Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Anyone have suggestions for new player starts?

I created a template with the intention of going Smuggler/Merchant/X.

A. Attributes
B. Skills
C. Ship (Galtak Freighter?)
D. Contacts (Merchant, Smuggler)
E. Experience (Smuggler)

16 Strength, 30 Charisma
22 Quickness, 22 Wisdom
26 Fortitude, 20 Resilience

3 Rifles, 2 Evasion
10 Negotiate

Feel like it's a solid start, especially if I manually assign crew talents so I can pick up all the auto pass check skills. Any comments on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

habituallyred posted:

I would have more quickness if you plan to fight in crew combat. Even if you go the sniper rifle route.

I havent played enough to really get into crew combat. The rifle could be swapped for any other weapon. Stats still need to be adjusted?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Does this game have a win condition or a timer or anything?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

All quests are on timers, the storyline quests included. That said, you don't lose the game or anything if you time out any of them, even the story ones; in the former case, you might lose some faction rep IIRC, as well as any associated rewards. In the latter case, the timers are fairly generous, and are mostly there to simulate an ever-changing universe- you won't lose out on anything but quest rewards if you decide to go off and become a space pirate or something.

EDIT: As for win conditions, it's still in EA, so those might be a while yet.

I'm just wondering how to approach the game is all, if I need to be super time efficient and min max all my poo poo, or if I can just kind of chill and let things play out.