Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Traxis posted:

Can anyone recommend any books that have a found footage/mysterious signals/numbers stations vibe? So far I've read:
House of Leaves
Transmission by Ambrose Ibsen
Experimental Film by Gemma Files
The Last Days of Jack Sparks by Jason Arnopp
and the short story collection Lost Signals

None are traditionally horror but do incorporate varying degrees of secret society mystery, which sometimes scratches a horror itch. Night Film by Marisha Pessl. If you want to be a bit more intimate with the found item and are okay with trying something a bit gimmicky, S. might be up your alley. And finally, though I'm obviously biased, I'm going to throw Foucault's Pendulum in there. It's like an origins story for the mysterious signals themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
First glimpse of the HBO adaptation of Lovecraft Country looks promising.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

UwUnabomber posted:

Stephen King's short story collections have some real bangers.

John Connolly's Nocturnes is excellent. (As is The Book of Lost Things, but that's not a collection.)

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 20, 2024