Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

I feel like they don't exactly expect their bot to dominate and are there to have fun
Lot of effort and money to have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Have I been marathoning Battlebots / Robot Wars enough or is the current combat robot meta kinda boring? Spinners are so dominant and the current rules (at least for Battlebots) prohibit bots that would be better equipped to deal with spinners.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Duck v Tombstone was pretty much as close as I would have hoped but I was bummed that Duck couldn't seal the deal. This whole season has been about how unstoppable Tombstone is and I wish it didn't seem inevitable that he's going to take it all again.

Somebody on another forum noted that this exact same fight happened last year in RoboGames with different results: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma0pSgKRpeQ

The Sawblaze v. Bronco fight was very entertaining. Bronco is GOAT for me

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Zedd posted:

Also I could swear Bronco was in the old (2000's era) seasons, or was that a similar bot im remembering?
The same guys had similar bots in different weight classes including T-Minus, the Matador, and Toro (probably others too). I think the Matador is the most similar in weight and appearance.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Have the Inertia Labs guys only really done BattleBots and no other competitions?

I can look at RoboGames or ComBots or whatever and see the same drivers and bot designs as I see in BattleBots, but Intertia Labs seems to not (at least regularly) participate in any other competitions.

I would think given how successful they usually are, they would want to participate in other events. But I don't know, maybe in a meta where wedges are allowed, flippers don't do as well or something.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
https://www.facebook.com/885252028238150/posts/1798078150288862/

quote:

Team News:

After leading the team for two seasons and piloting Bombshell for most of it Mike has decided to step down from his roles on the team. Matt and Dan will be taking on a co-captain role for next season. Jason will be taking on the driver role. We're working hard on the development of a new and improved Bombshell in anticipation of another season being announced in the near future.

Mike was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy at the beginning of the summer and is slowly approaching a full recovery. In light of the plausible causes for the condition he's opted to step away from competing in combat robotics events as a whole for an indefinite amount of time.

Any additional roster and role changes will be announced when appropriate.

Sorry to hear about this Mike, speedy recovery :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Very fun episode! I almost did a spit-take when Huge just broke in half. I was rooting for Huge but I can't even be mad about that.

I really did not see Rotator absolutely chewing up Icewave like that. Icewave's been so dominant this season, I didn't expect its loss to be so brutal.

I was only disappointed with the last fight. I love Bronco, and it's a huge bummer to see that every single semifinalist is a spinner.

• Locked thread