Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I keep getting illegal goods that will sell well on population planets, but I have no smuggler contacts on pop planets. What am I supposed to do about that?

For alien artifacts I just occasionally make a bus run to that one independent station that buys them but then that craters the market for them. Basically there's this whole black market mechanic and I can't figure out how to make it useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Speaking of something that feels impossible: the jyeta mission crew combats. I can beat them with little risk of losing a guy in crew combat as part of space battles consistently, but when it comes to the jyeta guys on spore hunting exploration missions, it's party wipe every time. They all have around 20 or higher initiative, and each of their attacks debuffs + poisons + repositions. So by the time I've got my first action, my party is at half health, half morale, poisoned, shuffled, and I'm lucky if I haven't lost anyone yet. I have a tier 6 weapon locker which is the highest I can find, and my dudes are close to 30 level. Not clear how this is supposed to be possible.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah getting commamder/zealot/mil officer crew is extremely powerful. I make sure all my officers have one of those and have 4 of those on my crew and right now, barely anything can hit me.

The most powerful ship combat strat appears to be copious middle management.