Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just find it funny that someone posted an entire essay about an Aztec-looking set at Pinewood they thought was for Episode 9 reshoots but the next day they found out it was for a Marvel movie instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kanine posted:

fish titties

A designer for Star Wars Galaxies actually asked Lucasfilm if mon calamari women have breasts, to which they were told "no" because fish don't have them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember someone had to clarify that the villain in Solo was not related to a famous Jedi from The Clone Wars despite both being named Vos.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At least Plo Koon is there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

General Dog posted:

*Han Solo voice* That's not how genetics work!

Sheev was a born a female, duh.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here's my biggest problem with that information about the story, if it's actually true- what difference would it make if a resurrected Palpatine is running the galaxy instead of whoever is currently leading The First Order? They are both authoritarians.

Sheev has more pizzazz.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have to admit that I don't mind whatever batshit insane conclusion they come up with in Episode 9 as long as JJ does not contradict TLJ. That said,

Zoran posted:

Gonna lol if the series ends with Rey fixing the tortured young man who had a rape scene with her

...part of the reason I'm excited for Episode 9 is the sequel to Black Moon Rising, a barely-disguised published fanfic as featured in Jenny Nicholson's video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGm8Sj7Qn8

Speaking of Jenny, here's her Episode 9 bingo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7h7y8U4G0g

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dark Rey is actually Rey's long-lost sister and she uses a double lightsaber (and Rey uses a staff) because their father was Darth Maul. We never saw what happened to his lower body. Just as his upper body was kept alive by rage, the rest of him was sustained by the horniness suppressed by being connected to his Dark-Side-fueled heart.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I like the Warhammer 40k thing in Clone Wars where an army of genetically-engineered soldiers in space armor are led by sword-wielding religious zealots who wears armor and capes but no helmet.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sigher posted:

The new films also aren't direct sequels to the Harry Potter series.

They are in fact prequels. So far no relative of the main Harry Potter trio are in them, only sexy young Dumbledore and maybe a couple of his older teachers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Will the movie finally reveal what happened to Darth Vader's Soul Edge and Soul Calibur?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Daisy Ridley assures 'this Reylo thing' will be addressed in The Rise of Skywalker

quote:

The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker star was asked about the ambiguous relationship between her heroic rebel and Adam Driver‘s villainous First Order leader. The two are not entirely enemies. They’re certainly not friends. They don’t seem to not be attracted to each other. There’s just a lot of kind-of-hard-to-pin down tension floating around that’s led to all sorts of speculation, debates and romantic fan art.

“It does not bother me, people writing theories,” Ridley said. “It’s really fun hearing them. Plus, because I know what’s sort of going to happen, I think it’ll be really interesting to see people’s reaction to [the final film]. Obviously, there’s this whole Reylo thing and some people are very passionate about it, some aren’t.”

Ridley hinted that the seemingly romantic connection isn’t left unaddressed by director J.J. Abrams in The Rise of Skywalker.

“J.J. does deal with [it],” she added. “It’s a very complex issue. People talk about toxic relationships and whatever it is. It’s no joke and I think it’s dealt with really well because it’s not skimmed over.”

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Palpatine reveals everything in the Death Star throne room is a Death Star. What follows is every character grabbing anything not nailed down and firing death Star lasers at each other.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rando posted:

A Death Star is Born

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbG1C78k9Ak

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope at one point both Kylo taps into Vader's powers and transform into a scorpion and a wampa like in the game version of ESB.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A weapon to surpass Death Star..... is an entire fleet of them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Boxman posted:

Do we know if every member of that species named, like, Bloodhunt Murderkill or is it just their hosed up family

They have a dead brother named Feral. Their mother is just Talzim though, so maybe just the men, or her kids.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mooey Cow posted:

It's weird though that a writer would have that kind of sway over the movie. That's the kind of thing you might see JK Rowling do, but a screenwriter would typically get told to deal with it, unless they held some kind of rights to the property.

Because it's Kasdan and the one he was talking to is Kathleen Kennedy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

hes high as gently caress in every scene though

He must've been high even when conceiving, and later giving birth to, The Child.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh my God, my idea that the Empire should have multiple Star Destroyers with single reactor Death Star lasers (instead of just one big Death Star) is actually in the movie?

Also regarding the Dagger of Mortis, if it's actually the dagger in the movie it means Dave Filoni really do have more influence in the franchise and that is good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If Kylo gets thrown into a pit and is never talked about again in the movie, that just means he will be the best character in a Disney+ animated series set after Episode 9.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeOrA2in1c&t=7m2s

I completely missed that the guy who wrote Batman vs Superman and Justice League is writing the script for Rise of Skywalker. Oh man.

This is definitely going to be a no-brain popcorn movie. I hope it's mostly ship battles, those are my favorite.

If it's anything like BvS, it definitely won't be a no-brain popcorn movie. In fact, one of the main complaints about BvS is that it wasn't that kind of movie. Justice League also went under heavy rewrites by Joss Whedon.

Chris Terrio was brought in to BvS because he was the writer for Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning Argo, and I think he joined TROS at the recommendation of Zack Snyder who is Abrams' friend.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They could just retcon meaning into past words and actions.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a comic showing that before he joined the Resistance, Poe was a plumber who collected coins.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks more like Lucas conjured himself as a Force Ghost in front of JJ, asking what has he done with the franchise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

My hot take is that Episode 9 will be “the best one” by default because it’s hard to imagine it being worse than the others.

Palpatine’s back, Terrio is a wildcard who could make it actually-good, and I appreciate the ridiculousness of making the entirety of Episode 8 into an optional sidequest. Of course I will absolutely not be paying to see it.

SMG, have you considered stealing a theater worker's uniform or crawling through a theatre's air vents or something?

All these supposed spoilers is ensuring that I watch this thing on day one. Maybe even first screening. I need to know!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And at the end, they all clap and say "congratulations" to Rey.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The figure we all have been waiting for.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pretty sure a lot of what Whitta wrote disappeared with the Gilroy reshoots anyway.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lucas should have added an orgy scene to ROTJ like in Matrix Revolution.

Also they should make Poe as a vessel for Palpatine's soul. Poelpatine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think the first Assassin's Creed game used the excuse of Al-Tair being a desert guy for him dying the moment he enters water.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One of the ads for the hotel had two women excitedly snitch on Chewie, who as a result was arrested by Stormtroopers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

For all you Filoni fans out there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3F5NmWxzyH/?igsh=YWJ1NXk4cDIxdmhs

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is that what Cloud City was mining? Gas for weapon ammo? No wonder it's important.

I think Farscape had a similar idea but in that case the gas was made using the roots of a plant. So farming it became a huge industry.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Upsidads posted:

Her forehead could use less cooking oil in that cameo

Gonna edit an explanation into Wookiepedia

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ingmar terdman posted:

shoutout to Yun and all of Jerec's dark jedi. a handful of video game bosses that were a more enjoyable squad than the knights of ren

Before Orensten and Smaug there were Gorc and Pic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That's what they use to replenish their midichlorians.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

I checked the last few pages, but didn't see anyone bring up the Specialest Edition of the Star Wars OT.

https://twitter.com/heyitswindy/status/1764052027800211493

I thought this was an internet comedy sketch at first, but nope! Apparently very real. There are more examples on YouTube.

tacodaemon posted:

Posted by @owainanderson on twitter today:

https://i.imgur.com/yWN98Dn.mp4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Turns out blue milk is just a thing you can buy at Malaysian ramadan bazaars. Probably cheaper than what Disney is selling.

Goes well with blue rice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Update: if you poop after consuming blue milk, be ready for a surprise.