Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I loved The Fisherman. My father was from New Paltz and wish he still around to share this book with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I’ve only read Grady Hendrix’s The Final Girl Support Group, and it was less of a horror story and more of a thrilling adventure story that took place in a world of horror tropes.

(Actually I just learned he cowrote Dirty Candy, which is a cookbook/memoir in comic book form. Not horror, but it is really good.)

Speaking of horror-adjacent, if anyone wants an existentialist horror novella, “A Short Stay In Hell” is amazing. On one hand it’s practically just a fanfic of Borges’ “Library of Babel.” On the other hand, it’s one of the few stories I’ve read that really tries to grapple with eternity. And that’s horrifying. It has stayed with me.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I didn’t know you could still find the original release of that book.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I loved the ring series for how it kept changing and building. The first book is a ghost horror story, the second book is a biology horror story, the third is a sci-fi horror story.

Never read the short stories, could never find them.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

value-brand cereal posted:

And the The Ring Video Game is an exercise in repetitious audio torture! Also monkey monsters.

Okay I just spent a lot of time reading about this game. What a trip.

value-brand cereal posted:

Hi thread it me. I've been making two bookshelves themed around similar, niche themes and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

Cursed film and videos. Specifically videos that are cursed, or are involved with paranormal or supernatural occurrences.
Excerpts from a Film (1942-1987) by A.C. Wise

https://www.tor.com/2017/03/21/excerpts-from-a-film-1942-1987/ this was good

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
What’s up with the lovecraft fandom that it needs the piss taken out of it and please don’t tell me it’s racism?

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Ornamented Death posted:

It's this, mostly. Joshi buddies up to promising young writers, but once their star starts to outshine his own, he turns on them.

I was about to say, that above list of authors he’s feuded with is a murderers row of modern horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
I think the Truant layer was necessary, but was also just so much less…interesting than everything else.