Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Q2zKuhtTQ

This guy gives a complete synopsis of Solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.

thrawn527 posted:

Only a few minutes in, but this guy is an idiot.

edit: Oh forget it, knowing spoilers isn't worth listening to this guy.

Oh my god, before I quit listening, I got to how Solo got his name? Are you loving kidding me?

lol..you didn't get to the best part. Droid Rebellion! (even though droids are obviously not AI in star wars and meant to be treated like cattle)

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Zoran posted:

Wow, we got to it on page one!

The John C. Calhoun of Droid Rights over here.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Okay, I kept listening after all, and everyone who said this movie would be a check list of references was right. This whole movie is made to make people point at the screen and go, "Oh! I know that!"

Let's not bury the lede here, loving Darth Maul is the evil handler behind it all!

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo. I too assumed this was a piss take. Is that enough to make the movie worth watching?

It's gotta be an MCU style lead in to the Obi-Wan movie, right? Probably a very short reveal.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

If this lovely movie means I get my 3:10 to Yuma starring Obi Wan, Darth Maul, and Boba Fett it was all worth it.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

This is going to make like $100-$150 mil opening weekend and quickly fall off the cliff.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Good loving lord why is Solo not an ok name? Lando Calrissian is fine, but loving Solo isnt?

Darth Maul comeback is just bizarre. Like Im not even sure why that came up as an initial concept

This historical documentary should help explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I think the plan is to have 3 or more cinematic universes operating at a time within certain parts of the star wars timeline. We will have a Sequel-Prequel trilogy (Young Han Solo/Yung Luke/Leia) The Sequel Sequel trilogy (in 4-6 years or so) and Rian Johnson will do the prequel prequel trilogy

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

You know what? They should just retcon the OT Star Trek (2009) style and recast everyone. Have Luke from the end of TLJ instant-transmission into Han's bedroom to warn him about how badly his life is going to go. Instead, Alderaan gets blown up 6 years early and we get treated to a younger, hotter cast. :shepspends:

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

So, had he never been asked for identification before on Corellia or something? Has he never had an opportunity to think about having 2 names in a galaxy where even guys named "Boba Fett", "Salacious Crumb", and "Elan Sleazebaggano" have last names?

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Apparently Darth Maul isn't the only returning prequel character.... Warwick Davis returns in his breakout role

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weazel

https://heroichollywood.com/warwick-davis-han-solo-cast/

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/solo_a_star_wars_story/reviews/

Reviews are live.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

The actual review scores are mediocre to bad, but RT magic at work. That said, looks like what I expected will definitely check it out with my younger brother at matinee to make fun of darth maul.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

"After reading the spoilers and watch some reviews, I suspect this time the audience score will be greater than the pro reviewer scores. And that's a good thing. I think it lacks anything SJWs can latch onto, so the pros don't care. So the success of this one will be decided 100% by the fans. Sink or swim. I just don't see it pulling off the fan service of RO, but I bet most fans will be able to enjoy it." -Some Guy (TheForce.Net)

"Several critics who gave it a low score mentioned that if you strip all Star Wars elements form it, it is just an average movie. Well, guess what, you cannot strip Star Wars from a Star Wars movie. So these criticisms for me show a lack of understanding about what Star Wars is." -Another guy

Never change, star wars fans.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

widunder posted:

Solo - A Jacques Brel head in a jar story

ne me quitte pas- a rancor love story.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Mangold is a perfect choice if the film is a reskinned 3:10 Yuma and Boba Fett is not the main character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

I feel like there's not enough discussion here about that singing alien in a jar

second best scene of the new star wars movies after luke drinking the milk in last jedi

I can agree to this. Better than Lin Manuel Miranda's take on cantina music from VII