Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Great op! I love this game, it's basically a rogue trader sim. I remember being puzzled by how to find your ship on the star map though, do you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Should do the art is decent but it's essentially turn based.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sure. Good advice, thanks!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Is this a sequel to the mobile game? I played the absolute poo poo out of that one

Basically yeah.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

For skill fails just keep an eye on them and when you see a particular kind coming up often enough to notice get new crew to address the lack.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Following the main plot and supporting prince cadagan tanks the crap out of your game, it's quite instructive.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Phlegmish posted:

Got this game yesterday and I'm struggling a bit. In my first game I followed the storyline and supported Prince Faen, almost every faction that wasn't Cadar turned hostile to me and I ended up in tedious fights every ten seconds.

Going to start over, how are you guys making so much money? What's a chill build/strategy for a new player?

Yeah that's a trap, I did that too. Eventually I couldn't even refuel.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ZearothK posted:

Getting involved in the Caen family missions will always at least tank your reputation with their rival faction. Keeping a positive/neutral reputation while doing quests is easier if you go with the Arbiter, as she'll help you develop contacts in a multitude of factions while not offending any too much.

I found the enemy faction allied with enough other factions that huge swathes of space were barred to me. Can you buy bigger fuel tanks?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That would help, the biggest issue with making lots of enemies is how much it restricts your movements.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I would honestly love a mod that did nothing but changed 'star trader' to 'rogue trader', it's just such a badass name for what they do.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The game gets updated a lot so that could well be out of date - I found that softening them up and closing to board is a fantastic, almost op approach with a few appropriate talents. One thing that's vital and easy to miss is that you need to upgrade your ships locker to get better weapons for your dudes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How much difference does the weapons locker make? I prioritised upgrading it first and it seemed to make fights a lot easier, but i never crunched the numbers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sylphosaurus posted:

Yeah, one of my first upgrades is usually a 2nd or 3rd level weapons locker, which has saved my rear end several times over.

this, and 'don't just blindly follow the main quest because everyone will hate you and you'll end up stranded in the middle of nowhere' are the two main 'before i play' tips, I reckon.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 1, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Squiggle posted:

If you follow the Blood Feud plotline, everyone winds up pissed at you. But I thought that the Arbiter's storyline is MUCH easier on your relations and seems to be the safer plot thread to follow? I haven't run through it in ages, so maybe something is different than I remember.

Oh good point. Yeah, it's more just be aware of your reputation and manage it carefully, you can do jobs for different clans and keep them neutral to you. It's not too hard, just don't charge ahead blindly.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fruits of the sea posted:

Nice, thanks. I've just been running some missions and doing planet exploration and trading on the side for a bit.

Is there a search function for planets? I would love to be able to find a location by its name as well as search for the nearest planet types (industrial, luxury etc).

i think so, yeah

the main quest also tanks your rep with a bunch of factions, which generally leads to you running out of fuel because noone will let you dock - you need to manage your rep quite carefully.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The enemy has allies is the trouble, and you get a lot of slopover

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Also that if you follow the breadcrumb quest exclusively you will eventually die, penniless and a long way from home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's a very dark souls learn by doing aspect and is kind of cool, but yeah. The big thing for me was not being able to buy fuel.