Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m so excited about the, um, something something machine learning hand waving thing they’re going to introduce!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
wow, pushing more features into maps sure is a thing

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I missed most of the stream. did they announce something good? like maybe canceling android.

did anyone say machine learning?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the fact that the livestream thread didn’t make it to page 2 pretty much says it all about the stuff google showed off

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

LastInLine posted:

maybe we should ask what dyp thinks of googles phone talking robots

do you know what cures being afraid of talking to other humans? it sure as gently caress isn’t hiding behind a robot for making even the most simple phone calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Plorkyeran posted:

i suspect phone call receivers will hate duplex at first and then not mind it too much once they learn how to identify duplex callers and how to navigate the "conversation" as quickly as possible

which is sort of the opposite of what google is hoping for

“hi, James’s pizza, are you a real human?”

now the question becomes how does duplex answer that? if it tells the truth, it’s going to get hung up on. if it lies, that’s going to be a pr disaster for google.

• Locked thread