Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Don't play like you're too cool for NexusAIDS

please dont link viruses here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this drake encounter with 30 mobs around it is hosed lmfao. is thee stuff that youre simply not ready for or am i just not playing well, i spam stuns on their healers and flankers and protect everyone from drakebreath but we just get wiped

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

this drake encounter with 30 mobs around it is hosed lmfao. is thee stuff that youre simply not ready for or am i just not playing well, i spam stuns on their healers and flankers and protect everyone from drakebreath but we just get wiped

depends on which encounter it is but yeah theres no level scaling and there are some wicked tough encounters, especially in endless paths. where's the fight?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

depends on which encounter it is but yeah theres no level scaling and there are some wicked tough encounters, especially in endless paths. where's the fight?

oh its near the tart of endless paths but i went to other rooms and nearly everything there kicks my rear end. guess ill get out and do other stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

oh its near the tart of endless paths but i went to other rooms and nearly everything there kicks my rear end. guess ill get out and do other stuff

oh yeah that floor's tough as poo poo, especially if you don't have a full team. easiest thing to do would be hire an npc or two to fill out the squad, even having one more guy is a big deal

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have a full 6 but its a nightmare. everyone gets paralyzed constantly lmao i just need better resists

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah paralyze shows up way too early on enemies for how strong it is. tbf that floor's the hardest one before floor 5 imo, although the next floor down has some scary enemies. if you have rings of suppress affliction those are a godsend, they can shut down paralyze for upwards of 10 seconds which is usually enough to drop some of the scarier enemies

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
I'm doing the DLC for PoE 1 and I feel outclassed... i don't know if i'm not playing well, because i seem to be doing fine in other areas. I guess they're just loving hard, like the luminescent spore and the tower with the siege camp

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

About to play the first one for the first time, is there any way I can completely gimp myself at the beginning or am i safe just doing whatever with my player character

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nah and there's a paid respec. just do whatever

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

loving awesome

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also weapons and armor are class agnostic so like you can have a plate mail greatsword wizard or whatever as long as you spec them correctly

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

extremebuff posted:

I took some time leveling up and went back around level 6. If you immediately pull back to the previous room with the blood pool, you can get them bottlenecked in a doorway.

Also, knockdown works on the drake. Eoder was the MVP of that fight.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Also I played for like 7(!) hours last night and barely left the main city. There’s so much fuckin poo poo to do it’s overwhelming

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

I took some time leveling up and went back around level 6. If you immediately pull back to the previous room with the blood pool, you can get them bottlenecked in a doorway.

Also, knockdown works on the drake. Eoder was the MVP of that fight.

:aaaaa:

well ill come back to that later. not sure how i feel about so many abilities being locked behind Rests instead of a mana system or something.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

extremebuff posted:

:aaaaa:

well ill come back to that later. not sure how i feel about so many abilities being locked behind Rests instead of a mana system or something.

Once you get 3rd level spells and whatnot it will feel a lot less restrictive. It helps that generic attacks with rods and wands are fairly good in their own right. I absolutely hated casting at first but now it feels real good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

Once you get 3rd level spells and whatnot it will feel a lot less restrictive. It helps that generic attacks with rods and wands are fairly good in their own right. I absolutely hated casting at first but now it feels real good.

yeah ive been taking +1 cast whenever it pops up and it feels a lot better.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just talked to a dead(?) dwarf woman hanging from a tree by the neck and murdered some loving villagers to recruit my wizard friend this game is Good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I bought the basic version, is the DLC for this (PoE1) endgame or does it pop up earlier and should I get it now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

triple post but these kickstarter NPCs are very obnoxious bc every time i think i see someone i should talk to its just one of them

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I bought the basic version, is the DLC for this (PoE1) endgame or does it pop up earlier and should I get it now

I was given the option to do one of the expansion quests (they make a point to put it in its own quest subfolder) once Caed Nua was up and running, so it may be possible to do when you want, but I’m waiting to finish the main story anyway since they feel fairly separate.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

triple post but these kickstarter NPCs are very obnoxious bc every time i think i see someone i should talk to its just one of them

they all have gold boxes around their names and are the only guys that do. also the dlc starts once you get to caed nua but its loving rough until you're level 6 or 7. the siege quest in particular is real loving hard, ive basically only made progress by ghosting around the map stealing stuff and picking off individual guys and small groups because any group bigger than like three dudes tears my rear end in a top hat apart. you can also wait for endgame and do it with level scaling but by the time you get to the first big city you're about on level to start it. i'd say do it sooner, the content is really fuckin good and the new areas are super sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

although it will overlevel and overgear you for the main quest in a big way if you do that so idk. its definitely worth getting though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

using stealth and trickery to steal super good items in an area where the enemies will fuckin slaughter you if they see you is a god-tier gaming feel

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah the rests thing is pretty annoying. I’m playing as a priest, still early-game, and I can only use my tier 1 spells 4 times and my tier 2 twice before I need to either use up a camping supply, run back to an inn, or just fight like a crummy under-equipped warrior.

Being a priest is cool for story reasons, though, I’ve already got a ton of unique dialogue for being an Eothas worshipper just in the first town. None with Eder though so far, which is kind of strange. I hope I can get into theological arguments with the other priest when I meet him

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i also started pillars 1 and am ramming my head against a boss encounter im probably in too early. 2 fighers, 1 paladin, 2 wizards, 1 priest. i guess i gotta get strategic or something. i wish i had fireball

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah the rests thing is pretty annoying. I’m playing as a priest, still early-game, and I can only use my tier 1 spells 4 times and my tier 2 twice before I need to either use up a camping supply, run back to an inn, or just fight like a crummy under-equipped warrior.

Being a priest is cool for story reasons, though, I’ve already got a ton of unique dialogue for being an Eothas worshipper just in the first town. None with Eder though so far, which is kind of strange. I hope I can get into theological arguments with the other priest when I meet him

Get rid of the staff and use a wand, rod, or scepter. Gives you ranged attacks without draining spell slots which will let you save those for “oh poo poo” moments when your team needs heals.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres also a badass modal for scepters in particular that turns every hit into a mini-aoe. crazy good with weapons with on-hit effects. e: nvm wizard only

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah lol my mage has the aoe perk (blast i think its called) and a unique scepter with a charm proc. I rarely cast spells with him anymore except for boss-tier encounters.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

YOu can just kill them.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Feels great killing snowflake original characters with retarded dialogue who were put in the game for $100.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Do they have good gear? Never considered killing them but if there’s loot I’m probably gonna start.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Do they have good gear? Never considered killing them but if there’s loot I’m probably gonna start.

theres a guy in gilded vale with plate mail and theres a bunch with fine gear and stuff

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i didn't know that was a possibility. game just got a whole lot better

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

probably gonna do a second run as an evil caster..PoE1 spoiler theres a santanic blood cult that you can actually join..im guessing by building a reputation as a vicious murderer and talking to the right people. also thinking about how much of the game would really change if i played that way

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i just solved the bell puzzle in the temple in guilded vale and im really hoping theres a lot more stuff like this

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

you can murder them and take their stuff though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like the idea of every stat being universally important, like might boosts ALL dmg and healing so when i find a ring of +might or whatever my head spins thinking of who to put it on

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really appreciate that equip load/inventory management just shouldnt be a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

got my stronghold and cleared maps south until I hit the Gorge and got loving owned by a group of feral druids

• Locked thread