Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Ah, hell. What am I going to do without being able to read 800 pages worth of “Durance grinned, his smile like a bear trap gleaming in a full moon. ‘Oh, it shocks you, it shocks you, to see what’s buried beneath, you stupid motherfucker,’ he says, his voice creaking like the boards of an old trading ship rocking on the stormy waves of the Vailian sea.”

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ah, hell. What am I going to do without being able to read 800 pages worth of “Durance grinned, his smile like a bear trap gleaming in a full moon. ‘Oh, it shocks you, it shocks you, to see what’s buried beneath, you stupid motherfucker,’ he says, his voice creaking like the boards of an old trading ship rocking on the stormy waves of the Vailian sea.”

Hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

he was second banana on PREY so you can play that 4 your cavellone fix

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hahah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Just beat my rerun of the first game last night but stayed up way too late to do it so I won’t start the sequel until tonight. Question about how the ending of the first game affects the sequel: Does the “gods are fake” thing get brought up a lot? I thought that twist was kinda dumb and the fact that everyone just kind of immediately accepts it as fact even dumber. Like I didn’t even get any special dialogue options for being a priest. The main reason I picked priest was for the dialogue, if the sequel throws all that out I’ll probably change my character to a monk when I import her over, if that’s possible.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

havent started 2 yet but theres at least one good reaction to the big twist in 1

Fungah! posted:

yeah there werent that many good dialogue checks but the ones that were there were cool

but yeah tht bugged me for a while but i guess the ideas that even if the gods are artificially created theyre still real, in the sense that theyre still impossibly powerful entities with dominion over their portfolio. thaos is the primary guy that made the gods and he makes deals with woedica as an equal, not as a superior. ultimately if you pray to magran youre still praying to the god of fire, however she got there

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
its a major plotpoint in 2 also, op

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i didnt gently caress any of the companions because i dont like roleplaying

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I didn’t get to play the sequel as much as I wanted to but so far I feel like it’s a big improvement over the original. It looks like they’re making companions a bigger part of the story, they can actually get involved in conversations and really talk to each other instead of having 4 party members shout out unrelated interjections one after the other like the first one. You have a relationship bar with each one that’s increased or decreased based on your actions or dialogue but each companion also has a relationship with each other so I’m excited to see how that plays out. My character, Edér, and the new companion Xoti (the only two companions I have right now) are all Eothas worshippers and both companions like humorous interactions so we’re just like this gang of wisecracking religious fanatics running around blessing people and cracking up at each other’s stupid jokes, which is fun.

Multiclassing is pretty neat too, I went Priest/Monk so I’ve got all the priest abilities and buffs but can also occasionally break out some Hokuto Shin Ken. And when you recruit a new companion you can choose between one of two classes for them to be, or for them to multi class the two. It’s cool that each combination of classes has its own name, too—as a priest/monk the game refers to my character as a “contemplative.”

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh also pistols are finally considered 1-handed weapons. I guess that means you can dual-wield them but my first thought was “does that mean you can have a saber in your right hand and a pistol in your left like a real pirate” and hell yeah you can. That’s my second weapon set for enemies that I’m apprehensive about punching in the face.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Kinda fell off the first game after beating it. Buncha stuff to do still but hard to find the motivation to just do it. Really looking forward to eventually getting the second one though. Being a god-slaying pirate badass sounds like a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

swimsuit posted:

i didnt gently caress any of the companions because i dont like roleplaying

dont like or are extremely good at?

• Locked thread