Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I have such a love for the zero escape series and this game is no different. Looking forward to seeing how everyone reacts and just enjoying the mindfuck experience that is ZTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
UPDATE 02-A: EXECUTION: C
(warning: :words: )

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: C, PART 1 ] :siren:

Let's start with C-Team.

[ MUSIC: "EXTREME EXTRICATION 2ND MIX" ]

So this is the last room...

We've checked everywhere we could...

It's just as Zero said, huh?

How can we not?!

But...

Dcom's whole psychological test.

What? Why?

I have no clue why he's here...but he's for real.
So that means he's actually willing to kill off a whole team?
Yeah.
But how...

So we'll be sleeping and then "BAM!"
Or maybe... *schhhk*
There's a bunch of different ways.

Why would you need to reach them?

Well no, but...

What do you mean?
Remember what Zero said? "The group with two or more votes will lose."
I get it...

and Q-Team for C-Team. Then all the teams would have one vote each...

But how do we make sure they know to do it...

[ MUSIC: "RIDDLE AND PUZZLE 2ND MIX" ]

Hey! Mira! Eric! Diana!
Phi? Sigma? Can you hear us?!
It's not working...
Dammit.

What's this supposed to mean?
The game'll end...and something about two people?
I guess the tough part is figuring out "treat."

But it could also mean "treatment," which would imply being cared for.
Either way, it doesn't make sense.
Hey, anyone know what this thing could be?

Maybe some kind of white smoke...
A Tamatebako?
You've heard of it, Carlos?
Urashima Taro, right? Japanese folklore. Something about jumping through time, I think?

What's that?

There's probably a password that goes there.
Then something ends if you punch it in?
But what, though?

Wait, wait.

It seems like it wouldn't even have to be a box for that.

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: C, PART 2 ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "SINISTERNESS PHASE 1" ]

So... What now?

What can we do...

Junpei...

No. We still have some time.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Holy crap, a modicum of interactivity! Let's just go hog wild and ask 'em all, shall we?

Who is Zero...

Then that means there had to have been a first one, right?
Yeah, there is.

In the Biblical sense, even!

...Sorry.

Sorta...
I brought it up earlier.

It happened last year. Akane and I were trapped somewhere. The person responsible back then was named "Zero."

JUST! Please--!

Why is Zero doing this?

So it's true.

I think, if we end up losing this game...we're all going to die.

So what Sigma said back then, up in Dcom, was...

Have you ever heard of the term "Reverie Syndrome"?
What causes it is unknown. Neither the nerves nor the brain have abnormalities, but somehow the disease causes you to stop reacting to a variety of stimuli.

Hey, hold up.

Shouldn't you know already?
Huh?

Mankind is currently facing what is clearly an unprecedented crisis.

Clearly.

You've heard of it?
Yeah, kinda...

You're both Japanese, right?
Yes...
And you both lived in Japan when you were kids. You even went to the same school.
So you're childhood friends...

Sigma. He mentioned it back in Dcom.

Information spreads fast.

Huh?
The Dcom experiment. You two signed up together, right?
No, we didn't...

Wait, you're telling me...
You guys just happened to bump into each other at Dcom?

It was inevitable.
Why did you subject yourself to this circus?
I didn't mention it before?
I... Well, I kind of really need a lot of cash.

Huh. Color me surprised.

A what?
Didn't you say you're a firefighter? A really good one...
You've faced off against danger, and saved a whole bunch of people. Sounds like a hero to me.

It doesn't seem to matter where I find myself.

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: C, PART 3 ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "INITIATION (PREAMBLE)" ]

:3:

Gab!
Where did you come from...

Hm, I don't think so. A vent to the surface would defeat the purpose of a bomb shelter.
So he came from another ward then?

But Ward Q is down that direction, right?

Think you can fit in there, Akane?

Oh, I know!

He should be able to fit through then.

Eric!

No answer, huh?

But why the dog...?
Maybe they felt bad about leaving him alone up there?

