Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah I had her in the party for a good chunk of time, but once her personal quest finished up, you pretty much get the druid right after. Made it an easy swap. The druid has some of the best AOE in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

otoh ranger does solid consistent damage without having to micro, which is nice whn everyone else needs constant micro. my MC monk does more but thats because as MC he gets first dibs on good items and hes fragile AF. give sagani stormcaller from DLC1 and shes a fuckin wrecking ball

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tyranny's on sale for 15 rn but my bdays coming up and im just gonna nag someone to get it for me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, i need to get back to tyranny. the combats not as good but the world and writing are real fun and i like the characters a lot

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

MC paladin ftw.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I gave the paladin lady the two hander that does knockdowns on crits and i have the priest crit buff her every fight. watching drakes and dragons get flattened is hilarious

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/b3nnyd

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think I’m gonna beat the game tonight. It’s feeling real end-gamey unless there’s another act. Is the DLC meant to be done before beating the game? Does it matter? Do you get to continue playing after beating the game?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It’s been like 2 years since I last beat it but no I don’t think you continue after beating the game, it just creates a save file right before the point of no return.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

I think I’m gonna beat the game tonight. It’s feeling real end-gamey unless there’s another act. Is the DLC meant to be done before beating the game? Does it matter? Do you get to continue playing after beating the game?

You definitely should do the DLC before the end game, it affects the ending. Part 1 of White March you could've done a lot earlier, and generally you would've been ready to do Part 2 before you went to the Elf City. You can scale the leveling if you want.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Is the point of no return Jumping down the pit in Twin Elms?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

Is the point of no return Jumping down the pit in Twin Elms?

Yeah. If I remember correctly it gives a really obvious warning asking you to confirm before you go through it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If there was one I blew right through it lol.

Oh well reason enough for a second playthrough some time.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

There will be a new save file marked “end game” or something like that from just before jumping in if you want to just reload that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah. If I remember correctly it gives a really obvious warning asking you to confirm before you go through it

ths is the one good trend in modern gaming

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

yes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fungah! posted:

That and loot boxes, chest high walls, iron sights, micro transactions, social network integration, blood splatter on screen, quick time events, retailer specific preorder bonuses, on disc DLC, eSports, and early access releases.. those are good too

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fungah! posted:

man, i need to get back to tyranny. the combats not as good but the world and writing are real fun and i like the characters a lot

Tyranny FTW.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

Tyranny FTW.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I finally got the expansion and Tales from the Tiers during this sale so I’ll probably do another Tyranny run once I finish PoE and the sequel. That game kicks so much rear end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I like how my play sessions are basically split into two styles: Combat, and Diplomacy. Sometimes I spend 4 hours in a dungeon getting mad loot, and other times I agonize over simple dialogue options because What if the other one unlocks secret cool poo poo. The characters in this game are so drat good and I feel bad when my party members get mad at me when I punch people in the face after they get to big for their britches. My character is loving Maia

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

I like how my play sessions are basically split into two styles: Combat, and Diplomacy. Sometimes I spend 4 hours in a dungeon getting mad loot, and other times I agonize over simple dialogue options because What if the other one unlocks secret cool poo poo. The characters in this game are so drat good and I feel bad when my party members get mad at me when I punch people in the face after they get to big for their britches. My character is loving Maia

Some lovely lord came to my keep asking me to help quell a rebellion of farmers and I had him hung. I lost a ton of prestige or whatever its called for doing it and I briefly considered reloading but decided to stick to my decision and every one after that. I cant wait to do an rear end in a top hat playthrough

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i like all of the hats, op

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Still in first section of the big city. It's big, folks

Soral
May 30, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Tyranny FTW.

yeah

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Beat the first game Friday night. Pretty much immediately reloaded the end game save and started banging out the leftover quests I had.

It’s funny how a slide show of epilogs can really affect you. “Whoops, shouldn’t have chosen that option. Life sucks for everyone now haha”

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Beat the first game Friday night. Pretty much immediately reloaded the end game save and started banging out the leftover quests I had.

It’s funny how a slide show of epilogs can really affect you. “Whoops, shouldn’t have chosen that option. Life sucks for everyone now haha”

lol yeah. my favorite one ws the grieving mother you wiped her brain so she forgot anything had happened so she lived in the wilderness alone waiting for her village to come back until she died

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

lol yeah. my favorite one ws the grieving mother you wiped her brain so she forgot anything had happened so she lived in the wilderness alone waiting for her village to come back until she died

that was the only quest I didn't solve. The dialogue never triggered!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

she sucks anyway lol, no big loss

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

she sucks anyway lol, no big loss

It’s cool how you can tell which companions Chris Avellone wrote because they’re the ones that you have to force yourself to read page after page of joyless overwrought purple prose every time you click on them.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Love to click on a new character, instantly get hit with 4 paragraphs of text, see that there are three overdone metaphors crammed into the first sentence, and know that I'm about to read some epic motherfucking Avellone win about dead babies or raping whores or whatever.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
The world is a dark place.. it needs to be reflected even in our fantasies.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Love to click on a new character, instantly get hit with 4 paragraphs of text, see that there are three overdone metaphors crammed into the first sentence, and know that I'm about to read some epic motherfucking Avellone win about dead babies or raping whores or whatever.

it owns lol

“i’m eder a good natured guy just trying to make his way in the world”
“I AM DURANCE THE SERVANT OF THE WHORE OF THE FLAMES BEHOLD MY TORTURED METAPHORS”

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

how are the avellone characters in 2? are they as obvious and tonally dissonant with the rest of the party?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i keep trying to get into games like this--what do you call em nowadays, CRPGs?--with no success

like, i love fantasy plot and lore and stuff and the reading but then gameplay happens and i flail about uselessly, which just feels bad on easy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

like i bought tyranny, devoured it for an hour, and haven't touched it since because i just have no idea how or where what the gently caress to even begin with stats and gameplay and characters and stuff

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Original Sin 2 is turn based and much easier for my brain to keep track of, personally. It also has a perk you can take that makes having only 1 or 2 characters in your party much stronger than normal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

BBJoey posted:

how are the avellone characters in 2? are they as obvious and tonally dissonant with the rest of the party?

he left the company before 2 so there arent any

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ah, hell. What am I going to do without being able to read 800 pages worth of “Durance grinned, his smile like a bear trap gleaming in a full moon. ‘Oh, it shocks you, it shocks you, to see what’s buried beneath, you stupid motherfucker,’ he says, his voice creaking like the boards of an old trading ship rocking on the stormy waves of the Vailian sea.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ah, hell. What am I going to do without being able to read 800 pages worth of “Durance grinned, his smile like a bear trap gleaming in a full moon. ‘Oh, it shocks you, it shocks you, to see what’s buried beneath, you stupid motherfucker,’ he says, his voice creaking like the boards of an old trading ship rocking on the stormy waves of the Vailian sea.”

lol

• Locked thread