Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I don't see the fear over crew combat. I just "won" crew combat with all but one crew member "dead" and as far as I can tell the end result is the exact same as the time I won with everyone still at full health.

Also, I picked the bounty hunter template with the massive ship and I've absolutely crushed every space battle I've gotten into. It's kind of tedious with how many shots it takes to whittle away their ridiculous health pools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Okay, I'm starting to get really annoyed that there's no way to tell what the cargo capacity of a ship will be when you start. Especially since the top-end ship that is supposedly designed for combat carries exactly as much cargo (35) as the top-end ship that isn't. Which makes one wonder what exactly the difference between them is intended to be.

The third from the bottom ship carries even less cargo (25) than the top two. I know at least one of these ships has a good cargo capacity since the built-in template I selected at random for my first game had 50 cargo.

Edit: The fuel situation is even worse. The UI is actively misleading. Ships can burn different amounts of fuel per AU traveled so the Galtak Freighter with a fuel of 30 can actually travel farther than the Dragoon Cruiser which has 3 times as much fuel (90)!

LLSix fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 4, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

As far as I can tell, there's no timer on picking up the arbiter to start the first quest as long as you never visit the world she's on. So you could fly off and level up for twenty years before trying to take on the main quest.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

ZearothK posted:

For my next character I fully intend to pick her up and then keep her on my ship or lose her and see if the game reacts to that.

There is a timer for delivering her once you pick her up, but I've missed some of the story mission deadlines by a few months a time or two without any obvious major negatives.

And, obviously, she takes up a passenger space on your ship which means losing one of your ship component slots for no return.