Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wasn't expecting the musical number in Solo, but it's a Disney movie, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised

Enfys Nest has a gorgeous singing voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

cuntman.net posted:

i hope darth maul survives and is still around way after the sequel movies

He's like a cockroach

He could be dead and buried, and the planet he was buried on atomized, and eventually he'd just reform out of sheer spite

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I don't know what the odds are of them recreating the Rebels Episode Twin Suns from Obi-Wan's perspective would be

He seems to be making a habit of rescuing kids and their droids in the desert

If I want anything Maul-related, I'd rather it be a video game where you take missions from Palpatine before TPM

God dammit, it'd be a Force Unleashed remake, but this time you're Palpatine's apprentice, wouldn't it?

"Hey Witwer, you wanna voice the protagonist of a Star Wars video game again?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

rotj would be the real fun one to see internet reactions to

-Saving Han is a trap, but Luke has a plan
-Blowing up the shield generator is a trap, but Leia, Han, and Chewie have a plan
-Attacking the Death Star is a trap, but Lando has a plan
-Surrendering to the Empire is a trap, but Luke has another plan

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darko posted:

- The group is about to be eaten by the Ewoks, but they think Chewie is a god, and Luke levitates him to prove it, so they let everyone go and call them friends

Ya know, you'd think that the Ewoks would've revered Chewie over Threepio since he's three times their size and can rip the arms off his enemies like a vengeful god or something

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

pospysyl posted:

I'd see it for Darth Maul, but not for this. My dearest hope is that Qira disappears so that they can set up a Darth Maul movie.

But first, she'll have to meet Doctor Aphra, Hera Syndulla, Leia, and probably get involved with the Rebellion in some capacity before becoming Rey's mother and Kylo Ren's aunt

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Milky Moor posted:

Breaking news: Lando is pansexual.

Wow, what a deep and meaningful expansion on a character's backstory that doesn't ever have reason to come up in the movies themselves and is stated by the writers after the movie is out

It's just like Holdo being Force-sensitive

ie, "That's nice. NEXT!"

What's next, Han tried a relationship with L3-37 and got snubbed, hence his dismissive attitude towards droids in general?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jose Oquendo posted:

Stick around for the after credits scene. Let's just say Lando and Han dump some spice..together.

Turns out Solo was a prequel to Star Wars Kinect all along

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"But guys, her armor was made from Palpatine's yacht."
*crickets burst into orchestra*

Blame marketing for plastering her all over everything because "Shiny = important" seemed to be the logic they operated on

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

phasma would get more to do in a theoretical movie series where they actually did anything with finn's first order background

Finn: A Star Wars Story

Coming 2035

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Should've had more time of Finn reacting to new experiences and being a dork, and cut the Rathtars entirely as a result

Meanwhile, the Poe comics are currently in a "Let's kill time during the wait for Episode IX by retelling TFA and filling in a few blanks here and there that we missed the first time around - as a bonus, we get some Finn/Poe/Rey bonding ("Torture buddies!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm looking forward to the frame-by-frame side-by-side comparison videos between the Solo Falcon and the Falcon seen in the OT and people saying Star Wars is ruined forever if something that is utterly meaningless doesn't add up

Despite Han being a smuggler and likely moving thing around

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

JBP posted:

Air Chewie

Air Lumpy, surely?

Or maybe A Goofy Movie, but with Wookiees

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

drunkill posted:

oh yeah

lando is robosexual. confirmed.

His dick is probably mangled from gears and whatnot.

He saw the "Do not fist robot girls" warning and said "Challenge accepted. I won't use my hands..."

drunkill posted:

It was pretty great to have Maul be the ringleader, but the cgi work on him was pretty awful (colour holograms = terrible)

Weird thing is, holograms have oftentimes been stated to be in color
Depends on the quality of the projector, and range from monochrome blue, to subdued colors, to full-on color and realistic holograms (such as Snoke's use of them)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hyperfuel, eh?

Is that what the Resistance didn't have enough of in TLJ?
Yet were still somehow able to fuel, what, over two dozen transport ships? (Whch admittedly didn't have that far to go, but still...)

Are the Anthology movies just being made to explain mechanics in the numbered films?

What's next, Hyperspace Ramming Missiles in Solo 2: Lando Strikes Back?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

Man, they should really bring back Rogue Squadron.

Fingers crossed that Star Wars Resistance takes all the notes from the RS series

May as well set myself up for disappointment early, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mandrel posted:

Having not watched the cartoons, does TCW/Rebels version of Maul keep his old EU pre TPM backstory? I always liked the stuff with Sidious taking him from his home as a child and raising him as a Sith in a sort of evil version of the golden age Jedi way of training. The dynamic of Maul seeing Sidious as more abusive demanding father than master and basically being groomed to fight a holy war he probably doesn’t really care about for his own reasons was good stuff and I feel like would add to the vendetta he’d have with Sidious post-TPM

Son of Dathomir and Star Wars: Darth Maul explore a little bit of Maul's history - the former using scripts from The Clone Wars and the latter set some time before TPM

It's really frustrating that series that should've gone on for so much longer only get a five issue mini-series dedicated to them, such as Star Wars: Anakin & Obi-Wan taking place during Anakin's padawan days, three years after TPM

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They're telling a story

Not their fault the fans aren't fans of the direction they've gone in

I wonder what those kinds of fans' fanfiction look like

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Even though the comics are probably the best part of the NuCanon

The "Darth Vader" and "Star Wars" comics are also in the process of showing the Empire taking over Mon Cala before ANH and then them rebelling from their rule after ANH respectively, which is an interesting storytelling technique

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Maybe the Boba movie will deliver unto us a more western movie feel (Aren't most of those a lovely shade of brown as well, which seems to be a popular aesthetic nowadays?)

