Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vinylshadow posted:

Bounty Hunter Pursuit, Detective Obi-Wan, the Arena, and Dooku are the parts I revisit from AotC

The Podrace and Duel of the Fates from TPM

Anakin vs Obi-Wan from RotS

So, in theory, that makes AotC the best out of the three since there's more segments to rewatch, yes?

I only like the obi wan vs Jango scene and the slave 1 bomb

I rewatch all palpy scenes and fight scenes in rots way more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Attack of the Clones is far and away the best title in the entire Star Wars franchise. The Phantom Menace is pretty rad, too, though I think The Empire Strikes Back takes second place. Can't believe people hated the at the time.

I remember people here being pretty let down when Revenge of the Sith was announced, if only because it was the obvious choice.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Star Wars Episode III: Shivved by Sheev

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

2house2fly posted:

Still love the ending of Attack Of The Clones, a big sad ominous comedown from the exciting climactic battle. Watching legions of stormtroopers loaded onto star destroyers as the Imperial march plays is chef's kiss. It's also got the most fun title, I love that attacking with clones turns out to be what the heroes do

I know right? Even as a kid it has me all "...hey wait a minute" and that's the idea.

Hard to find any media that drips with dramatic irony like the Star Wars prequels. I've been saying how Chalamet in Dune 2 gives me Prequel Anakin vibes, and that's probably on purpose.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Bounty Hunter Pursuit, Detective Obi-Wan, the Arena, and Dooku are the parts I revisit from AotC

The Podrace and Duel of the Fates from TPM

Anakin vs Obi-Wan from RotS

So, in theory, that makes AotC the best out of the three since there's more segments to rewatch, yes?

The "machete edit" (supposedly similar to Topher Grace's) annoys me with the weird aggressive cuts it makes a lot of the time. Like it starts off with the reveal of Maul at the start of the duel of the fates, but then fast forwards to Qui-gon getting got near the end. It skips most of the duel of the fates, and pretends the pod race never even happened.

I get that's mostly the point, the edit is made for people who hate the prequels entirely, and only serves to show the bare minimum of their story plot points to serve the overall narrative of the (machete order) original trilogy.

But it does make me vaguely think about editing my own prequels supercut that doesn't actually cut out that much and ends up being 4-5 hours long still. :shepface:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Glottis posted:

His cadence isn't 100% but I don't really get the current obsession with making everything exactly the same. JEJ is old as gently caress, AI always sounds hosed with, just recast it and the character can sound slightly different. It's not like we're going to be confused about who it is.

Or, and I know this is a wild idea but hear me out, don't put Vader in your poo poo anymore. The guy died sixty years ago, had his origin explained twenty years ago, constantly shows up whenever things need to be extra-Star Warsy and it just gets pretty silly.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Make a new guy, maybe!

...we might need a third option!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Blood Boils posted:

the chemistry between Han & Leia is incredibly forced. Which is ironic considering Harrison & Carrie were hooking up irl (tho maybe not atm, I didn't check).

They definitely did rear end to mouth. I checked.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Very happy to see AOTC love. It really is amazing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

josh04 posted:

Make a new guy, maybe!

...we might need a third option!

But Third Sister is in that picture???

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Grendels Dad posted:

Or, and I know this is a wild idea but hear me out, don't put Vader in your poo poo anymore. The guy died sixty years ago, had his origin explained twenty years ago, constantly shows up whenever things need to be extra-Star Warsy and it just gets pretty silly.

Hey! As someone who was born the year ROTJ came out, the guy died 41 years ago. Don't tack 19 years onto my age.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jehde posted:

The "machete edit" (supposedly similar to Topher Grace's) annoys me with the weird aggressive cuts it makes a lot of the time. Like it starts off with the reveal of Maul at the start of the duel of the fates, but then fast forwards to Qui-gon getting got near the end. It skips most of the duel of the fates, and pretends the pod race never even happened.

I get that's mostly the point, the edit is made for people who hate the prequels entirely, and only serves to show the bare minimum of their story plot points to serve the overall narrative of the (machete order) original trilogy.

