Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

sleeptalker posted:

Marxism understands that capitalists alienate and commodify any element of society that they can profit from. Incels are responding accordingly and demanding that the market provide the commodity of the female form which has been so regularly advertised to them. Capitalism as it exists has failed its promise to provide for them, and rather than question the capitalist organization of society, they are seeking more extreme capitalism.

A lot of these guys' proposed answer is government-provided hookers. Doesn't sound capitalist to me. Government bread isn't enough for these losers, they gotta have government poontang too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nobody needs to gently caress though. I mean, societally somebody needs to gently caress, but it's not a need on an individual basis.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm kind of lost in the weeds with where this thread has gone, but as far as I can tell most of the disagreement stems from the inability to deliniate "being a good person/productive member of society" from "being a pushover/people-pleaser/bitch". Regardless of where you draw the line between the two, I think we can agree that the former is a net positive, at least mildly helpful when it comes to finding a mate, and rewarding in its own right; while the latter can absolutely be a turn-off and a liability.

• Locked thread