Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the basic function of a family is mutual dependence & respect, not exploitation. well, ideally anyway. even when rearing children, you're doing it because you want to do it, ie satisfying a need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

they're good because their self-identification further entrenches the fact that they won't reproduce, op

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This is extremely close to some sort of Randian "altruism is actually selfish" bullshit.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

rudatron posted:

"people who subordinate their own needs for the sake of others" is the definition of a doormat. you have to respect other people, but you also have to respect yourself. treat yourself and others fairly, is the best way to go.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Subordinating your own needs for the sake of others is the basic function of a family.

Or society. You don't have to act like a victim if you are comfortable with your choices. Acting with morality and integrity (which sometimes require sacrifice) are cool and good.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
actually the best way to have sex is to be hot

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is extremely close to some sort of Randian "altruism is actually selfish" bullshit.
no it's not? people are repulsed by others they perceive as lacking a backbone, who are too deferring. that's just a fact.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

no it's not? people are repulsed by others they perceive as lacking a backbone, who are too deferring. that's just a fact.

Your posting itt is pretty repulsive.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

rudatron posted:

Why do you read, "be good" as "be pussy"?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The Chad anime avatar

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

AxGrap posted:

Why do you read, "be good" as "be pussy"?
I don't? 'Goodness' can't be separated from 'Fairness'. An unfair system cannot be good, and asking others to 'subordinate their needs for the sake of others', is not the same thing as asking them to be good, and it's not the same thing as asking them to treat others fairly. Point in case: exploitation involves subordinating you needs for the benefit of someone else.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Your posting itt is pretty repulsive.
you're massively overreacting.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Meatloaf: "🎶I will do any-thing for sex, but I won't door-mat🎶."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

General Dog posted:

A lot of these guys' proposed answer is government-provided hookers. Doesn't sound capitalist to me. Government bread isn't enough for these losers, they gotta have government poontang too.

Their answer is Joi from Blade Runner, except everyone tells them how cool they are for having a hologirlfriend and actual women commit mass suicide.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

rudatron posted:

I don't? 'Goodness' can't be separated from 'Fairness'. An unfair system cannot be good, and asking others to 'subordinate their needs for the sake of others', is not the same thing as asking them to be good, and it's not the same thing as asking them to treat others fairly. Point in case: exploitation involves subordinating you needs for the benefit of someone else.

you're massively overreacting.

You talked yourself into such a dumb circle. Hey bud, a lot of poo poo is not fair but people still are good inside of those systems. Also, the fact that you can so easily conflate exploitation with cool and good sacrifice makes me think you are only arguing for your own shallow and immediate interest and with no other agenda.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I have separated them: a sacrifice isn't 'unfair'. the one who is conflating them is yourself. you and pener are trying to do some stupid rear end gotcha, and it's falling on face.

'not being a doormat' is pretty relevant when we're talking about dating, dude, and saying point black 'subordinate your needs to others', without qualification, is being grossly irresponsible, because if people follow that advice, they will open themselves up to being exploited.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

rudatron posted:

"people who subordinate their own needs for the sake of others" is the definition of a doormat. you have to respect other people, but you also have to respect yourself. treat yourself and others fairly, is the best way to go.

i'm hungry and need to eat food. since my needs are more important than the needs of everyone else, i'm going to punch that kid and take his candy so i can eat it. if i restrained my need for candy in order to let the child enjoy their food, that would just make me a doormat, so it can't be helped. i'm just being a rational actotoiajtjiosdfja

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
do you understand what 'subordinate' means? do you understand what 'fairness' means? do you believe punching babies is 'fair'? do you have a brain tumor? these are questions you need to ask yourself, since you're clearly for not following what is being said.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm hungry and need to eat food. since my needs are more important than the needs of everyone else, i'm going to punch that kid and take his candy so i can eat it. if i restrained my need for candy in order to let the child enjoy their food, that would just make me a doormat, so it can't be helped. i'm just being a rational actotoiajtjiosdfja

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

do you understand what 'subordinate' means? do you understand what 'fairness' means? do you believe punching babies is 'fair'? do you have a brain tumor? these are questions you need to ask yourself, since you're clearly for not following what is being said.

