Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

everyone tells me tyranny takes a big dump on PoE in every way, but its expensive and im still enjoying pillars a lot. its on the list though

I like PoE but yeah Tyranny blows it out of the water. My only complaint is that it’s short by the standards of the genre, like 25 hours, but that’s to facilitate multiple playthroughs. The gameplay is the same but faster-paced and all the writing is way better. I really hope it turns into a series, the setting is so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I like PoE but yeah Tyranny blows it out of the water. My only complaint is that it’s short by the standards of the genre, like 25 hours, but that’s to facilitate multiple playthroughs. The gameplay is the same but faster-paced and all the writing is way better. I really hope it turns into a series, the setting is so cool.

i prefer games to be short and replayable than to drag on and seem daunting

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just killed a dragon. fair and square. no way it took me 20 attempts and i got mad and set it to baby mode, and then felt guilty and tried another 10 times and killed it on normal. easy. bitch rear end lil dragon.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

which revolver ocelot

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

which revolver ocelot

ponytail afghanistan ocelot

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
the game is good and i like to play it, op

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

swimsuit posted:

the game is good and i like to play it, op

Yah. I killed a fucker pirate by planting a bomb in his Harpsichord after sneaking through his whole fortress surprise killing all his guys. Ftw

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i didn't like it as much as poe 1 (well, if you extend poe 1 to include white march which maybe isn't fair). found the local political stuff boring and all a bit too samey. first game had a lot more variety in quest subject matter.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

is there a less obnoxious way to stock up camping supplies. I'm about 12 hours in and im just checking random inkeepers before each dungeon

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

is there a less obnoxious way to stock up camping supplies. I'm about 12 hours in and im just checking random inkeepers before each dungeon

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/162

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m not gonna bother with any mods I’ll just deal with it. Searing falls is uh... appropriately named

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m playing with my main as a paladin, the other paladin lady from the city, the fighter and mage from the first village, the priest and the chanter. I really feel like I’m missing a thief but idk who to convert.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you dont need a thief, just someone with stealth and someone wth mechanics. that team's fine, once you get some decent weapons youre looking at some solid damage and wizard is great cc

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

only thing is that your auras dont stack so you'll want one paladin with zealous and someone else with one of the others. my party right now is that with the MC as a monk instead and i'm tearing poo poo down

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i find i need a character in pillars who levels up mechanics and nothing else and i still hit doors and traps i can't touch constantly lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

extremebuff posted:

i find i need a character in pillars who levels up mechanics and nothing else and i still hit doors and traps i can't touch constantly lol

Make a character who does lore and mechanics and read a scroll that increases your mechanics for the really tough doors.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol yeah, i usually need to use an inn mechanics buff and come back to get those

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Stuck in the sanitarium. Im at the point where I need the Statue Man upstairs to open the North Ward for me but nothing I do will trigger the dialog option with him. I even looked on a wiki and ive done everything up to that point, it says just to tell the warden about what Azo has been doing but the dialog for him is still the three conversational responses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I didnt loot one last note apparently

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man the Sanitarium was reallllyyyy good. Thaos is getting to be a really good villain

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Make a character who does lore and mechanics and read a scroll that increases your mechanics for the really tough doors.

ty for the tips all. i wont play this til the weekend when i can sink an entire day into it lol

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
The drat background maps in PoE2 are next level. Great lighting. They learned how to use shaders and bump maps

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Just did a really cool thing where I accidentally snuck in through a crack in the wall of the bathhouse in the main city into a shut-in wizards crazy undeground lab. All the monsters there were way higher level than me so I snuck past them and ended up in this crazy loot chamber with lots of traps I had to use potions to disarm and stole a bunch of stuff including this tablet thing that I later bumped into people who wanted it and they were like "Oh please can someone find me this ancient artifact" and my character was just like You mean.. THIS tablet? and they gave me 3000 gold. Ftw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The animancy hearing was great

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’m doing a MC pally with the story wizard, druid, cleric, fighter, and custom monk.

The druid slot tends to get rotated for other back-line guys like the chanter or cipher, but the druid ends up with some crazy good spells.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

My MC is a paladin as well. the rest of my party is Rogue/Wizard/Cipher/Ranger. The combat is kind of brainless on normal mode so I might have to up the difficulty which I did not expect to have to do

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

rediscover posted:

Just did a really cool thing where I accidentally snuck in through a crack in the wall of the bathhouse in the main city into a shut-in wizards crazy undeground lab. All the monsters there were way higher level than me so I snuck past them and ended up in this crazy loot chamber with lots of traps I had to use potions to disarm and stole a bunch of stuff including this tablet thing that I later bumped into people who wanted it and they were like "Oh please can someone find me this ancient artifact" and my character was just like You mean.. THIS tablet? and they gave me 3000 gold. Ftw

You were sneaking around the bath house looking for men's asses.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

You were sneaking around the bath house looking for men's asses.

Um no.. I was sneaking around in the basement area where the boiler room was and guess what there were no men's asses down there except the guards and they had clothes on.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Um no.. I was sneaking around in the basement area where the boiler room was and guess what there were no men's asses down there except the guards and they had clothes on.

Sort of a devils advocate type thought but um, how did you know whether or not they had mens asses unless you looked.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Sort of a devils advocate type thought but um, how did you know whether or not they had mens asses unless you looked.

Well mens asses are typically attached to men, and the guards were male. You don't have to be a deviant to do the math

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Pillars 2 feels really different as a game and that's not a bad thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

lmao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In the early levels I rested because I was low on spell slots, now around levels 10 and 11 where you start fighting full groups with casters and healers, I rest because my hp is low.

Small complaints aside this game owns.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

My MC is a paladin as well. the rest of my party is Rogue/Wizard/Cipher/Ranger. The combat is kind of brainless on normal mode so I might have to up the difficulty which I did not expect to have to do

Ive been playing on normal too and aside from oh poo poo moments (wandering into a room full of varied and dangerous mobs) and having to reload and organize a little I haven't had any real challenges. Even the dragon in searing falls wasnt very difficult after my first wipe, I just organized my people a little better

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ive been playing on normal too and aside from oh poo poo moments (wandering into a room full of varied and dangerous mobs) and having to reload and organize a little I haven't had any real challenges. Even the dragon in searing falls wasnt very difficult after my first wipe, I just organized my people a little better

I found that fight rather easy, but the difficulty starts ramping up after that point.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MC paladin ftw.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ive been using the chanter forever but I feel like its time to switch it up

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MC paladin had bailed my team out so many times with clutch lay on hands. The single target dps is real nice too.

Currently experimenting with the monk and giving it the rogue backstab. Hoping to give their dps a little bump.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mine is tanking with the Leech flail (20% dmg returned as endurance) and the Larder Door shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

MC paladin had bailed my team out so many times with clutch lay on hands. The single target dps is real nice too.

Currently experimenting with the monk and giving it the rogue backstab. Hoping to give their dps a little bump.

in later levels the pally gets a revive, a multiheal, and a "no gently caress you hes fine actually" hostile effect denier that instantly removes charmed/stunned/anything negative at all on an ally and makes them impervious to those effects for a good while

a lot of the classes are great and versatile but im really disappointed in the ranger. she shoots things, and her pet eventually gets a knockdown that you cant autocast and have to manually click on every single fight, thats about it. no cool tricks or buffs or anything lol

• Locked thread