Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
on getting scared reading horror, not really, but it took me a hell of a long time to finish Tell Me I'm Worthless between deciding to take a break after a few pages and deciding that now's not the time to reopen my books app. stress, not fear.

this was before they went back, though. once they did I finished it off over lunch. great book, preordered her next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
upset, yeah. tense, yeah. scared, no. maybe only tangentially?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Camp Damascus, Chuck Tingle's legit horror book, is out today, buckaroos :toot:
Chuck Tingle's legit horror novel. Don't forget Straight!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Nerdietalk posted:

Truly stunned by how much I loved Camp Damascus. Never really read any Chuck Tingle, but there's not a trace of irony or too-self aware jokes I expected. Its a completely sincere horror novel about a conversion camp.
It's very easy to look at Chuck Tingle and go "aha, funny irony meme man," even as he's yelling about the importance of being earnest. Surely that's part of the bit! And yeah, it is part of the bit, but sincerely so.

It's a good bit.

Pounded in the butt by a good bit.

I should finish it today and it's really, really good.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Camp Damascus by Chuck Tingle is a very good book.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

voted tingler
It's not a Tingler.

Owns, though.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Dreadnought by Gretchen Felker-Martin. I'll quote myself again: "What a hosed up story. It needs every content warning under the sun, it wears its influences on its sleeve (:sickos: Neon Genesis Evangelion and Porpentine :sickos:) and it's great. Gross and great and everything goes straight to hell.
Is this available in a reasonable format? PDFs are a bit awkward. But I'll manage.

Also Chuck Tingle's Camp Damascus owns. It's not a Tingler, and that's fine. His previous horror novella, Straight, is also good fun.

Alison Rumfitt's Tell Me I'm Worthless? Also excellent.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 5, 2023

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
In college, he was ranked #72 in GQ’s list of 100 Hottest White Men in Alabama, but the magazine retracted that award because of voter fraud.[citation needed]

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

zoux posted:

Read The Ancient by Muriel Gray over the long weekend. Nothing too remarkable, just a solid page turner about a monster on a bulk carrier. She only ever wrote three books and this was her last. I picked up her first, The Trickster, which had some award buzz in the British critics circle in 1996. It heavily features freight trains. Her third book involves a long-haul semi driver. I think this lady just likes cargo transport!
I assume she has a podcast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
i do.

gently caress. I already have too much to read. I just want books about people in horrible spaceships and space stations and space colonies and generally unpleasant space industrial environments, with corridors and poo poo.