Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Albinator posted:

Will this run reasonable on my crappy old laptop (i5-3230M, 8GB) with Intel HD graphics? Because a lot of it sounds really up my alley.

It should, I run it on linux (crouton) on my chromebook perfectly. The game needs virtually no graphics horsepower.

Has anyone figured out a system for recruiting crew with good stats? I'm still looking for a reliable way to recruit replacement crew mid-game with stats as good as the starter crew. All of my replacements seem to be 5+ points in each stat lower than the guys you get at the beginning of the game. The best option I've found so far is to stack people with the commander talent (discerning gaze?) for the stat bonus and only recruit when I have someone not on cooldown.

Also, the developers mentioned that stat, ability and trait pools vary by recruitment location -- locations will produce crew with similar abilities/stat skews etc. There was some mention of pulling better crew from shittier worlds (hard vacuum atmosphere, crushing gravity, etc.) Has anyone noticed this in action?

Edit, from Discord:

quote:

MintDragon - Today at 4:19 PM
once finalized, will be put on the wiki, but I have a few notes... gimme a sec
yah, hard vaccuum... you got the idea
the game actually goes that deep
BrutusAurelius-Today at 7:06 PM
IIRC, Cadar gets better combat traits, Alta Mesa gets better piloting traits (spatial) but more likely to get gravity sickness
The Song and Thulun have better bladesmen
Javat have better Engineers and mechanics
Rychart have better spies and are more likely to have Other Fascination
Mok has better diplomats and merchants
And are more likely to have things like Wanderlust
Zenrin are hardier
And De Valtos I think are greedier
and if you recruit from a harsh planet, their fortitude will be higher (generally speaking)
things aren't spelled out yet (on wiki), but tinker around with recruiting talents too. some of them give you a better chance to recruit better attributes, also higher military rank will help.
definitely copy/paste the info into a sticky. The rules are in place, but a lot of the faction-specific differentiation is going to continue. Once in place and balanced, then we'll make a wiki page for recruiting strategy

No answer on where to look for high quickness/will recruits. Other recommendations included waiting for the mercenary rumor and making sure the Commander talent that boosts new crew is off cooldown.

o muerte fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU