Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Lot of bad rolls this round. But, another planet into rebellion. But alot of Mulligans used.

What do you think the Imperial missions are going to be if anything significantly?

At least this Rebellion turn ends with no team badly hurt or in dire straits. No major injuries or characters in a state they have to hide or rest

Is it worth it to spend things to build up Rebellion forces when probably aren't goin gto be using them for awhile given what moving units off New Hope brings?

And hopefully next round can start wtih recruiting the new Governor - that character looks like he'll fit in well.

Also yay to see this thread going on! Always a pleasure to see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

wedgekree posted:

Lot of bad rolls this round. But, another planet into rebellion. But alot of Mulligans used.

What do you think the Imperial missions are going to be if anything significantly?

At least this Rebellion turn ends with no team badly hurt or in dire straits. No major injuries or characters in a state they have to hide or rest

Is it worth it to spend things to build up Rebellion forces when probably aren't goin gto be using them for awhile given what moving units off New Hope brings?

And hopefully next round can start wtih recruiting the new Governor - that character looks like he'll fit in well.

Also yay to see this thread going on! Always a pleasure to see what happens.

There are limits to how many units you can build in one turn so it makes some sense to start now. I will be concentrating on capital ships and elite city units for taking capitals and (hopefully) Earth. A harsh blow at their tax base. I am also concerned about having enough to repel an attack on New Hope if the Empire gets enough intel to find it. If New Hope falls the Empire can instantly win by making sure there is not a single unoccupied Concordance world which would not be difficult right now.

I think my opponent’s greatest error is trying to stomp on everything. I think I would be consolidating at his point on key worlds I cannot afford to lose and make missions on those worlds much more dangerous. Instead of having elite units trying to put down rebellions I think they should be garrisoning capitols and home worlds but we will see.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oh yeah this is the stuff, barely comprehensible gameplay about the violent overthrow of a despotic regime sweeeeet

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Xenocides posted:

I think my opponent’s greatest error is trying to stomp on everything. I think I would be consolidating at his point on key worlds I cannot afford to lose and make missions on those worlds much more dangerous. Instead of having elite units trying to put down rebellions I think they should be garrisoning capitols and home worlds but we will see.

Your opponent is doing whack a mole with Rebellions and moving fleets and ground forces to slam on in. Hopefully that means you can deal wth some of his isolated units piecemeal if they go spread enough. If he has any fleets on blockade that don't have huge suport you can hopefully pick off some of them. Good luck!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
how goes this Xenocides? Had any chance of catching up with the Imperial player to work on things or this on hold for a bit due to RL?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

wedgekree posted:

how goes this Xenocides? Had any chance of catching up with the Imperial player to work on things or this on hold for a bit due to RL?

We both got sucked into the new Pathfinder game today. I am taking next week off so hopefully we can work some time in to play then.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Xenocides posted:

We both got sucked into the new Pathfinder game today. I am taking next week off so hopefully we can work some time in to play then.

Cool. Have fun trying out the paths to make some kings.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

The guy I am playing with has not been able to make time to continue so we are calling off the game. He conceded as well. Probably premature but I was doing very well. I don't think that was superior play; a lot of it was luck of the dice.

Sorry for break though I realize most people probably (rightly) gave up on the thread a while back. Thanks to everyone for their comments and hope you enjoyed what we did get through.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Xenocides posted:

The guy I am playing with has not been able to make time to continue so we are calling off the game. He conceded as well. Probably premature but I was doing very well. I don't think that was superior play; a lot of it was luck of the dice.

Sorry for break though I realize most people probably (rightly) gave up on the thread a while back. Thanks to everyone for their comments and hope you enjoyed what we did get through.

I always enjoy your LPs, even if you were rebel scum this time around. Hope to see another thread at some point in the future!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Hey thanks for the update Xenocides. Sorry to hear that, this game was really fun to watch and see going on. Hope to get to see you do another game sometime if you find a good opposition player for it. Would love to see you take the reigns of the Rebels to fight for freedom and take down the Empire fully someday!

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
Sorry it had to be called, but at least I enjoyed what you had. Thanks!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Happy to see the other side.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Ah well. It was fun.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This was fun to read and if you decide to play another game and post it please do.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cheers.
The espionage situation was a bit scary, but the actions he used to track New Hope are a bit of an all or nothing gamble, isn't it?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What we had was enjoyable. Thanks for showing the game again.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

you can't cut down on posting

you will regret this

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Omobono posted:

Cheers.
The espionage situation was a bit scary, but the actions he used to track New Hope are a bit of an all or nothing gamble, isn't it?

I think by my understanding of how espionage worked, on Concordance aligned planets you need a specific number of successes in espionage missions to get it (I'm not sure if counter intelligence removes successes or not). If the Empire does, then they can defeat the Concordance by conquering it and if there are no more Concordance aligned planets, they win the game. And for the Concordance it's thier only planet that can produce elite/heavy units and one of the few ones that can produce taxes for them.

By midgame this isn't as crippling as the Concordance will probably have several planets, and the Empire can't defend everywhere and is having to choose battles. But it is for an early win I guess? It's not all or nothing for the Empire. It just means you have o let the Concordance take a planet early on (which is possible with aggressive use of Rebellions), capture high ranking Rebels and interrogate them for 'secrets', and run espionage. But teams running espionage are teams that you can't put into other things, and could be put elsewhere. I guess it's not 'all or nothing' as you can always not have successes early on and decide your chances are slim and redirect the teams. But it will take multiple teams several turns to do so unless you have extraordinary and consistent successes, espionage teams are generally your best combat characters..

At least from my vague understanding of the game by watching Xenocides play and the rules, it requires commitment of characters and the Rebellion getting planets early on or getting lucky with captives. But it doesn't seem to be all or nothing or require commitment of all resources.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Omobono posted:

Cheers.

He had a decent chance of finding it. He was going for an instant victory towards the end. He was planning to hit the Hypermafia hard to get back the espionage bonus and have most of his teams shoot for espionage. Once he found New Hope, occupy it and then occupy every Concordance world for the win. Risky strategy as I was getting more and more worlds but it was his best bet after my early luck kicked off quite a few high level rebellions. He was also planning to build the moloch/Death Star and start blowing up Concordance worlds to help.

I am trying to decide what to LP next. I have been toying with Dead State or maybe another submarine game, possibly WWI. Would like to do Kingmaker just because I could mix in stories from running the tabletop version but that virtually guarantees a buggy end to the LP right now. Another thought is a Romance of the Three Kingdoms game. Probably VIII so I can play as multiple characters so I am involved at some level with most of the major players and can influence a lot of events.

In any case something where I do not rely on an opponent. Otherwise I would try to LP Federation and Empire.

Any strong preferences?

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 31, 2018

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Would love Federation and Empire if you could somehow do that! It'd be fun to see. You could always play it on Vassal with folks, I'd like to think there was a version compatible with that.

Kingmaker I'd love to see you do if/when the bugs are worked out and it's.. Not getting updates every single day which I'm not sure if is good or bad.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is the one of those I'd love to see most. Pathfinder after it's patched up enough to.. not break. Federation and Empire if you ever find a way to do a stable game of it as I've alway swanted to play it but can't. Or alternatively if you could ever figure out how to do another Starfleet Battles go (Hey I can dream). I can't afford the rules for F&E and SFB to ever do them again, alas.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Was enjoying this game, sad to see it go.

another sub game would be boss, but otherwise I'd love to see some Three Kingdoms. Lot of hilarious stories come out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Do love me some ROTK

• Locked thread