Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

About to play the first one for the first time, is there any way I can completely gimp myself at the beginning or am i safe just doing whatever with my player character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

loving awesome

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just talked to a dead(?) dwarf woman hanging from a tree by the neck and murdered some loving villagers to recruit my wizard friend this game is Good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I bought the basic version, is the DLC for this (PoE1) endgame or does it pop up earlier and should I get it now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

triple post but these kickstarter NPCs are very obnoxious bc every time i think i see someone i should talk to its just one of them

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

i just solved the bell puzzle in the temple in guilded vale and im really hoping theres a lot more stuff like this

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really appreciate that equip load/inventory management just shouldnt be a thing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

got my stronghold and cleared maps south until I hit the Gorge and got loving owned by a group of feral druids

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I did some stuff in the very first zone of the big city, working on my stronghold. Currently searching for a missing noblewoman who disappeared(?)

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

think i may have found temple of woedica a little early... this big encounter at the end is super hard

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there may be better way to go about it.

ive tried donning the mask and going in alone but I dont have any conversation options that dont end in combat. Ill explore the area more and see if I should do something different

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Never mind I figured it out

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the combat's geting a lot more fun with everyone having a lot of options (the priest has like 30 drat spells now) but one thing that's starting to grate is just how much time you spend waiting for your guys to walk from A to B. if there's a mod that lets me fast travel whenever+adds a quadruple speed option or something it would help the pacing a lot

you must gather your party before venturing forth

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the only thing i dont like about 1 so far is that it somehow has even worse npc pathing than BG1. sometimes when i tell one of my party to move in a straight line like 5 steps they will get stuck in a loop just walking back and forth behind the group or something else dumb

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It’s really ftw when your casters all shove past your fighters to get through a doorway even though your formation is set so that warriors should be in front, the casters immediately get engaged by whatever enemy is on the other side, and then your warriors all get stuck in the doorway together like the Three Stooges and aren’t able to help

even baldurs gate was way better about this

extremebuff posted:

You have completed tom's request. Turn this quest into Tom at his house in First Fires.

Loading Defiance Bay.
*checks map* Tom's house isn't marked. have to look at a wiki because gently caress if i remember
5 minutes of walking to tom's house in the giant town
Loading First fires
5 minutes of walking to Tom's house
Loading Tom's house
Oh tom? He's on the second floor!
Loading Tom's house Floor 2
Tom: Thank you, here is a lovely sword

give me a loving break here

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sounds just like an Infinity Engine game lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

which revolver ocelot

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

is there a less obnoxious way to stock up camping supplies. I'm about 12 hours in and im just checking random inkeepers before each dungeon

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m not gonna bother with any mods I’ll just deal with it. Searing falls is uh... appropriately named

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I’m playing with my main as a paladin, the other paladin lady from the city, the fighter and mage from the first village, the priest and the chanter. I really feel like I’m missing a thief but idk who to convert.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Stuck in the sanitarium. Im at the point where I need the Statue Man upstairs to open the North Ward for me but nothing I do will trigger the dialog option with him. I even looked on a wiki and ive done everything up to that point, it says just to tell the warden about what Azo has been doing but the dialog for him is still the three conversational responses

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I didnt loot one last note apparently

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man the Sanitarium was reallllyyyy good. Thaos is getting to be a really good villain

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The animancy hearing was great

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

My MC is a paladin as well. the rest of my party is Rogue/Wizard/Cipher/Ranger. The combat is kind of brainless on normal mode so I might have to up the difficulty which I did not expect to have to do

Ive been playing on normal too and aside from oh poo poo moments (wandering into a room full of varied and dangerous mobs) and having to reload and organize a little I haven't had any real challenges. Even the dragon in searing falls wasnt very difficult after my first wipe, I just organized my people a little better

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ive been using the chanter forever but I feel like its time to switch it up

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Mine is tanking with the Leech flail (20% dmg returned as endurance) and the Larder Door shield

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I gave the paladin lady the two hander that does knockdowns on crits and i have the priest crit buff her every fight. watching drakes and dragons get flattened is hilarious

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/b3nnyd

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

I like how my play sessions are basically split into two styles: Combat, and Diplomacy. Sometimes I spend 4 hours in a dungeon getting mad loot, and other times I agonize over simple dialogue options because What if the other one unlocks secret cool poo poo. The characters in this game are so drat good and I feel bad when my party members get mad at me when I punch people in the face after they get to big for their britches. My character is loving Maia

Some lovely lord came to my keep asking me to help quell a rebellion of farmers and I had him hung. I lost a ton of prestige or whatever its called for doing it and I briefly considered reloading but decided to stick to my decision and every one after that. I cant wait to do an rear end in a top hat playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

he was second banana on PREY so you can play that 4 your cavellone fix

• Locked thread