Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also how Akane became Zero. Meanwhile Junpei avoids Zeroitis, but just turns into a jerk instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, at least we know Phi is still alive!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bifauxnen posted:

So basically, the real secret to Sigma becoming the time travelling Zero mastermind that we saw in VLR... is that he was such a reckless kid he was constantly getting his dumb rear end killed across multiple timelines.

We already knew that from VLR, though.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
This is an extension of his cat curse, he also got nine lives out of it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Leraika posted:

RIP team C ;_;

I'm not sure if it'd help, but giving a quick list of who's been announced dead in each timeline at the start of each post (so, starting with your next one) might be a good idea?

We don't know which timeline we're in at the start of each fragment. That's the point.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is the main thing that makes ZTD hard to LP. You have no idea where a fragment fits on the global chart initially, which makes it hard to tell a straightforward story with.

I'm not really sure why Uchikoshi decided to use that method of story telling here unless he wanted the player to feel as powerless as the characters.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
There actually is a menu for announced deaths, though, so I could always include that once the timelines start threading together more cohesively. But right now it would be pretty pointless.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The memory wipe aspect brings an interesting twist I feel. Consider the implications on Q Team for instance. Q and Mira will end up waking up to Eric's corpse next mindwipe with absolutely no idea who killed him. Surely it will lead to some shenanigans. Similarly nobody knows if perhaps there was another "game" that caused C Team's death because of the blanks in memory. As Phi mentioned at the start of the Recovery Room they've been through quite a number of "cycles" already based on the time when they wake up there. That's a lot of blank space unaccounted for. It does make things really muddy when you're at the start of the game like this and haven't done many fragments but it becomes pretty interesting to try and piece together what's been going on as you do more of them and start getting a bit more of a frame of time and events.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are characters you feel bad about them dying and then there's eric

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Eric was actually my favorite character from this game. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's okay to be wrong.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

That's... a take I've never heard from someone.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm sure what he meant was "Eric was actually my favorite character of those that were created for this game."

Still objectively wrong, but a magnitude less wrong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nah, Carlos AND Diana exist, it's still the worst kind of wrong.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Clarste posted:

We don't know which timeline we're in at the start of each fragment. That's the point.

I meant for actual continuations (like the healing room -> this last update) but you're right in that it's probably too short a thing to actually be helpful.

e: also I forgot about the menu because I'm a dumbass

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'll explain my reasoning. Eventually!

OddHaberdasher posted:

I'm sure what he meant was "Eric was actually my favorite character of those that were created for this game."

Oh, well, yeah. That's a given.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jun 12, 2018

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Similarly nobody knows if perhaps there was another "game" that caused C Team's death because of the blanks in memory.

But they do know about the execution vote, which wasn't erased from their memory.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the execution vote wouldn't explain a single person dying in another team

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
It also wouldn't explain why C-team is dead, since we followed the plan to vote for Q-team.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Also doesn't explain why Phi mysteriously vanished at about the same time the deaths were announced :tinfoil:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

OddHaberdasher posted:

It also wouldn't explain why C-team is dead, since we followed the plan to vote for Q-team.
This:

Clarste posted:

The thread followed the plan, but there are other timelines and fragments if we chose the wrong team and hosed up the plan. So this is a fragment where Diana voted to execute Team C....or they "pressed a button" but it just killed their team instead of everyone, I donno.

Brony Hunter posted:

Also doesn't explain why Phi mysteriously vanished at about the same time the deaths were announced :tinfoil:

So she got into the other wards somehow and murdered 4 people in the span of like a minute?

Heckspawn posted:

There actually is a menu for announced deaths, though, so I could always include that once the timelines start threading together more cohesively. But right now it would be pretty pointless.

You or someone else could also note what time it is in each fragment and piece deaths together with that maybe, I mean there are still different timelines but it might help. Like this one was at 19:03. I forget if the segments have set timeframes, like is it every 90 minutes or hour or something?

Brightman fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 12, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brightman posted:

You or someone else could also note what time it is in each fragment and piece deaths together with that maybe, I mean there are still different timelines but it might help. Like this one was at 19:03. I forget if the segments have set timeframes, like is it every 90 minutes or hour or something?

We donno. The rules for this one are a lot less standardised than the Ambidex Edition.

E: VVVVV or I'm just bad at reading.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 12, 2018

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

They are injected with the memory loss drug and put to sleep every 90 minutes, as per the rules Zero goes through at the start. At the start of the Healing Room D-Team notes that the time is 18:05 and they were first knocked out after the voting game at 13:30, making it 4 1/2 hours since then. So the Healing Room is the 3rd time they've woken up since then, making it 2 cycles they've already been through and forgotten.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

They are injected with the memory loss drug and put to sleep every 90 minutes, as per the rules Zero goes through at the start. At the start of the Healing Room D-Team notes that the time is 18:05 and they were first knocked out after the voting game at 13:30, making it 4 1/2 hours since then. So the Healing Room is the 3rd time they've woken up since then, making it 2 cycles they've already been through and forgotten.

They might've been through 2 cycles, but they also could've been asleep the whole time. We only know how long they're awake during one cycle. Plus there's definitely only one fragment above this one on the global flowchart (after that big 4-way split anyway).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ah right I didn't really take into account how long they might be asleep.

Give it some time and even someone who's played the game has forgotten how the gently caress the game works! :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I 100%ed the thing again a few months back and I'm still not sure if I understand it.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
Yeah, once we start getting into things this game can get very complex.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm so happy that Virtue got the last post in the VLR thread.

It's some combination of :allears: and :master:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm so happy that Virtue got the last post in the VLR thread.

It's some combination of :allears: and :master:

Virtue's Last Reply

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

limeicebreakers posted:

Virtue's Last Reply

Shitposters Get Banned/I Want To Be A Shitposter

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Couldn't help but come back and see what's going on, and... Ahhh, what a welcome home, seeing... This. I reviewed it when it came out, completing it in a single, mindfucky 24 hour session... And then slept for half a day. It's interesting stuff, and it'll be interesting, once we get to certain points, to compare how it ties in (surprisingly well, given the time involved and creative changes.)

I also kinda like Eric, it must be said. But you know who the undisputed best character in the game is?

Try and tell me I'm wrong. Just try. :clint:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

JamieTheD posted:

I can't. You're objectively right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

JamieTheD posted:

I also kinda like Eric, it must be said. But you know who the undisputed best character in the game is?

Good taste.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1009767070559375360
https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/1009767207520227328

Don't click through the tweets, there are spoilers in the replies.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The snail can't be everywhere, I guess.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Having the wallet enabled him to buy silly juice and go on a bender during which he was hit by a meteorite. If his wallet wasn't found he never would have been to the bar that got flattened by a space rock. Rip

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I am happy for our Uchikoshi's stroke of good fortune, but I am sad for the Uchikoshi of the timelines where his wallet and/or its contents were not returned.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just a note to anyone with a NA PS4 account, ZTD is on sale for $16 (and the bundle of the remade first two games is $20)

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
So much for my trying for weekly updates v:shobon:v Should be getting something up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's a long and crazy game, we've learned patience from the VLR LP.

• Locked thread