Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I played Eternal Darkness a year or two after it came out and I knew about its sanity meter and all that. I got to a point early on where I was walking around the mansion and the Gamecube itself started ticking like a grandfather clock. I remember thinking "oh that's a cool effect," and then some error showed up on the screen and it went back to the Gamecube boot menu.

I probably sat there for five minutes waiting for the game to start back up and the insanity effect to end before I realized that the disc was scratched or something along those lines and the game had actually stopped working.

Something about not being able to realize that it was broken scared me to my core and I never tried playing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sector_corrector posted:

i understand the implications of the The Dizzy the Egg meme
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NO!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1qr6C1Mm0

There's a lot of creepy game music, but this one is special. When I was a kid I would actually get a queasy feeling in my stomach when I heard it. And it isn't just me; my cousin used to come over to play the game with me and my sister and he had the same physical reaction to the song. I would just get rumbling in my stomach and I'd rip some wicked farts when it came on it but my cousin would actually have to go to the bathroom to drop a deuce every time he heard it. There was one time he called me and asked if I could play the song over the phone because he wanted to poo poo but was constipated and he didn't have an SNES.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh yeah, whenever SA-X in Metroid Fusion showed up freaked me out until I figured out it was scripted

The very first time SA-X shows up and you see that creepy loving face is so epic. Metroid Fusion is godly.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
When I was a kid I only played the Young Link parts of Ocarina of Time over and over because I was too afraid of the Redeads outside the Temple of Time when you become Adult Link.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

No... nooooo...

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

I know better.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
In agi Sierra games there were things that would just run out and kill you or take your stuff and make the game unwinnable. They scared me and stressed me out!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

hong kong divorce lunch posted:

In agi Sierra games there were things that would just run out and kill you or take your stuff and make the game unwinnable. They scared me and stressed me out!

The chest burster in space quest 1 that pops out of your body and kills you right before the games ending, if you allow yourself to get kissed by an alien in the first area of the game

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

the first controller (psychic mutant guy) in shadows of chernobyl

just waltzing along a quiet dark sewer then some high pitch sound starts up and it sucks in your camera on its face, aaaaaaaaa

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a1qr6C1Mm0

There's a lot of creepy game music, but this one is special. When I was a kid I would actually get a queasy feeling in my stomach when I heard it. And it isn't just me; my cousin used to come over to play the game with me and my sister and he had the same physical reaction to the song. I would just get rumbling in my stomach and I'd rip some wicked farts when it came on it but my cousin would actually have to go to the bathroom to drop a deuce every time he heard it. There was one time he called me and asked if I could play the song over the phone because he wanted to poo poo but was constipated and he didn't have an SNES.

It really sounds like it could be from a Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HORMELCHILI posted:

It really sounds like it could be from a Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack

Yeah there's some creepy game music out there but that one is just on a whole different level

It doesn't sound as uneasy in the ps4 remake

• Locked thread