Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Barudak posted:

Obiwan movie should be a remake of Driver

It should be The Italian Job in Space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You cannot be loving serious about this Darth Maul poo poo and "Solo" not being his name. Good god Thursday is going to be fun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not 100% sure how the timeline works yet, but this movie may break jivjov's heart.

Good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ginette Reno posted:

Endor could be better but the whole Vader/Emperor/Luke supblot and the Space battle are really well done.

The Emperor stuff in ROTJ is REALLY good, but the Endor stuff brings the whole film down and stops it from being perfect.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

kidkissinger posted:

I also feel like the movie suffers from making sure every character has something to do at all times.

Except Han, who gets rescued and opens a door on Endor and absolutely nothing else.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is making GBS threads on RLM still the cool SA thing to do for some reason?

Yup, it's popular so goons gotta hate. Don't even tell me that your opinions are in line with them because you're just parroting whatever they say!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Neo Rasa posted:

It fuckin' owned and I stayed out of this thread til I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was great just because there was 100% no way in hell I was going to expect that.

Real talk, the problem is the scene gets ruined when Maul has to grab a lightsaber, turn it on and pose with it. I was expecting the dude to do a flip at the end of the projection just to make sure we all know who it was.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mike N Eich posted:

to this day i'll defend the way Darth Maul looks. he does look heckin' cool

that first Phantom Menace movie trailer owned bones. Everything was new and fresh and you didn't know what the gently caress anything was and then bam, this dude comes out looking like the motherfucking devil and he's got a DOUBLE SIDED LIGHTSABER? holy fuckin moly i'm pumped for this movie.

and then the movie comes out and it has no less than three (3) racist stereotypes running around, darth maul is a dumb chump, movie sucks.

Yeah, if there's anything good about the TPM is the look of Darth Maul, not his character and the Podraces (since it spawned the world's greatest racing game), Darth Maul looks cool as all loving poo poo, better than Kylo Ren that's for drat sure.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

clown shoes posted:

Does Darth Maul even speak in The Phantom Menace? I remember there was a scene of him speaking in the original trailer but then it was cut from the film.

I think he speaks twice in the whole film.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Timby posted:

Nah, Maul's the same as Boba Fett: He's a plot device with a few lines of dialogue, but because he looks cool, he has this mystique around him.

That's a good analogy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dave Syndrome posted:

So far we have no NuCanon source claiming Fett survived the Sarlacc, do we?
Even in the Aftermath books, where we see some guy on Tatooine buying a set of battle (and stomach acid) damaged Mandalorian armor, it never mentions Fett's fate explicitly.
My bet is his survival will either be revealed in the Fett movie or the media leading up to it. Depending how close after ROTJ the Resistance TV show is set, we might even see him in there.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they'll revive his rear end from the dead.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Szmitten posted:

The most interesting suggestion I heard about a Boba Fett movie was to actually have other characters be the protagonists, but they're being hunted by Fett. So you have this Terminator/Predator-esque chase movie instead of actually giving him character and robbing the mystique.

Remaking either of those films verbatim with a Star Wars coat of paint would be better than probably anything they can come up with.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Boba Fett does suck at this job: he doesn't do any bounty hunting in ESB/ROTJ, instead he follows the Falcon and tells the Empire where they'll be and let's the Empire capture Solo for him.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Taintrunner posted:

You it just donned on me. Solo should have never had Han Solo actually in it. It should be characters sitting around a cantina telling short stories about Solo, but you only ever see him from the back, in a shilouette.

This would have been great, you could also have characters fighting over details so that the same stories have multiple takes but more outlandish poo poo happening in them every time.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

It sucks when Alien never foreshadowed the Alien Queen. It’s a huge plot hole that xenomorphs suddenly have a solid creator of the Alien eggs.

He isn't talking about across two films I think.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

thrawn527 posted:

I think the idea is that, if they're about to start filming, and he's going to be in it with a beard, it would be a bad time to shave. His beard was pretty bushy and, as an owner of a bushy beard myself, I can say they don't grown in overnight.

That comes down to genetics though, some people can grow a beard like Hamil's in no time though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vinylshadow posted:

Remember when Luke had hot chocolate in the Thrawn Trilogy and everyone lost their poo poo?

No, do explain.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vinylshadow posted:

Apparently people didn't like seeing real-world things in the Star Wars universe, hence why the writers then came up with new names for everything to sneak them in anyway

That's hilarious but more sad than anything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Really stupid considering the main character of the series has the biblical name of Luke.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bushisms.txt posted:

Why is yoda so powerful, who is he related to? Oh it doesn't matter? Just lovely fan logic that needs some elaborate explanation for why a woman is strong.

I completely forgot that Yoda was analogous to Rey by being the main character in OT and the films are about his story.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Whills, the aliens who created the Force,

Nah, now you're just making shi….

*googles*

Oh...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

They should marionette Carrie Fisher's corpse for the next film, or animate it stop motion Harryhausen style.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Baron Porkface posted:

There will be a planet sized sarlacc that fills the same narrative purpose

On planet Jatuuine.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gonz posted:

AW SON OF A BITCH

idgi

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What happened to jivjov? I don't seem him in this thread or any Nintendo thread and he was a staple of both. I miss the sad sad hilarity he'd bring.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Did he just completely gently caress off the forums though? Seems like he just stopped altogether.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DeimosRising posted:

He posted a response to throne of blood in his Japanese cinema thread recently. He has literally never seen any version or adaptation of hamlet

Who hasn't seen Last Action Hero?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Martman posted:

*starts furiously re-reading plot summary on wikipedia*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNcN5f3vwro

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Brother Entropy posted:

driver's handsome face

:lol:

This is jivjov's face when he breaks into the thread to tell us again "Well actually, Jakku isn't Tatooine, it isn't stated in the old tomes."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mameluke posted:

God rember the emotion and tension of Finn fighting that one cop

Or the long-earned thrills of Rey and Kylo chopping down all those other cops

I was struggling to stay awake.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No Mods No Masters posted:

The TLJ throne room fight would have had to hold up better under close analysis to be regarded as a classic. There are way way too many awkward red dudes milling around or swinging at nothing on the edges of the frame. As is it’s as much of a hollow fraud as the rest of the film

It's visually impressive with the really bright as red and flames going everywhere, but the choreography is terrible.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

General Dog posted:

I think part of the reason the aliens in the sequel trilogy aren't as memorable is that they're barely on screen,

How much screen time did the Twi'lek, Max Reebo or the Gamorreans really get?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Enough to make an impression through a combination of colors and silhouette?

That's what I'm saying, they basically have the same amount of screen time but their designs are a lot better and varied so they're more memorable.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AndyElusive posted:

No, audience opinion you've decided to pay attention to has been mostly negative.

So you're saying that the negativity for the movie was greater because... people decided to listen too it? Or maybe it being poo poo on everywhere was because it was just a bad film a lot of people didn't like?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Star Wars: Forced Down Your Throat.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, more fuckin' Sheev?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Make the Emperor win this time.

Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

euphronius posted:

Endor was the planet. The forest moon isn’t named.

The moon and the planet have the same name apparently, so yes, Endor is the moon as well.