Why don't you look it up yourself, buddy.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the real world involves a constant negotiation between your own needs, and the needs of those around you. to 'subordinate' your needs to others, is to disregard their value, in the face of any of anyone else's needs.

this will be reflected, in the behaviors and actions of those around you, who will begin to treat you like poo poo, both because you treat yourself like poo poo, and because they can get away with it.

mature morality involves a balance between your own needs, and everyone else needs - that is, you're not subordinating one, to the other, you're judging them on their own merits. This is called, 'fairness'.

the fact that this is apparently a controversial idea, is I think proof of the, should I say, immaturity and gullibility, of yourself & others here, who I suspect are only trying this stupid 'gotcha', because they're holding some stupid forums grudge against myself, and simply opportunistically seeking a chance 'dunk' on me. Ironically, they've only made themselves look stupid.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

rudatron posted:

the fact that this is apparently a controversial idea, is I think proof of the, should I say, immaturity and gullibility, of yourself & others here, who I suspect are only trying this stupid 'gotcha', because they're holding some stupid forums grudge against myself, and simply opportunistically seeking a chance 'dunk' on me. Ironically, they've only made themselves look stupid.

:eyepop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Nobody needs to gently caress though. I mean, societally somebody needs to gently caress, but it's not a need on an individual basis.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Incels are actually bad Thread is Actually Bad

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

General Dog posted:

Nobody needs to gently caress though. I mean, societally somebody needs to gently caress, but it's not a need on an individual basis.

Speak for your loving self.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
people still go to bars to fidn dates? especially a 26 year old? even the most average person has a phone they can use to set up dates whenever they feel like it. not that it guarentees success any more than the other method but it's better than waiting for one to stumble on to someone through happenstance

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

Speak for your loving self.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Relin posted:

people still go to bars to fidn dates? especially a 26 year old? even the most average person has a phone they can use to set up dates whenever they feel like it. not that it guarentees success any more than the other method but it's better than waiting for one to stumble on to someone through happenstance

Swipe right until hook-ups fall out of your phone.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

rudatron posted:

the real world involves a constant negotiation between your own needs, and the needs of those around you. to 'subordinate' your needs to others, is to disregard their value, in the face of any of anyone else's needs.

this will be reflected, in the behaviors and actions of those around you, who will begin to treat you like poo poo, both because you treat yourself like poo poo, and because they can get away with it.

mature morality involves a balance between your own needs, and everyone else needs - that is, you're not subordinating one, to the other, you're judging them on their own merits. This is called, 'fairness'.

lol

if you're that mad that we can't handle your raw truths, i think i know another venue that would welcome this kind of posting

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

wizard on a water slide posted:

you know who gets laid, aside from confident people and rich people? people who subordinate their own needs for the sake of others, genuinely listen when they talk, do nice things for them without expectation of reward, etc

rudatron posted:

Fyi being a doormat is not sexy.

rudatron posted:

I have separated them: a sacrifice isn't 'unfair'. the one who is conflating them is yourself. you and pener are trying to do some stupid rear end gotcha, and it's falling on face.

'not being a doormat' is pretty relevant when we're talking about dating, dude, and saying point black 'subordinate your needs to others', without qualification, is being grossly irresponsible, because if people follow that advice, they will open themselves up to being exploited.

You saw one thing, made it another and then defended your second (still stupid) point instead of addressing how treating women like humans and not a adversary who has some resource you desire is good.

nice meltdown btw.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
you seem to forget that you can also gain "balance" through subordination itself. through the joy you gain by sacrificing your needs for the sake of another, for instance.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, there's a reason farmers castrate male livestock that they don't intend to breed. Male mammals have evolved to be pretty violent, especially when there are females in heat in their vicinity.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Castration sounds like a good solution for incels.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bob Barker here, reminding you all to get your fail children spayed & neutered.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

weren't you the guy who made a moral dilemma thread then got mad that people wouldn't solve it the way you wanted them to

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also, incels are bad

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ace of Baes posted:

what if cell from dragon Ball z was so angry because he was an incel

1st form: incel
2nd form: sexhaver
3rd form: volcel

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Anyway rudatron, as always, is right

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Anyway rudatron, as always, is right

No, Jeb!, no!

*whaps you with a newspaper* Bad Jeb!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:gonk:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

swimsuit posted:

actually the best way to have sex is to be hot

intriguing. never thought of that one, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

But you Communists would introduce community of women, screams the whole bourgeoisie in chorus.

The bourgeois sees in his wife a mere instrument of production. He hears that the instruments of production are to be exploited in common, and, naturally, can come to no other conclusion, than that the lot of being common to all will likewise fall to the women.

He has not even a suspicion that the real point aimed at is to do away with the status of women as mere instruments of production.

• Locked thread