Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Follow the note.

I can't wait until I can just read this entire trilogy back to back via the LP Archive. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Follow the Note seems to be the most popular option. :(

Heckspawn posted:

drat brat! Stop bullshitting me!

Here it is. The meme.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Let's Follow the Note for now.

Bruceski posted:

I think it's just that with how one can move around the story, audience participation in where one goes next could get overwhelming without curation.

Yeah, there was some debate in the VLR LP thread about how one would handle an LP of this game. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out here.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
You can't really see it very well in the screenshots, but the :allears: gesture Q does when he asks if there's something going on between Mira and Eric is adorable. :3:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like how a few of you immediately lunge on the rear end in a top hat options. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was considering doing this myself for a long time before life got super crazy and I realized I'd never finish in a million years. You're a maniac, Heckspawn.

Man, I forgot how much I hate Eric, I've known way too many people like him, and it may have influenced my first few decisions on my play through. I mean, Junpei's an rear end in a top hat, but at least he has cool hair.

Edit: That being said...

quote:

Maybe next time he comes back he'll be a hot dog.

:same:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 11, 2018

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Aww yisssss... time for another spin on Mr. Uchikoshi's Wild Ride. :getin: :munch:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I actually kinda like Eric.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.

Leraika posted:

You can't really see it very well in the screenshots, but the :allears: gesture Q does when he asks if there's something going on between Mira and Eric is adorable. :3:

It is :3: I'd have made it a gif, or actually incorporated gifs at all, but here's where I admit I'm using freeware for all of this and couldn't figure out how to make one that didn't look like garbage. I'll keep trying to see if I can figure something out for future updates, but overall I really encourage people to watch the videos for the cutscenes.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Wow. Good luck.

Oh, and Akane’s :shepface: when the previous Zero is mentioned...

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

GEE I WONDER IF THIS WILL BECOME RELEVANT AGAIN LATER IN THE STORY

Also, follow the note.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh boy. I followed Fedule's VLR LP and now I get to follow this. I've played all the way through already so I'm mostly just here for the reactions. Rest assured, this will be a wild ride.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Hey looks like this'll be the first time I follow a Zero Escape LP and actually know poo poo.

Also everything about Q Team is equal parts adorable and creepy.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Followed Dragonatrix's 999 LP and Fedule's VLR blind, and this one is no different. Thanks for taking a shot at it, Heckspawn.

It was a couple of years ago that I read the 999 LP, but why is Junpei acting like such a cynical jerk here? He's acting a lot more like his 70 y/o self than his self from just one year ago. His hair's not even the same color from 999. And didn't he have zero contant with Akane from 999's time to VLR? :psyduck:

How many of these discrepancies are from Uchikoshi changing this game's plot from his idea at the end of VLR in 2012 to what eventually got published in 2016, vs stuff that gets explained later in this game?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Don't worry, they will address why Junpei has a massive stick up his rear end.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
He is his 70 year old self. Remember the VLR timeline is: he gets gassed in the car, young version goes forward into old body to play Nonary Game, at end his young mind goes back into his young body, then he spends his life setting up the Nonary Game and hits the swap in the other direction, his old mind going back into his young body in the car on Christmas Day - from where he presumably went to DCOM.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

hyphz posted:

He is his 70 year old self. Remember the VLR timeline is: he gets gassed in the car, young version goes forward into old body to play Nonary Game, at end his young mind goes back into his young body, then he spends his life setting up the Nonary Game and hits the swap in the other direction, his old mind going back into his young body in the car on Christmas Day - from where he presumably went to DCOM.

You're thinking of Sigma not Junpei. But yes Sigma in this game is his grandpa version who is a lot more serious and grumpy.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You're thinking of Sigma not Junpei. But yes Sigma in this game is his grandpa version who is a lot more serious and grumpy.

Ah, d’oh. Still, there’s a few of those around. Like this Zero isn’t the second Zero. Akane was the second Zero (Ace was the first). Lagomorph would have been the third if there was no Zero at DCOM.. which presumably Uchikoshi didn’t know there would be when he wrote VLR.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

hyphz posted:

Ah, d’oh. Still, there’s a few of those around. Like this Zero isn’t the second Zero. Akane was the second Zero (Ace was the first). Lagomorph would have been the third if there was no Zero at DCOM.. which presumably Uchikoshi didn’t know there would be when he wrote VLR.

Ace ran the first Nonary Game, but at no point do they ever mention him using the name Zero. Even in Seven's flashbacks, they all just call him by his name, Hongou.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Akane was the first Zero. The third Zero was Zero III (technically Sigma).

Until this game came out, I always thought of Sigma as the second Zero, but there you go. :shrug:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Really after the girl he was trying to rescue got him killed across multiple timelines (and wouldn't care either, she throws timelines away like Kleenex), Junpei probably should be a grumpy bear

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Plus at the end of 999 when everything has gone successfully and Akane is saved, she just hightails it the gently caress out of dodge without saying a single thing to Junpei and he's left wanting to see her and wondering where the hell she went.

Akane is kind of a dick really.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Follow the note.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

"Kind of"? Let's not forget that it was her plan to disappear from Junpei's life for 40+ years, use a rumor of herself being on the Moon to lure him into participating in a life-or-death game where he was infected with a virus that destroyed the world, and threatened to kill his adopted son just so she could have an Esper on-hand to power up Sigma and Phi.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Have the kid been confirmed as male? It might just be the voice actor but the way they speak is making me feel as if they are female for some reason.

Also, I vote to follow the note this time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, there's at least one timeline where he gets to see her for the first time in 40(?) years by finding her body stuffed in a murdervote box.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Akane was the first Zero. The third Zero was Zero III (technically Sigma).

Until this game came out, I always thought of Sigma as the second Zero, but there you go. :shrug:

Old Sigma (and therefore the rabbit) didn't know there was a Zero involved in these events. So Sigma considered himself Zero II and had the rabbit take Zero III, even though those are technically wrong.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm eternally delighted at how many plot holes in the previous two games that are neatly filled by this one statement.

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
Let's Play Zero Escape: Akane Is Kind Of a Dick Really.

Thesaya posted:

Have the kid been confirmed as male? It might just be the voice actor but the way they speak is making me feel as if they are female for some reason.

All we have to go on is Mira using male pronouns. Everything else is fair game in this series, honestly.

Anyway, I'll leave the voting open until tomorrow when I can actually stop to tally them but it's looking like following the note has a pretty substantial lead.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I sure hope this LP isn't going to take a decade to finish.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Eopia posted:

It wasn't going to, but there was a snail.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It wasn't going to, but there was a snail.

Life is simply unfair.

On a more serious note, would it be beneficial to take a page from Fedule's VLR LP and make a poll for votes?

Granted, I can think of a few instances where that would make things wonky.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Eopia posted:

IIRC this game is about half the length of VLR, right?

Edit: Looks like it is shorter, but not by that much.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
External poll sites are great if you have a large amount of people who would be voting and don't want your thread to be filled with nothing but votes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is not the Final Fantasy XIV thread.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 13, 2018

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Just started O8S today and I hit enrage. :dance:

wrong thread?

I mean, good on you. I haven't felt much motivation to try savage raids right now because my time in game is spent leveling other classes. I play MMOs weird.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Probably correct thread, it's just that it probably turns out Kefka is Zero.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gloomy Rube posted:

Probably correct thread, it's just that it probably turns out Kefka is Zero.

Why do you think six people need to die?

Heckspawn
May 5, 2018

Oh well.
Okay, since everybody seems to have rung in, looks like we're following the note like a bunch of goody two-shoes.

As a note of my own, I'll probably have one more sizable update out this weekend (hopefully--I still have homework and a new kitten to contend with) and then subsequent updates will generally be much shorter. They were only this big so far in the first place because I wanted to get us out of the :words: set-up as soon as possible, and I'm hoping to have substantially less free time soon, so shorter updates will hopefully mean faster updates in the future.

As for off-site polls, I thought about doing that but some of the future votes are pretty open-ended so I figured it would be better to keep them to thread posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Oh boy, it's time for round 3 of Mr. Uchikoshi's Wild Ride. :allears:

• Locked thread