Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I don't know to what extent most people have a system for deciding or understanding what they value in this regard. In large part because this is going to change and vary according to time, place, and experiences. A young person might find excitement and exploration valuable, but if they happen to have a bad time at college or in the big city, come to find more worth in a less high-pressure environment back in their hometown. A newlywed couple might value excitement, then have kids and find stability far more important, then have excitement reassert itself when the kids are older. And these things are never decided in a vacuum; the importance of how well your job pays you could hinge on your mental health (Someone with social anxiety might have a hard time arguing in court no matter how good their law degree is) or how pressing loan repayments are or plenty of other factors you can only really know at the time of decision.

I figure most people don't really have any set system for knowing what they hold to be valuable or important; they just live life and find out. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread