Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sector_corrector posted:

you ever played pubg?

fall out (of a plane) 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol maybe it will be like new vegas

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

lol maybe it will be like new vegas

yes, rushed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's a survival game

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1001830903952404482

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it's going to be really good trust me

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao its being made by the austin studio that was working on a hero shooter. The good poo poo never ends

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lmao

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Devs keep chasing the hot multiplayer genre but by the time dev finishes it's too late and the playerbase has moved on to whatever is newer, and its gonna keep happening.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hahah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

EA excitedly kicking down the door to e3 2019 to announce their new titanfall branded battle royale game but every body on twitch is playing a game that's a hybrid of puzzle fighter and classic 3d shooter descent now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It’ll be interesting to see how pubg’s lawsuit against Fortnite effects the rest of the industry. Will we see an explosion of battle arena games ar e3 or will they all shy away in fear of getting dragged into the suit as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to fail completely the same way Capcom tried to sue Data East in the 90s for making a Street Fighter II clone and everyone will continue making BR games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

It’ll be interesting to see how pubg’s lawsuit against Fortnite effects the rest of the industry. Will we see an explosion of battle arena games ar e3 or will they all shy away in fear of getting dragged into the suit as well.

Nothing I love more than litigation in my gaming news

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Guy who leaked it on Reddit before the announcement also says the Switch leak is real 👀👀 with a new F Zero from Platinum Games and a Retro Studios Star Fox game

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the map is smaller so it can be easier ported to the PSVR

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“Shampy”" post="“484573749”"]
Maybe the map is smaller so it can be easier ported to the PSVR
[/quote]

Can we please make sure this piece of poo poo gets probed throughout the entire E3 weekend at least.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just what I want during my E3 simulwatch experience.. a middle aged wife beater ice rear end making the most banal observations of all time

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I guess I'm excited to see what fallout 76 is going to be like now

I read this post before I saw the news and thought you were joking about the title

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

net cafe scandal posted:

Can we please make sure this piece of poo poo gets probed throughout the entire E3 weekend at least.

lol

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

net cafe scandal posted:

Just what I want during my E3 simulwatch experience.. a middle aged wife beater ice rear end making the most banal observations of all time

You act like it was your wife I had beaten. Chill out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Nothing I love more than litigation in my gaming news

Patrick, I didn’t realize you posted here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shampy posted:

gently caress you retard

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

Guy who leaked it on Reddit before the announcement also says the Switch leak is real 👀👀 with a new F Zero from Platinum Games and a Retro Studios Star Fox game

dear lord

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Patrick, I didn’t realize you posted here.

This makes no sense you idiot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Yoshi's Flipping Island

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cobalt Viper posted:

Yoshi's Flipping Island

its nintendo, how is that not the most believable name on the list, lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Shampy posted:

gently caress off ice rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1001840670506549248/video/1

team sonic racing announced for switch after it got revealed by a walmart circular

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

cool, I'll be playing as paul rudd

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

cool, I'll be playing as paul rudd

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1001843427342872576?s=21

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Fungah! posted:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1001840670506549248/video/1

team sonic racing announced for switch after it got revealed by a walmart circular

why the gently caress are they racing in cars instead of on foot

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Caithness posted:

So it's fair. Nobody's faster than Sonic the Hedgehog with the power of Blast Processing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Caithness posted:

this is the 5th kart racer starring sonic, this is getting old

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
there was a possible Shadows Die Twice leak on 4chan a day or two ago. grain of salt + keep in mind the second chunk might be from a second guy pretending to be the leaker

part 1
-it will appear at E3 with a full length trailer and some gameplay
-it will draw inspiration from both Bloodborne and Fromsoftware's old Ps2 game Kuon
-gameplay is similar to Bloodborne, but more vicious and brutal. It's a bit less wild, but still fast. Kinda like a combination of Nioh/Bloodborne.
-there are skills in this game, including different melee moves, passives and magic. It wont have endless skill trees and the skills wont be big flashy diablo style attacks, just new moves and abilities.
-trick weapons make another appereance, but aren't called trick weapons. Some weapons have 3 forms, others have 2 and there are many weapons that are always 2 handed or 2 part, as there are no side arms or shields.
-the story will be centered around an ancient cult, that has been using farmers for their dark rituals since hundreds of years. As they fear the end of the world, they sacrifice peopla at their shrine of blood and experiment on people. Many of the creatures will be the result of the experiments. It remains unclear for most of the game, whether the cult is really evil or knows more than everyone else. Only a few members are still alive, as the rest has mysteriously vanished.

part2
-you start the game as a heavily maimed and disfigured person at the edge of death. You are saved by a mysterious leader who gives you a new face (character creation) and replaces your missing arm.
the right arm and it will be replaced by an multifunctional device, which serves as a prothetic arm most of the time, but can also be used a some kind of grappling gun to reach higher levels
-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan.
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas.
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon.
-every weapon has a unique counter ability
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4.
-you can climb in the game
-some enemy designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg.
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths that give the game a lot
-there are no invasions, but you can enter the world of another player and take control of a monster in his world. -The monster is a random creature from the level that will get a slight upgrade. Only possibe in certain passages of the game
-there is no coop as the game has a stronger focus on exploring and isn't a clear cut with Level-Boss, Level-Boss.
-there is a dynamic weather and day night system for some areas. At night and rain, more enemies will appear and those will be stronger. At later parts of the game, sunshine can only be created by using an item at holy statues
-there are some chalice dungeon like rituals, but they are more treated like extra levels, that can be found and opened in the game. Once opened, they can be replayed again and will change despite the basic design. There are about 10 completely different ones of these otherworlds. They have traditional coop available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

• Locked thread