Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Ornamented Death posted:

The current darling of the review world is Devil's Creek by Todd Keisling. I'm about a quarter of the way through and really enjoying it.

Just started this this morning. Very early on but I'm digging it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

I'm very close to finishing it and I'm finding myself really enjoying it. Fun book!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Fallom posted:

I liked Wounds better than NALM because at the time I read them I was not remotely in the mood for the dreamy metaphors for the American condition in the latter and totally in the mood for the creepy hell skulls in the former.

Well I'm sold

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Finished Wounds today. Good poo poo, loved it. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. Enjoyed all of the stories but The Maw, The Butcher's Table and Skullpocket are probably my top 3. Reading NALM next.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Thom and the Heads posted:

Finished Wounds today. Good poo poo, loved it. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. Enjoyed all of the stories but The Maw, The Butcher's Table and Skullpocket are probably my top 3. Reading NALM next.

I finished North American Lake Monsters last night. I liked it a lot - I think Wounds is definitely the better collection but I think The Good Husband might be the most affecting story I read out of the two.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

I finished The Stand last month. I thought it had a very strong first half followed by a not so strong second half. I wanted more post-apocalypse exploring and less Boulder community building stuff. I read the original release so maybe another 400 pages or whatever would've made a difference. Neat book but too long.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

lifg posted:

I didn’t know you could still find the original release of that book.

I found a first book club edition at a used bookstore and decided to pull the trigger. I had previously read the first quarter or so a few years back but didn't finish it. I'm glad I gave it another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

I'm on book 5 of 6 of McDowell's Blackwater (bought the old paperbacks off eBay because I like old books, have poor impulse control and loved The Elementals.) and so far it loving RULES! Hell yeah!!!