Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

So has anyone managed to keep Valencia alive in a ship smaller than the beginner one? Every time I let her onboard I manage to escape a couple bounty hunters but end up not being able to escape the last one despite spamming escape talents. Gotta say, hard mode lives up to its promise, especially if you try to stay ahead of the main story.

Does anyone have tips for escaping combat and dodging torpedos? I can't tell if RNGesus hates me but it seems like even with the smallest fastest ship spamming evasive maneuvers or escape it still takes me several rounds to get out of there. Which is really annoying when you get a hostile bounty hunter or god forbid a xeno ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

TheBlandName posted:

Small ships are bad at running everything.

I loving knew it, I kept wondering why it was easier for me to run from stuff in a big ship than the speedy little bastard. That thing is a trap. I finally got enough for a cruiser and compared to the little ship that thing goes wherever the hell it wants. Gotta say, that is counterintuitive as hell and needs to be signposted in game waaay better.

Captainchat: Spy for dodging, hidden shot, combat medic for lifeline and grabbing all the aggro to then Dodge, pistoleer for synergy. Absolute murder machine.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

My girlfriend was helping me w character creation and her only criteria was don't pick one of the faces with... The Lips