You really think Zero'd do us any favors?

Did that bastard Zero take the meds?
I still think this could work. We can use it.
Wait a sec.

A beer coaster and a pen?
I found them on the counter of the bar.
There's something written on it.
Oh, uh, I did that.

"C-Team is voting for D-Team, so D-Team should vote for Q-Team, and Q-Team for C-Team."
Oh! You're going to put it in the case and have Gab go through the vent!
Cross your fingers he can get to Q-Team...

So we shouldn't?

What did you throw?
Cheese. Picked it up with the coaster. It was over there on the counter.

Maybe next time he comes back he'll be a hot dog.

It was a joke.

[ MUSIC: "MISCHIEVOUSNESS (CONSTERNATION REMIX)" ]

Let's just vote, Carlos!

I know.

What is it?
You remember what you wrote on the Gabletter?
The what?

"C-Team is voting for D-Team, so D-Team should vote for Q-Team, and Q-Team for C-Team."
Yeah...
So what?

If we do that, then they'll end up with two votes and...!
Yup. Q-Team will be out.

the note makes it to D-Team, and Diana votes the way we want her to.
Think about it for a second.

Those are the rules of the Decision Game according to Zero.
Balancing the votes won't do us any good. We'll just end up falsely prolonging someone's death.

[ MUSIC: "TOUGH DECISION (MAKE YOUR CHOICE)" ]

Okey-doke, gang, who we murderin'.

Heckspawn fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 10, 2018

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

quote:

Hope y'all are prepared to see this face a whole lot. :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Disclaimer: I've played this game, I'm not trying to figure anything out, I just like bullshitting. No comments or musings are intended to lead toward or away from any "right" answer, now or in the future.

Who do you side with, a guy who's pragmatically trying to betray some folks to get them killed, or a woman who was literally Zero? What I find interesting about this choice is that in contrast to VLR's prisoner's dilemma, there's nothing we can do to decide our own fate. If D and Q both vote for us we die, if they don't we live. There is no immediate survival choice here, just whether to immediately get three kills towards that escape condition. And we don't even know if we'll do that, if Gab got stuck in the vent the other folks are basically voting at random.

So our fate is essentially down to chance. On the one hand, we've made a plan and it would be a dick move to go against it. On the other hand Q-team has that creepy kid with the orb on his head. I vote for D-Team.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...You know, I hadn't considered Junpei and Akane's relationship a year after 999. Makes me wonder if Junpei is actually bitter towards Akane or just teasing her throughout this update.

Anyways, let's vote for Team D, because that's what I'd probably choose if I were playing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
gently caress Team Q.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
D is for Dead Team

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
D Team

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Kill Q that smug immortal bastard.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Heckspawn posted:

Go for it, I'll link it in the OP. Actually, asap would be great since, like you said, the information in it becomes relevant in the very next update. I'd have posted it myself but I don't actually own the thing. :v:

