Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

so you gonna spill or what

is it because he only works alone :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Phi230 posted:

I want chewie to gently caress shove a porg up his rear end

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Dishwasher posted:

The story seems so incomplete and the characters so underdeveloped going into IX that if they decided to keep going forward Marvel style it wouldn't be surprising and may even be ideal. I'd be fine with it as for all the mistakes I think they made, I'd still like to see it finish cooking even if it takes more time.

I can't be the only one to notice the distinct lack of "Episode 7" and "Episode 8" on any merchandise, or even mentioned anywhere after the official titles were announced (in direct contrast to the prequels). They don't want to keep reminding people of how many of the things there are, and if they abandon the numbers entirely after 9 then it would make it that much easier to just poo poo them out from now until forever.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

I honestly didn't realise that Snoke had been deliberately set up as a big mystery in TFA. Rey's background, sure, that was clearly being set up for something, but there's not really a lot to Snoke in Force Awakens. He just seemed like a stock character to me; a big dark side guy who led the villain faction. Obviously he must have had a backstory but it didn't seem all that important to me and I was genuinely surprised that so many people seemed to be so invested in it.

Do you get what I mean? At the end of TFA, they'd set some things up to be answered in the next one, but I didn't come away thinking Snoke was one of them.

I guess I've never really gone in big for fan theories, though, so maybe I had the wrong mindset.

I think this is what a lot of people don't get when they bitch about TLJ-haters (like myself). They'll say "Those dumbasses wanted Snoke to be Plagueis / Maul / Jar-Jar", but the people who actually wanted something that dumb are in the extreme minority. I'm just annoyed that he was literally given zero backstory; even a single throwaway line like "Snoke was a padawan Jedi who escaped the purge and has spent the last 60 years hiding and being evil" or "Snoke was an alien warlord who seized control of the First Order" would have done the job. (Remember that in A New Hope, we hear basically nothing about the Emperor except for his dissolution of the Senate). It's fine for him to be a stock character, but when you're making a movie that has six others coming in before it, you can't just drop another Big Bad in with literally zero context or backstory. It's just bad and lazy writing.