Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The obi movie should just be a remake of Secret Honor in his sand hut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Basically. He's running from Imperials. The only way out is to head into an Imperial Recruitment Center, so he figures he'll sign up to get away. Recruiter asks him what his name is. He says just "Han". Imperial guy says something like, "What is your last name? Who are you with?" Han says something like (sorry, this guy sucks at describing things) "I'm alone." So his name is put in as "Han Solo".

Haha if this is true that means that decades later, the leader of the quasi-continuation of the Empire is named after a clerical error

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

reminds me of Homer Simpson, Smiling Politely

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ingmar terdman posted:

Haha if this is true that means that decades later, the leader of the quasi-continuation of the Empire is named after a clerical error

reviews are confirming the solo name thing now, yikes. Ben Solo For Such a Long Long Time

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Cross-Section posted:

stop

maul time

dont post small maul

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Another likely reason for the Vader-Stormie-Yoda set is that they wanted a uniform set of three photographs, and they are all masks that can be pulled out of the closet or remade (or rendered these days) to be photographed for stylistic uniformity.

(and if you dont like the Yoda one you'll have to take that up with John C Reilly in Step Brothers)

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Maul was very different when he came out. I remember when the star wars fan magazine came in the mail and it the cover was his face. In some way he was kind of a teaser for how much the prequels leaned into unique and crazy designs for characters. In the originals all the villains were old white guys. Jabba I guess.

I'm always surprised when people think Maul should have been kept through the PT though. He was so unappealing, I think somewhat by design. Even when I was a kid I thought it was weird that he was just kind of Sheev's dumb attack dog, and despite all the years of establishing him as a spooky 3D chess crime master, it's still hard for me to square with how he's presented in TPM. Just kind of a blunt instrument. As far as all the bad and good warrior-monks in these movies go he always seemed all warrior no monk. eh

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

ok just checked to make sure this was the spoiler thread before posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1hLltaDbg

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I always liked the nerd headcanon idea of having Dooku be a Jedi in I, and having Maul and Grievous be the same person. The prequels suffer from not having consistent villains. You've got Sheev but the good guys don't know about him so he feels different from a proper villain like Vader.

Never heard this but I could get into it. Dooku is a Windu-like naysayer of Anakin on the council, and then in the next one he's secretly doing clone stuff and then you have his turn revealed. And then you can still have Maul come back in a robot suit and have an Obi rematch. Kinda not awful

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Why not put grandma makeup on Billie Lourde

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Have there been any tedious, alarmist thinkpieces about how Toys R Us going under impacts Star Wars merchandise? :v:

Not quite what you are asking for but there are writeups about how kids are less into toys and more into swipin on the ipad and how toys r us folding is a reflection of that

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Plagueis/Snoke thing is a weird complaint because if you really need and want Snoke to be Plagueis there's nothing in there to say he isn't. It just doesn't matter at all to the story

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It's been six weeks since I left Jakku and that can only mean one thing. Bring it in guys!

*every dead Jedi and protagonist from every episode and anthology film float in for a huge party*

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It should be fairly simple to reup the Rogue Tarkin technology to put Mark's VIII face over Mark's IX face. But the issue that ghost Hayden raises is whether to do his hermit face, his projection face, or a younger one. Poor guy might have to close out his character in that ol white karate gi

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Do I recall correctly that the bathroom was called the 'fresher short for refresher

one place to poo poo on the falcon

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

I was a dumb idiot child and called him Jay-seen. That at least sounds a little bit more starwarsy

I knew a kid who insisted it was Jake'n. And honestly since then there are probably a lot of Jaykynn's running around

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

TFA+TLJ all feel like a super-extended setup for the rest of the trilogy, too bad that the table has been cleared for something new we are bringing back JJ and Billy Dee

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

sorry for posting star wars spoilers in the star wars spoilers thread

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/a-first-glimpse-of-the-millennium-falcon-from-black-park-star-wars-episode-ix-set-gallery/

can't wait to go back to the forest moon of endor to destroy the death star 4

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Like the server dude didn't understand him properly when he said 'It's gareth' and wrote scarif on his cup? But I dunno for sure.

Name?

Itsgareth

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They were saying Leia was going to meet with a Hutt council in TFA since like 2014. More likely they were working on Jabbas for Solo 2 and now they are all buried in the desert in the ET video game hole

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I remember rescuing him from Corellian Congress or whatever when he defected to the rebels in Rogue Squadron 64

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I say let George make his midichlorian osmosis jones movie as a standalone. Scrape up some cash for the old man

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I hope Episode IX closes with C3PO, the last Skywalker, getting out of the Falcon after a long star war and then the Falcon falls apart like the Bluesmobile

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That parody crawl someone made when JJ stepped into IX about "Kylo changed his mind and thinks his mask is cool. Meanwhile, RoboSnoke..." is going to come true

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

IXistenZ

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Its plumbing from a star destroyer. We're making clones from Sheev turds yall

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

hell yeh

https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/1079974773805834240

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Heres an episode 9 spoiler:

JJ Abrams

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Maybe it'll make more sense on screen as opposed to the written page but these script leaks of Kylo lurking in corners of Starkiller II yelling "just try and jack me off" seem a little tonally off

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Episode IX
Skywalkers in Flight
Sabers Made of Light

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

*EU Chewbacca was killed because they wanted to make a big splash and he never did much in the books because no one wants to read "rhrhrh" a bunch

*Film Chewbacca is a costume that a tall person can be coached to walk in the right way and a library of sound effects. He will never die

*Choobakka is gay, they say

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lando shows up in the last scene to bill the New New Republic for stealing his ship in TLJ (and to court them for new war machine contracts)

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

that last guy is the worm from labyrinth

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

spoilers: beige costumes & sand

https://twitter.com/jjabrams/status/1096496364576493568

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Slutitution posted:

We need jivjov to explain whether this is Jakku or Tatooine.

Rey is looking at Jakku and the guys are looking at Tatooine obviously

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lolling at JJ buying pizza for the people in line to see the teaser like he did for TFA but having to throw most of it away

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

congrats to SMG on his cameo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hope Against Hope this is the last one