PRE-DECISION

Scenario by Kotaro Uchikoshi

December 26, 2028: Just after noon

“Six billion will die if we don’t do something!”
Sigma stood in the center of the Infirmary, a crowbar gripped in his hands. What used to be the door of a medicine cabinet lay at his feet among shards of broken bottles.
None of the participants dared make a move. A furry face poked through the wall of legs.
“Gab…” Sigma’s voice trailed off. His gaze caught on the canister hanging from the dog’s collar.
“Could it be-?” No sooner had he spoken than Sigma leapt towards the dog. Carlos seized the opportunity and tackled Sigma. The two wrestled across the floor and slammed into the wall, shaking the room.
“Get off me! It might be in the case!”
“What might be? You’re not making sense!”
“The very thing that will kill six bil—dammit!” Sigma held tight to the crowbar as Carlos attempted to pin him.
“Don’t just stand there! Do something!” Carlos struggled to get the words out.
Junpei and Eric quickly leapt into action. The three men piled on him and Sigma put his full strength into trying to buck them off.
“There’s still some fight left in this old man!”
“Who’s an old man? You’re stronger than any of my crew back at the station.”
The four women watched the scuffle from a safe distance. Mira was simply bemused. Diana looked out of her element. Phi just grit her teeth. And as for Akane… She calmly knelt down and opened the case on Gab’s collar. Removing the contents, she presented them to Diana.
“You said you were a nurse, didn’t you, Diana? Can you tell me what this is?”
Diana examined it carefully. “It’s nitrate. You’d use it to treat cardiovascular disease.”
“You mean like, heart attacks?” Phi narrowed her eyes and Diana responded with a nod.
Mira interjected. “So Gab’s like one of those rescue dogs. Someone’s heart gives out, and Gab’s there to provide the medicine. He’s more reliable than some people I know.” Hearing the explanation, the fight went out of Sigma and he finally stopped struggling. Carlos wrested the crowbar away from him and Eric picked it up. He raised it over Sigma’s head. “Throw this rear end in a top hat in confinement!”
Junpei stood and brushed himself off. “Yeah, that’s the course of action the emergency guidebook suggests. ‘Should a participant become mentally unstable during the experiment and pose a possible threat, the participant may be restrained in a confinement room at the leader’s discretion.’”
Mira wasn’t convinced. “But it’s still the first day. We only just started the cohabitation a few hours ago. Are you saying he went crazy already?”
“Whatever, just lock him up!” Eric urged.
“Carlos, you’re the leader,” Junpei suggested. “You decide.”
“Let’s just pretend this never happened. The staff will shut the whole thing down if they find out. I don’t want that—and neither do any of you.”
Mira studied her nails and murmured, “Call off the experiment, and we end up with less money in our pockets.”
Carlos left without another word. The others followed, leaving Diana with a prostrate Sigma. She crouched down next to him and offered her hand.
“Are you hurt?” she gently asked with a smile.

December 26, 2028: Late night

The first night of the experiment saw Phi stopped by Sigma’s room. She did not look pleased.
Akane arrived soon after. She let out a deep sigh, closed the door behind her, and turned on the music player in the corner of the room. It was playing an idyllic country song. She cranked the volume up before speaking.
“Sigma, did I not make myself clear? We’re not supposed to mention the future to others.”
“Yeah. I know what you said…”
Phi was not about to let Sigma sulk. “What the hell is wrong with you? Did you expect them to immediately agree? The truth will only confuse them. Remember what happened this afternoon?”
Akane continued, “If the three of us end up in confinement, nobody else will be able to stop the release of the virus.”
Sigma hung his head low and let out a heavy sigh. “So what do you suggest? We searched the facility top to bottom. No sign of Radical-6.”
The cramped room fell into silence. The song shifted to commiserate about a bad breakup that made the tense situation all the more uncomfortable.
“Maybe we’re in the wrong place.” Sigma suddenly raised his head.
“Wait, what?” Phi looked surprised.
“It could be that the pandemic started somewhere other than at Dcom.”
“No… That’s not possible,” Akane began before Sigma cut her off.
“No, you don’t know. Of course you wouldn’t. You’re not the Akane Kurashiki from 2029. You’ve yet to live through the end of civilization.”
“But Sigma-“
“I was there. April 13, 2029, the day the world’s antimatter reactors exploded. And that’s not all. I know what caused it—the Radical-6 outbreak. But the one thing I didn’t see was how the virus escaped from Dcom. The pandemic started right here. Allegedly. I know this because you told me, Akane. The future you.”
Akane couldn’t hide her discomfort as she looked at him. She seemed on the verge of tears.
“Sigma, what are you getting at?” Phi asked him, arms crossed.
“I’m saying… What if the future Akane lied?”
“W-Wait just a moment.” Akane raised a placating hand.
“Assume that’s true. Blaming me wont’ do anything. You said it yourself, Sigma. It wasn’t me in the present. It was me in the future.”
“Then how do you know about Radical-6?”
“I had a… vision.”
“A vision?”
“My future self reached out to me through the morphogenetic field. But the images are fragmented. I can’t be sure of anything.” “So you can’t be positive that the virus escaped from Dcom, now can you?”
“That’s true, but…” Akane lowered her eyes.
Silence filled the room once more. The country song switched to a ballad.
“Akane, look at me.” Sigma gripped her shoulders. “The future you doesn’t matter. I need you – the you right now – to convince me that you’re not lying. Do you swear?”
Akane raised her face to look Sigma straight in the eyes. “Yes. I swear.”
Sigma sighed and relaxed enough to quirk a small smile, which Akane returned. Phi simply watched them in silence.

