Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I remember some talk a while back about Klein vowing to finally finish his second novel, Nighttown. S. T. Joshi mentioned in a blog post about meeting Klein during a trip to New York and discussing it. It really is a shame that Klein never produced more material. The Events at Poroth Farm, Nadelman's God, and Children of the Kingdom are some of my all-time favorite stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord

Lester Shy posted:

I've never read any Ligotti. Is the combined edition with Songs of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe a good place to start?

I always recommend Teatro Grottesco as the best place to start with Ligotti. It contains a lot of his best work imo and its maybe a bit more "accessible" than Songs/Grimscribe.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Buglord
Here's a video of David Tibet (of Current 93) accepting the Bram Stoker Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of Ligotti. Ligotti's acceptance speech reads... pretty much exactly how you'd imagine.

https://youtu.be/PXdE3mq-OZc?t=822