Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My problem is I wanna remake my FFG Rogue Trader RPG Rogue Trader, but he was too good at too many things for that. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I still barely understand what I'm doing in this game. Anyone got a good guide or something to check out?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

This game is, indeed, awesome. Even if I really don't know what I'm doing.

Also, someone should make a game that is in an Age of Sale setting, so basically this + Sid Meier's Pirates. Maybe different ship combat mechanics (more like SM'sP!)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Glenn Quebec posted:

1000% am the Captain that would rather go down fighting rather then shrug when the engines stop working.

Yeah, well if we give you up they let us, the crew, live. Nothing personal boss.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Pretty sure non permadeath has been around for quite a while, its just multiple saves that is new.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Is there a decent somewhat up to date (I know it adds stuff so fast that it can't be 100% accurate) beginner guide for this?

I keep trying to sink into it but I keep bouncing off.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So are they kinda like Battlefleet Gothic strike craft since the game/setting seems to have a lot of 40k/Rogue Trader influences?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Anyone still playing this? Its on sale on steam right now and there was apparently yet another big update with new Eras and poo poo which brought it back to my attention. I think I'm gonna give it another shot. One of these days I'll sink in instead of bouncing off its massiveness.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The updates may never slow down. They been going like this for two years.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You could always buy your friends ST:F. :v:

They also have a Kickstarter for their next game coming up in a few months. The best thing is since it’s the Trese Bros, I am completely confident that ST:F will still get plenty of work and updates given they’re still updating and adding to games even older than it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Oops, totally missed that the kickstarter had launched, guess I'll just have to give them more money for the early bird bonus. How terrible. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

What monsters!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The downside of this game getting a steady stream of small but meaningful updates is it makes it hard to make/find a beginner guide for it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sometimes I wish they would slow down or finish up the updates. All the frequent additions make it so that guides are typically out of date. This game feels really hard to get into because of how complex it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

If only it did though, such a more convenient way to mark them, lol.