December 27, 2028

The Dcom facility was comprised of several independent units. One functioned as a living room of sorts for the participants to gather and hang out. They called it the Home Unit, and that’s where Carlos, Mira, Eric, and Diana were now, staving off boredom. The others were off in their private rooms, working up a sweat in the gym, or tending to the soil in the Gardening Unit. The four of them held what looked to be parts for some sort of device. They were building something. A blueprint was spread across the table. Next to it, a box was overflowing with even more parts.
“What do you think it will be once we’re done?” Diana asked.
“Who even knows. A washing machine? Fighter jet? Or heck, a robot maid?” Eric shrugged, completely uninterested.
“Whatever it is, I’m sure there’s no point to it,” Mira added. “Dcom is supposed to simulate cohabitation on Mars, right? The goal of the experiment is to collect our psychological data. Our only job is to have blood samples taken three times a day. Which means—“
“This is a good way to kill time.” Diana glanced down at the parts in her hands.
“We need some sort of goal. Otherwise we’d go cuckoo. Like that guy yesterday.” Mira held the tip of the screwdriver close to her temple and spun it loosely in a circle.
“Hey Carlos, you sure we made the right call?” Eric stopped working to ask uneasily. “Maybe we should’ve locked Sigma up after all.”
Carlos answered without looking up. “My decision stands. I can’t afford to abort the experiment.”
Pursing his lips, Eric simply shook his head.

December 28, 2028

The sprinklers in the Gardening Unit sprayed a thin curtain of mist that glittered in the light and formed a small rainbow. A solitary figure passed under it. It was Junpei. He stopped just short of Akane, her back turned to him. She sat in the center of the unit bathed in the mist of the sprinkler.
“Are you here to ask me something?” Akane asked without turning around.
Junpei balled his hands into fists. “Oh, I’ve got things to ask! I’m practically choking on them there’s so many things I need to get out!”
In the void after his outburst, the only sound for a few moments came from the intermittent cycling of the sprinklers.
“Akane, I’ve been waiting this whole time for you to talk to me. But you didn’t on the first day. On the second. You’re acting like nothing happened last year.”
“It’s not that. I just didn’t want to jeopardize everything I’ve worked for.”
“What are you up to this time?”
“I’m not ‘up to’ anything.”
“Stop acting so goddamn coy. I know all about the secret meetings you’ve been having with Phi and Sigma.” Akane didn’t respond.
“Does it have to do what Sigma said on the first day?”
“When the time comes, I’ll tell you everything.”
“I knew it! What exactly are you scheming?”
Akane silently stood. She turned and brushed past Junpei, the streaks on her cheeks clear to see. Junpei inhaled a quiet breath and watched her walk away.
Two figures stood in the shadow of the hallway, having overheard the entire exchange. Sigma and Phi lowered their voices, their eyes on Junpei.
“So that’s our young Tenmyouji, huh,” Sigma commented. Phi mused, “I never thought I’d hear words like that out of his mouth.”
“I knew what to expect when we met two days ago. But it’s still a shock.”
“He still sort of looks like Tenmyouji.”
“Acts like him, too. He’s the same crotchety grandpa on the inside.”
“Like they say, ‘a leopard can’t change its spots.’”
It was easy enough for them to joke. They had no idea what Junpei had gone through over the past year.

December 29, 2028

Sigma was alone in the gym, running on the treadmill. Diana appeared suddenly with a smile and water bottle extended. She offered it to him.
“You’re really going all out.”
“Sorry, but I’ll pass.” His response was flat, barely acknowledging her presence.
Diana put the drinking straw of the bottle to her lips, face slightly downcast. “You’re not avoiding me, are you?”
Sigma continued to run, eyes straight ahead.
“You haven’t made eye contact with me since we met.”
It wasn’t strictly true. When they first met the day the experiment began, Sigma’s eyes had been locked on Diana for a full ten seconds. She’d looked away in embarrassment, but Sigma kept staring. It was as if a spear had pierced his spine straight down from his skull, freezing him in place. But after that first moment, she was right. Sigma hadn’t so much as glanced at her for the past three days. He kept any conversation between them to the absolute bare minimum.
“I feel like I know you from somewhere,” she blurted out.
“Impossible. You’re—“
Diana tilted her head to the side. Sigma swallowed his words and instead wiped the sweat from his forehead. Diana pressed a button on the treadmill with a mischievous smirk. The motor screeched as it flew into high gear.
“Just so you know, I won’t turn it off until you look at me.”
“You shouldn’t be here. I’m crazy, if you haven’t heard.”
Her only response was to increase the speed again. Now it was her turn to stare at him. Sigma’s legs pounded the tread at full speed. Soon he was gasping for breath.
“Please, no more…of this…torture. My chest… It feels like it’s going to burst. It just might…if I don’t stop.”
Sigma couldn’t last any longer. He leapt from the machine and headed towards the shower, panting heavily. The door clicked shut behind him followed by the sound of running water.
Diana left the gym, head cocked in contemplation.
Inside the empty room, buried under the noise of the shower, was the faint sound of someone choking back tears.

December 30, 2028

Over the past several days, Sigma had repeatedly ignored Akane and Phi’s explicit instructions not to warn the others about the impending deaths of six billion people. He’d even let Eric goad him into admitting he was working with Akane and Phi. But for better or worse, nobody took him seriously. Every time he started up again, they simply rolled their eyes and ignored him. Now it was December 30, the eve of the day of destiny. One member was building something in the Home Unit. Another was playing in their room with Gab. Still another was trying to sweat at their memories at the gym. The normal routine in Dcom. Except for one thing: The crops in the Farming Unit had finally sprouted.
That night everyone gathered in the Home Unit for a toast. Sigma, Akane, and Phi may have joined in the celebration physically, but their minds were preoccupied with what was to come. No one could say that their expressions were anything but dour as a cloud of gloom hung over them.
The hour grew late. Everyone turned in for the night and fell asleep, unaware of what tomorrow had in store.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
I am ready for this thread.
Also Q gives me the bad feelings, so let's get rid of Q Team first.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Do the right thing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

whitehelm posted:

Inside the empty room, buried under the noise of the shower, was the faint sound of someone choking back tears.

*plays Blue Bird Lamentation*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Never actually read any of this before. Neat.

That said, Sigma doubting Akane telling the truth seems weird. You trusted this woman enough to set up a game for several DECADES and all of a sudden you decide you can't trust her?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 9, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Random.org gave me 1, so... D

The teams being called C, Q, and D are a reference to the Morse code CQD, which was used as a distress signal before the adoption of SOS.

And for a tie-in to previous games, the Titanic was said to have used CQD as a distress call when the ship hit the iceburg, and alternated it with SOS as they continued to call for help.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Vote D.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.

Thanks a bunch, added.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Vote D for death!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Stick to the plan. D.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Never actually read any of this before. Neat.

That said, Sigma doubting Akane telling the truth seems weird. You trusted this woman enough to set up a game for several DECADES and all of a sudden you decide you can't trust her?

Reads more like his fears getting the better of him more so than doubting Akane.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Team D.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jimmydalad posted:

I have such a love for the zero escape series and this game is no different. Looking forward to seeing how everyone reacts and just enjoying the mindfuck experience that is ZTD.

:emptyquote:

I'm so excited this LP is finally happening! And that's probably all I can say about anything for the forseeable future.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Team Q because I don't trust Akane after betraying us for 2 games.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
It's been 24 hours, so I'm calling it for D-Team. Hang tight and all that.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

I didn't catch this at first, you've got a duplicate screenshot here (though the filename's different) and the second one is actually supposed to show the Pantry.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
Whoops, fixed. Thanks for the catch.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Oh man, someone's doing ZTD. It's already been said, but good luck and godspeed. This will be quite the ride indeed....

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh wow, I'm glad someone is doing this. I've been super curious about this game what with all the claims it would be impossible to LP and so on in the last thread.

Let the mindfuck begin!

But everyone needs to stop being mean to Emil. :(

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.

Zoe posted:

I've been super curious about this game what with all the claims it would be impossible to LP and so on in the last thread.

Did people say that? Now I'm all worried I'm truly in over my head. :ohdear: Guess we'll just have to see how I do.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
UPDATE 02-B: EXECUTION: Q

D-Team it was voted, and D-Team it shall be.

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: C: VOTE D-TEAM ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "SINISTERNESS PHASE 2" ]

[img]https://lpix.org/3111284/Junpeiztd-icon.png][/img] You'll see, Akane...

[img]https://lpix.org/3111284/Junpeiztd-icon.png][/img] Hell, we don't even know if our vote reached the other teams or not. And even if it did, there's no guarantee they did what we asked.
[img]https://lpix.org/3111284/Junpeiztd-icon.png][/img] Two possibilities will come out of this.

Sleep well, as the next game will begin when you awake.
Unfortunately, the team who receives two votes will be unable to participate...

You've gone through with the vote exactly as I commanded.

The memory loss drug will not be injected into the three of you.
When you next wake, those who survived will be able to regret the decision they made.
As all members of a single team will perish as a result of the vote you entered.

Moving right along.

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: Q, PART 1 ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "CQD WARD BGM 1" ]

There should be another room around here somewhere.

Mira...

It's pretty pointless to hang out here kicking our heels. Let's go back to the lounge.

What is this...?
[Let's inhibit the virus!]
Maybe someone's gonna remove or control some kind of virus?

But if we don't do it, doesn't that mean we'll die?
Yeah.

if we refuse, then we get two votes against us automatically...

So you're saying it's a joke...?
Don't you think that would make a whole lot more sense?
The Dcom staff will probably pop through that door over there yelling "Surprise!"
I get it! You're right!

I bet that means you're part of the whole surprise!

I can't.
Huh?

drat brat! Stop bullshitting me!

You'll break my neck!
drat. It's really on there...
Wait. I see something on the side of this thing.

What the hell...
Isn't it a password input?
Does that mean the helmet comes off with the right numbers?

Ah! Hey!

I don't remember. I woke up, and I was here...

Maybe...?

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: Q, PART 2 ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "CQD WARD BGM 2" ]

What?

Oh boy, more chats!

Oh, come on. Stop playing. You know everything, don't you?
I told you I don't...

I don't know.

If this isn't a joke, then things are really serious.

But why would someone do that...
Zero said..."it's a game"...
So then he's a psychopath. This Zero guy is probably off somewhere enjoying seeing us freak out...

Yeah.
Rumor is they killed 18 people, all in the past few years...

The victim's name was Virginia Bailey, age 28. The chest was ripped open and the heart entirely removed.
It happened again on May 22, 2026. The body of a male was found in a trash can near a residence in Sacramento. The victim's name was Jeffery Foret, age 37.
His body was just like Virginia's, with the victim's heart completely gouged out.
Two months later, on July 29--
H-Hey, wait a minute.

I don't know why...but I knew.

