Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also they have the usual arena challenges but they also came up with a brand new one: whoever built the arena did such a cruddy job that the poor design drastically effects the results of several fights completely by accident. :v:

This is the most perfectly China thing that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Burgerbot getting instantly owned by Goatsebot was great.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

People should really know better by now than to trust Chinese manufacturing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Just having less bullshit and more robots blowing up makes this season much better.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Chomp is bad. I don't buy any of the automation poo poo, it rarely hits and is constantly out-driven and the bot spends all its time flipped over because its center of gravity is way too high. I'll give it points for toughness, I don't remember it ever actually being knocked out or even having a single system disabled.

If they actually had an automated deathbot that'd be cool though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is there such a thing as entirely automated robot fighting? One of my friends objects to Battlebots as not robot fighting but radio controlled car fighting.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bronco that could automatically sense when the flipper is under the other bot and fire it would be an absolute beast.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Pakled posted:

Well, if Battlebots just accepted the most powerful bots, the competition would be made up of 32 minor variations on Tombstone. For the sake of entertainment, they pick bots with a wide variety of weapons, designs, and other gimmicks. If you want to get in to Battlebots, you're probably better off making burgerbot 2.0 than making the best possible bot (Tombstone)

I wonder if Tombstone's design will be dethroned. Having watched this poo poo since the beginning I remember all the different phases of full body spinners, flippers, vertical spinners, hammerbots. Really heavy object spinning horizontally or vertically is the current killer design, I'm not sure what would be better but it's changed enough times that maybe.

Tombstone's only obvious flaw is the wheels, but it turns so fast it seems to be real hard to get in there and gently caress them up before it hits you.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Saws and flamethrowers don't seem to do anything but at least they look cool.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The problem with saws is they take time and you're only allowed to hold the bot for ten seconds. I get why that rule exists but no saw is going to get through armor and into loving up internals in a few seconds.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I was wondering about the arena weapons. Do we know how much power the box hammers hit with? And what are the screws supposed to do, anyway?

E: I hadn't finished watching the episode when I posted this so uh I guess that's what the screws are supposed to do. I think that's the first time I've ever seen them be a factor though.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 2, 2018

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Chomp is bad but it is solidly built, that's the only time I remember it really getting wrecked.

I want to see Tombstone vs Huge. I suspect Tombstone would rip those wheels apart but if they're flexible enough that it doesn't, that'd be a real fight. Being so tall you're above everyone's weapons seems to be working out for them.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bronco is the most entertaining bot.

I have also noticed the weird electrical problems. I'm too lazy to count but it's got to be at least half the matches either have a bot's weapon stop working or the electrical system catches on fire. I don't remember it being that common before.

E: Also enjoying Faruq's gradual descent into madness.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

We'll be fine as long as we stay inside the arena.

Bronco: :allears:

• Locked thread