to California, while working on the rest. Then they did final assembly at the venue in a few days.

And apparently Overhaul was sent in half built as well.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If only we had some kind of science guy to explain it to us.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

halokiller posted:

Heh there was a Tale of the Tape where Charles went on a random rant about Bernie conspiracy before getting cut off. The hosts were like :wtc:.

Where? I need this.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Warrior Dragon continues to confuse and infuriate me. Is it a spinner with a bonus flipper? Is it a flipper with a bonus spinner? Whatever it's trying to be it's amazingly ineffective and unreliable at it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I understand "how" it works. I just want to know the "why." Team Whyachi knows how to build bots. Is there something I'm missing as to why this design is better than either a basic spinner or flipper or even a wedge bot?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They could one shot lower weight classes. But at this weight class, only the screws are dangerous for being able to get ring outs.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

And next week has HUGE!!! We are living in a golden age of bots.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I feel like Duck! should have gotten, like, a 13 seed or so without having to participate in the rumble. Their losses were to Tombstone and Bronco of all people!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Even for non wedgebots, I feel like the right strategy on such a big rumble would be to hang back as much as possible.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They've done just for fun rumbles in previous finales haven't they? We'll probably get one or two bonus fights next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Any other bots in the ring would be as impotent as minibots.

• Locked thread