Weren't you listening to Zero earlier?

I know that, but where exactly?

Dcom?

So, it's an experiment to see if we could survive on Mars?
Uh huh.

C-Team and D-Team were there too.
Oh, and there was a dog. It was incredibly old.
I think his name was Gab...

You weren't there. It's very suspicious.

Psychological data mostly.
It was a closed environment for a group of people for an extended period of time. So how would that mess with the subjects mentally?
That was what they were trying to investigate.
What made you sign up?
Hmm. Tough question.

Eric?

That's it?
Well, maybe not entirely...

Going on? Ah, uh well...
Are you in love?

We're not?
Well we're not NOT, but...!

:siren: [ VIDEO: EXECUTION: Q, PART 3 ] :siren:

[ MUSIC: "SINISTERNESS PHASE 3" ]

You know, I've been trying to figure something out for a while. What is this thing?

So what, you think there's assorted teas inside?
Gifts don't have to be a good thing, do they?

What if it's some kind of bomb?!

Hmm, I don't think it is...

I think this is upside down. So...this would be the front...

Guess it stops something?
Look, there's also a keyboard.
Looks like you're supposed to input a code of some kind...
And if we get it right?
Then "something" will be forced to end?
But, what?
Maybe...

[ MUSIC: "INITIATION (PREAMBLE)" ]

Let's go!

You came through the vent!

I can't...
Just do it will you.

Hey, check this out.

Is that a coaster?

"Hello. Carlos here. C-Team is voting for D-Team, so D-Team should vote for Q-Team, and Q-Team for C-Team."

Don't you get it? They're saying to spread the votes.
Huh? Spread?
I get it! If each team ends up with one vote each...
The whole thing is a tie and no team will be executed.

Okay, now we have a plan. Let's do it!

Well... What if this message hasn't been delivered to D-Team yet?
You're right. The position of this vent does imply it only connects to Ward C.

We need to figure out how to notify D-Team then.
Hold on a sec! I'll get a pen and cheese! There was some at the bar, right...?

What exactly are you doing?

Then Q and D are probably connected as well.
Yup. We just need to take the cheese and...

Think it'll work...?
I'm sure it will.

[ MUSIC: "DCOM (THE BEGINNING)" ]

I wonder if Gab made it to Ward D or not.

It's not outside the realm of possibility. I don't even want to consider the alternative.
Which is...?

Trap?
They could've written it, but maybe Carlos is planning to vote for Q-Team instead.
H-Hey, wait a minute now...

You said it. If I'm right, then we need Diana to do the opposite of what it says.
What? But...

What should we do...
We don't have time for a committee.

[ MUSIC: "TOUGH DECISION (MAKE YOUR CHOICE)" ]

Yeah, you can probably tell where this is going, and also how the next segment is going to go. With that in mind, I'll go ahead and streamline the voting for the next couple of updates. Vote as you like for follow the note, have Q-Team betray, or have D-Team betray, and hopefully that'll help us more quickly get out of the preliminary bits and actually into an escape room sometime soon.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Well, since we can't kill Q Team now, I guess we should follow the note.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

follow that note

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Heckspawn posted:

Did people say that? Now I'm all worried I'm truly in over my head. :ohdear: Guess we'll just have to see how I do.

I think it's just that with how one can move around the story, audience participation in where one goes next could get overwhelming without curation.

And I vote for Q-Team betray because someone's got to throw a wrench sooner or later.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
BETRAY.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Imagine if all three of them voted to betray, and it just happened to work out :v:

Follow the note

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Follow the note

That way no one has to die and they can all leave together! :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Follow the Note

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Have Q team betray.

SMaster777
Dec 17, 2013

I wish this was my Smash main.
Let's Follow the note. Its too early to be seeing Sigma, Phi, Junpei or Akane dying. Even if we saw it plenty in 999 and VLR....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Follow the note. It's far too early for death. Plenty of time for that later!

• Locked thread