Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Great first episode! I hope this strategy of shred the gently caress out of the floor and high centre your opponent on it becomes a part of the emergent robot fight meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

it's the silly hats

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Didn't Hypershock have a self-righting mechanism before? That's what the fly-swatting rake was attached to last time I think.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

just gotta create your own floor hazard like Tombstone did against Minotaur.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The incredible part was how long Gigabyte's dome kept spinning after it popped off.

A little disappointed that Tombstone's driver didn't go in for the kill on what was left of Gigabyte's husk but I can understand why he didn't.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Just having less bullshit and more robots blowing up makes this season much better.

this is what it all comes down to

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

god I love Bronco

:same:

what better way to win a match by ejecting them from the field of play

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

logikv9 posted:

chomp is a silly design anyway, yeah the weapon can do some serious poo poo if it gets a direct hit but it flips over too easily. all it does is try to nab a ~killshot~ early in and then survive the pummeling as it spends 60% of the match on its side

why the gently caress is that stupid thing so tall anyway. they should just design it so the axe works while it's sideways.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

tangentially related

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/status/1009150968787849216

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

congratulations to chomp on not being the biggest piece of poo poo robot in the tournament

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

i love when drones get hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

maybe if duck actually fuckin did anything it'd win

• Locked thread