But it does make me vaguely think about editing my own prequels supercut that doesn't actually cut out that much and ends up being 4-5 hours long still. :shepface:

Any good prequel fan cut should be at least half Clone Wars content.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d rather watch the romance scenes in attack of the clones than that

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My machete order is to skip the OT. They don't really affect the plot much, the characters fail to defeat the bad guys or build a viable new republic based on the sequels. Just go to TFA from RotS.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

My machete order is to skip the OT. They don't really affect the plot much, the characters fail to defeat the bad guys or build a viable new republic based on the sequels. Just go to TFA from RotS.

This is brutally inaccurate. You need RotJ to explain where the Death Star wreckage in RoS comes from.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Grendels Dad posted:

This is brutally inaccurate. You need RotJ to explain where the Death Star wreckage in RoS comes from.

Correct, Episode 9 should be excluded. You also don't need the prequels at all, when you have the recap montage at the start of Obi Show. So:

-Obiwan TV Show
-Solo: A Star Wars Story
-Episode 7
-Episode 8
-Upcoming Rey Standalone Movie

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
*shudders*

Edit: it's really funny to think back to the sale in 2012 and realize now that Lucas was loving with the fans yet again

Respect to the master

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 21, 2024

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

But what about the Ewok movies

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Episode 4 cut restoring the Duck Dodgers cartoon to the beginning, Prequel cut which includes scenes from Next Generation/DS9/Voyager where they're doing some knockoff crap about rebels in an alien bar.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBA1wii70o

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXOZeEoeuT0

Also, TruMoo will be releasing Blue Milk on April 17th

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don’t care until I get my sea cow titty milk

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Correct, Episode 9 should be excluded. You also don't need the prequels at all, when you have the recap montage at the start of Obi Show. So:

-Obiwan TV Show
-Episode 7
-Episode 8

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Grendels Dad posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

In fairness, a Deathstar is mentioned in Episode 7.

So, we do have justification to include Episodes 6 and 9 (nice), to create an extended version of this genuinely terrible series.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Ultra Carp

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

-Obiwan TV Show
-Episode 7
-Episode 8

This should be the OP of a new thread

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Grendels Dad posted:

Completely untrue. The Death Star in RotJ was completely vaporized before or very eyes, we have photographic evidence.
Exhibit A:

The wreckage from RoS obviously comes from some other source, possibly the Death Star destroyed in the original 1987's Star Tours

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Not really, it's just wreckage of a large space vehicle. All you need to know for the sequel trilogy is that there is debris from the many wars and that Darth Vader died after briefly turning to the light. TFA shows you the first early on and Kylo tells you the second. There is no reason to watch the OT films.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
People argue that Attack of the Clones should be included too but to encompass the elitism and arrogance of the Jedi getting suckered so badly into purchasing a clone army that attacks people whose only crime is not wanting to be part of the Republic, all you really need is the "Who da man? YODA man!" commercial from when Attack of the Clones came out on home video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6d1dR2170o

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got that dvd bc of that trailer despite thinking the movie stank.

Those special features were good to my 11 year old brain

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I got that dvd bc of that trailer despite thinking the movie stank.

Those special features were good to my 11 year old brain

Still good now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love it when Dooku tells Obibwan exactly what is happening

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neo Rasa posted:

Still good now.

Im sure but I don’t have them any more lol

The tpm doc was great as a kid too. And I’ve rewatched it a few times. A really good look into filmmaking

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I loved the "Making Magic" behind the scenes CD that came with my box set of Dark Forces, Rebel Assault, Xwing vs TIE fighter, and demo disc of Jedi Knight. It was about the 1997 special edition changes, so it coloured my outlook on those a fair bit. At the time I thought the new CGI was cool.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Jehde posted:

I loved the "Making Magic" behind the scenes CD that came with my box set of Dark Forces, Rebel Assault, Xwing vs TIE fighter, and demo disc of Jedi Knight. It was about the 1997 special edition changes, so it coloured my outlook on those a fair bit. At the time I thought the new CGI was cool.

Young me was fine with the changes until Jedi Rocks.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Jehde posted:

The full 2-disc version of that was really cool too. Disc One was basically a proto Wookieepedia, and Disc 2 was a scene-by-scene breakdown of each movie, and was the first place A New Hope's deleted scenes were ever made available.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

I love it when Dooku tells Obibwan exactly what is happening

I still think about that lmao imagine how different the galaxy would be if Obi-Wan spoke to Dooku in that scene for more than like five seconds.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1771579638545883631

Hippity hoppity, your likeness is now Disney's digital ghoul property

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
But he has such a big role to fill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013