Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

No not the BSG rain forest forest again..

Also not suprising that Synder didn't give up his Quisling ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The red mist explosions deaths still rock, as well as being a nice shout out to the season 2 wall scene.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Synder is pretty much my favorite character on the show for how good the actor is at being both sympathetic and devious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPwbuu-sQg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The first two seasons are up on Netflix:
https://www.netflix.com/browse?jbv=80077417&jbp=4&jbr=5

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Those Mechs are pretty good at atomising people.

At least it's pretty sanitary.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

broussard is one smooth operator

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

I really like him this season.

I liked it how in the most recent episode he didn't kill the Redhat soldier in the ambush scene since he was more focused on evading
his way out of the ambush.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlackJosh posted:

Snyder is a very good character. What a sneaky little weasel.

The actor is top notch especially how subtlety manipulates people to survive

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlackJosh posted:

Snyder is a very good character. What a sneaky little weasel.

I liked how he was able to weasel his way out of the situation by reading and manipulating Vincent correctly.

basically giving him the promise that saving the Click was the right thing to do and there wouldn't be consequences for anyone else the camp since he could make a good deal with the Occupation.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Rip Charlie. It should have been Blankface McMullet

He was shaping up to be a mini-Broussard

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

Does this mean we're gonna get Snyder interacting with the IGA or something or is Jacobson leaving the show or what

He never seems to get what he wants even when he lucks out and gets a temporary position of power.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

I kind of hated Snyder (even though I love Jacobson) but man he has grown on me, and he's right about way more than he's wrong about.

Also hell yeah get hosed budget-rate Alex Jones!

The actor is really good for the role.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Like a fungus! Seriously though, you're right, he's great.

I can't remember now, did we specifically see not-Alex Jones die, or was he probably one of the "insignificant escapees". I know Snyder pointed out a leader in the bodies but I don't know if we saw it or not. After his slimy rear end past, I can see him ordering some minions to suicide to give him time to escape.

Yeah he definitely got killed during the destruction of the whole resistance camp by the redhats.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When they just killed him unceremoniously off screen and didn't even show his face in the pile of bodies I was a little confused.

But his face was shown when Snyder is forced to identify who was the resistance camp leader.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i apparently missed that and i blame Colony for not engaging me and refuse to take responsibility for my actions

I wish Alex Jones had a cameo in all the resistance camp scenes.

The aliens turned all the frogs gay.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

Holy poo poo we really are getting Emperor Snyder's rise to power in the IGA, that plotline is already great and I'm totally psyched about it

This guy fucks!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That makes perfect sense. They are going to launch the Bowmans on missiles at the enemy fleet and after a season all of the enemy will be dead just like everyone in the show they meet aside from Snyder. That's why they refuse to kill the family.

This show makes me think of Fear the Walking Dead in which the "heroic" survivor family ends destroying any sort of stable society they come across.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

God, the Bowman part of this week's episode was so loving bleak.

Mr Bowman is really good at selling his auto mechanic cover story.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LinkesAuge posted:

At this point its actually even the better show.

Well in all fairness it's not exactly a high bar.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Actually Walking Dead's explanation for why cars still work is that hardly any time has passed since the outbreak. Less than two years. Don't ask how everyone has aged 8+ years.

Gas starts to oxidize after around 30 days and this reaction makes it go bad.

Even with fuel stabilizer the most you would see for the shelf life would be around 3-5 months.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

Me too LOL. Will was being 'interviewed', about to have his cover blown and then next scene they're in a nice home having breakfast.

Maybe next episode Snyder will show up, "Yes I did that for you Bowman, and now I've got a special operation for your particular skill set..."

He got moved up since his profile showed he would improve the local bar scene.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

zeal posted:

the Seattle Colony is just an entire city run like the campus of one of the big tech companies, Amazon or Google, and as we see everybody's got a phone that serves as their wallet and tracking device

Yeah it basically a carrot focused regime that also makes sure to hide the nasty stick side of running things.

Also the screening system seems to worship STEM nerds so the analogy is really good.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

So where do we think the people getting disappeared from Seattle are getting sent? A new Factory? Or maybe [TWIST] Wayne Brady has his own "factory" set up to make weapons to fight the Claps?

They get sent to a guitar factory.

HorseRenoir posted:

I think Wayne's deal is that he made the algorithm to determine what skills people were good at, while the redhats were using the algorithm to determine who would be the most obedient. I'm sure there's a dark side to it (maybe people viewed as "unskilled" are disposed of?) but he seems like a guy who recognized that the current strategy of treating people like poo poo and casual mass executions is a horribly inefficient way to utilize humanity's potential, and was smart enough to provide enough evidence to convince the raps to try his approach. He seems a lot like Snyder, an ultimate pragmatist trying to save people from within the system.

I imagine his algorithm was focused both at finding people who were skill but also would have incentives to respond to carrot focused Bloc. Sort of like that aerospace guy who was willing to ditch his wife to recover his standard of living and also get a younger wife.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Yeah, snyder was really good in that scene. There's a lot of nifty things going on in this show. How many more episodes do we have in the season?

It's a 13 episode season.

Also the best scene was Synder's face when he realized he was going to get dunked in a toilet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thats not candy posted:

this episode was insane but im only posting cause its the first one where i actually started to like both bram the character and alex neustaedter the actor. also this is probably peter jacobsons best role. he sells that poo poo and genuinely looked and sounded like he was about to have his brains blown out.

I was also another Synder weasel masterpiece especially how he blended facts and fiction such as leaving out incriminating bits like how he had the tracker all along.

Also how he was turning the conversion away via blame shifting such as pointing out that Will was the one who got them in the whole resistance camp situation.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

How long until the Bowmans get another block getting wiped out?

etalian fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 8, 2018

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Prav posted:

i was real disappointed that outliers just meant high-speed low-drag spec ops soldiers. very unimaginative.

They are just post apocalypse chads Chads

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr Bowman looks like quite a chump until he gets weapons and goes into beast mode.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

This season is really good. Snyder is becoming even more amazing and Broussard is finally growing on me.

Well Synder's actor has always been one of the consistently solid ones in the whole series especially how he weasels his way out
of no win situations by manipulating people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Not surprising given the ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah unlike Expanse there's not some sort of sizeable hardcore Colony fanbase out there to help make it happen. Could still I suppose, but don't count on it.

The Expanse also had some how profile fan support everyone from GURM to NASA astronauts.

Jeff Bezos is also a big fan of the books despite the ironic nature of his fandom for this series.

• Locked thread