Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

This game is great. Just wish enemy ships were willing to surrender instead of die every time, and boarding parties could continue fighting to force a fight on the bridge and take out the command staff. Otherwise, it's pretty much everything that I'd want.

Responding to your post in the steam thread - I've been following the same main quest, but I did the opposite course - instead of screwing up the princess and ruining her influence, I faffed off to do some exploration, and by the time I got back the legal battle was all over...and assassins have been sent for poor Val. So I've accepted the mission to take her on as a crew and help hide her for a while, and it's been neat? Like, the game had so many courses for that main quest to go - and it's well-written, I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Genuinely, it's the Deus Ex Liberty Island approach. Every potential discrete failure and victory state appears to have been considered, and there's something for all of it. Because I've been agitating so much in the course of proving Val's innocence and averting a War of Assassins, I've instead triggered an all out war.

:allears:

I love this game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Conskill posted:

It's an odd mixture of simple and incredibly costly. Getting into a fight, especially in space, has been a losing prospects in every case I've played, even when I've dominated the fight.

I'm not sure this is bad, but it very much influences the feel of the game.

Explorer start here, and while my ship is ehhh at combat, it excels at getting in close to other ships to put my crew onboard where I can kill everyone. The loot I obtain and ransoms make the combats worthwhile!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Then your engines get OHKO. There is no way to mitigate it or buy a module to buff it. Then the character you've been playing dies because the crew just gives up because ???? Not having engines incites mass suicide / mutiny.

You sound like the kind of captain who cares more about getting their way than keeping their crew alive.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

My heart leaps into my throat whenever I accidentally fight xenos while exploring, because it's so likely I'm going to die. :ohdear:

If this game is anything, it's good at making the aliens feel like actual threats.