Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im excited to announce my partnership to produce a new trilogy focusing solely around Jedi Farming enclaves during the 660s Republic Era.

But seriously give me that obiwan film, Disney. Dont just tease me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Obiwan movie should be a remake of Driver

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Food Boner posted:

obi wan should be like that robert redford movie where hes on a boat and dies at the end

except space or something I dunno

Not the same robert redford movie with a symbolic boat where he dies at the end but Id watch a Great Jedisby film.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good loving lord why is Solo not an ok name? Lando Calrissian is fine, but loving Solo isnt?

Darth Maul comeback is just bizarre. Like Im not even sure why that came up as an initial concept

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nurabsal posted:

This historical documentary should help explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

I get that, but did they have that many unsold Darth Maul figurines they could repackage? A new character is more bucks!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disney, please commission an 8 part series by Ken Burns on the history of Jizz music

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sassassin posted:

I can't imagine any version of Obi-Wan passing up the chance to shittalk someone directly to their face.

I'm gonna be more powerful than you can ever imagine, punk.

Seriously, Obi-wan likes a good scrap, a good drink, and a good boast. He probably is only into celibacy because he thinks hed lose his edge otherwise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please, good people, the EU is dead and in its place is a different pile of lovely, tedious, background filling stories except they now are considered as cannon as the films.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't think there is an official canon reason so as to let it be either one, but getting all hosed up sure as hell helps sell the whole "The Jedi just attempted a Coup, we have to kill them off" which is also what literally happened.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

To be fair, a very significant portion of the fan base knew he survived from the official tv shows. But still, why the gently caress is he in this film?

The story group is trash and crashed headlong into the issues that plagued the EU and every other IPs expanded universe concept.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe the story group is mostly comprised of the people who were in charge of continuity etc. for the EU, so it shouldn't be surprising.

Yes, also they must be reverant without understanding what that means beyond doing the equivalent of fracking for nostalgia

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

Kylo Ren is easily EASILY the best thing about the new trilogy

And Brutus is an honorable man.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This will all be worth it to cut to George Lucas pulling a black robe hood over his head cackling that all is as he foresaw it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

It would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall at Lucasfilm right now.

If it gets the whole story team executed by Disney Troopers itll be worth it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Solo was the last best chance to have a star war without lightsabers right

Boba Fett could go without. As would my as of yet unoptioned podracing film Redline 70000

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A haunting, academy award winning motion picture about the life of a guy who has to paint the star destroyers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Erotic Wakes posted:

We'll have a Star Wars movie without lightsabers at the same time we have a James Bond movie without espionage.

But thats basically every bond film except From Russia with Love

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just take classics from the 40s and 50s and make them in Star Wars. Give me on the waterfront about a droid, thr maltese falcon about a holocron, buck rodgers about han solo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ill admit Im a purist and believe the film never needed to be remade but gently caress it slap some Star Wars on Casablanca

Barudak
May 7, 2007

An otherwise middling picture that wins an academy award for best actor thanks to meryl streep voicing the assassin droid pressed into household servitude wearing a restraining device.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A “What If” line of parralel 7-8-9 films directed by George Lucas

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

It's better than midichlorians.

Its tremendously worse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Episode IX rumour: Abrams might be bringing Snoke back in some fashion.

I love the story team

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If those rumors are true I'm gonna be genuinely impressed at how Disney completely imploded a cultural touchstone so goddamn fast.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

Said cultural touchstone already imploded 20 years ago, so they'd be imploding the implosion

The prequels wounded it but it held on. This is taking it out back and double-tapping it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

Rey you are my father is still the best

Agreed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bring back George Lucas

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rumor is theyre killing the Star Wars Stories films so congrats, Disney. May your acquisition of Fox be as smooth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kill the entire division, cancel episode 9, start again in a decade.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disney, please hire George Lucas to oversee the fanchise. If only because I want his arguements with JJ.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

i would watch the poo poo out of a Matthew McConaughey Dash Rendar movie

esp if his costume is his Magic Mike outfit with huge shoulderpads.

This feels weid to type but honestly hes too good for Star Wars

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SMERSH Mouth posted:

It would have been cool if...

Im TLJ Snoke ended up just being a sith hologram/holocron from long ago. He could still use the force but was bound to the holocron. For the throne room scene he would have possessed a host (probably some kind of intimidating trooper in full-faced helmet and armor) and battled Kylo & Rey. Maybe the holocron gets destroyed in the end. This would have wrapped up Snoke neatly, added to the world building (we see the dark-side version of Yoda & Obi-Wan-style force ghosts) and set up a juxtaposition of Snoke's cruel possession vs Luke's heroic projection.

That sounds risky. Better to have him be a random, unexplained force user with no motivation except evil and quickly kill him off to keep the plot feeling like its moving even though its completely stalled

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Early leak/sneak stuff suggests endor is in this one, right? So I'm going to take a wild guess they lure kyle into a trap there, or there is some macguffin piece of the death star that crashed there that they need to get, or etc.

If Endor is in the final location of the new trilogy were beyond creatively bankrupt and well into creative lost decade

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its a pastiche of The Rifleman Im in. If its about boba fett gently caress off

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arc Light posted:

Just straight up making a Star Wars western, with shootouts at high noon and not a lightsaber in sight, would own.

Agreed. Sadly we will get none of that and instead probably get light-saber wielding Boba Fett who is actually the father of Oscar Isaac. Not his character, the actor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

His name is Toby

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Fortnite toys came out recently and they look cooler than the Star Wars toys

Fortnite is a better handled narrative than Star Wars right now so checks out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Does not check out I am afraid.

People care about fortnite as an intellectual property which applies to the toys, while Star Wars has no such care

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The "peace" of the republic involves overlooking some intergalactic warfare and slavery. It also must historically have been doing that too, because nobody treats it as unusual tht this is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Regardless if every line of dialog, every shot, every set design piece exists as pure accident the sum total of the film is read cleanly this way. If it is chance, that chance outcome still ended up saying this and it being chance doesnt say it any less.