And probably follow up on Beckett's casual mention of killing a bounty hunter, because continuity or something

I'm looking forward to the mockery of Boba being a BAMF in a film, and then losing to a blind guy with a stick

TWICE

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

kidkissinger posted:

Let's take a character whose primary appeal is being mysterious and enigmatic and make a movie filling in every detail of his life!

Didn't AotC kinda already do that with Jango, what with Boba being a literal clone of him?

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."

What're the odds of Boba saying that as well at some point?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

George H.W. oval office posted:

I want a behind the music of jizz

MAX REBO: A Star Wars Story
Coming 2035

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Robot Style posted:

Guaranteed a Lando movie would be centered around explaining the manuever he did at the battle of Tanaab.

It's a two and a half hour clothing commercial focusing primarily on half-capes and a tour through Lando's latest pad, and at the end of the film, the Empire comes in and busts up the place, so Lando is forced to flee to some Tibanna mining platform

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

In a Galaxy as large/diverse/advanced as the one Far Far Away, I'm reasonably sure there's plenty of...enhancements/substitutes/supplements for those lacking certain attributes

Darth Maul manages to carry a hate boner the size of a Super-Duper Star Destroyer against Obi-Wan and later Palpatine for...

+10-ish years after TPM...
+3-ish for Clone Wars...
+13-ish for Rebels...

A really long time

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What's that?

A realistic battle involving the use of laser swords and the culmination of a (one-sided) rivalry lasting almost thirty years?

Preposterous

But aye, definitely one of the better closings of a character, especially if you've seen TCW and understand the meaning behind their actions

I also like that Obi-Wan developed a counter to the move that killed his master and baited Maul into using it

Samara posted:

You know what’s odd? Of all the new characters introduced since Disney took over, the droids have all been the best

BB8
K2SO
L3

All are far more interesting than the actors

Chopper from Rebels, and Beetee and Triple-Zero from the Darth Vader/Doctor Aphra comics are delightful socio/psychopaths as well

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gonz posted:

Darth Vader kills Obi-Wan with a sawed off shotgun in the Obi-Wan movie.

Now what?

Dust off the Spaarti Cylinders and release Obi-Waan, obviously

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Star Wars: But Ray Park Does All The Voices And Sound Effects

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The new Maul movie looks great

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cutting off a hand and being thrown out into the void may as well be a walk down the street for a Force-user

I'm sure Mace Windu is bumming around who-knows-where doing who-knows-what

He's probably chilling on some forest moon and playing some Pazaak

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know Grievous's coughing was meant to foreshadow Vader's sinister breathing. It came off as kind of goofy rather than creepy most of the time.

Obi-Wan making Grievous look like a massive dork every time they're on screen together was good fun, though.

And the lengths they went to keep Anakin and Grievous apart were quite amusing

Closest they ever got was in the unfinished, but still canon Utapau arc

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the Falcon to transform into Megamaid and start sucking up robots to save them from their slavery

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I imagine the Maul cameo would've worked better had he remained shrouded like Sidious and you'd only recognize the voice, leaving new fans to speculate out the wazoo and those who kept up with the lore to raise our eyebrows and wonder how he got back into the underworld after Sidious cleaned house and crushed everything he owned

Granted, I guess that's better than imagining Maul pulling a Luke and living on Malachor for ~15 years before the Rebels came calling

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SirDrone posted:

Imagine if it instead was General Grievous but now 100% a robot.

But does he keep the cough?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Any Boba movie is gonna be soured once you realize he loses to a blind guy with a stick later in life

Twice

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

It should be about Bubba Fett who's a borderline-incompetent space redneck who developed his feared marksmanship skills by shooting empty cans off a fence and goes, "Aw, shucks," when he accidentally disintegrates someone.

Boba Fett is in fact a terrible Bounty Hunter, but every time he goes out, he stumbles across another hunter who died on the way back with his bounty, so he takes credit for it

It's why he likes to work alone and he got his disintegration reputation because he did that to stop the first few living bounties from ratting him out

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Turn the Lego games into actual movies

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cantina Tales: A Star Wars Short Story

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

...The fact a Rey/Darth Maul romance fic exists doesn't surprise me

I am not entirely sure why

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I think it's less re-casting Leia and more giving Leia's role to another character

Sorta like how Holdo took over Ackbar's role in TLJ after his actor passed away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wheat Loaf posted:

I hope that Ep. IX starts with Kylo Ren presiding over a Mofference on the Moffship explaining his plan to marry a robot double of Rey then it backfires when she shoots him with her eye lasers.

If the Knights of Ren don't introduce themselves with "We bid you dark greetings!" we riot