Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Caithness posted:

why the gently caress are they racing in cars instead of on foot

sonic is the fastest thing alive

cars, motorcycles, go karts etc are inanimate non living things, and therefore potentially faster than sonic

you freaking idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

there was a possible Shadows Die Twice leak on 4chan a day or two ago. grain of salt + keep in mind the second chunk might be from a second guy pretending to be the leaker

part 1
-it will appear at E3 with a full length trailer and some gameplay
-it will draw inspiration from both Bloodborne and Fromsoftware's old Ps2 game Kuon
-gameplay is similar to Bloodborne, but more vicious and brutal. It's a bit less wild, but still fast. Kinda like a combination of Nioh/Bloodborne.
-there are skills in this game, including different melee moves, passives and magic. It wont have endless skill trees and the skills wont be big flashy diablo style attacks, just new moves and abilities.
-trick weapons make another appereance, but aren't called trick weapons. Some weapons have 3 forms, others have 2 and there are many weapons that are always 2 handed or 2 part, as there are no side arms or shields.
-the story will be centered around an ancient cult, that has been using farmers for their dark rituals since hundreds of years. As they fear the end of the world, they sacrifice peopla at their shrine of blood and experiment on people. Many of the creatures will be the result of the experiments. It remains unclear for most of the game, whether the cult is really evil or knows more than everyone else. Only a few members are still alive, as the rest has mysteriously vanished.

part2
-you start the game as a heavily maimed and disfigured person at the edge of death. You are saved by a mysterious leader who gives you a new face (character creation) and replaces your missing arm.
the right arm and it will be replaced by an multifunctional device, which serves as a prothetic arm most of the time, but can also be used a some kind of grappling gun to reach higher levels
-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan.
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas.
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon.
-every weapon has a unique counter ability
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4.
-you can climb in the game
-some enemy designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg.
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths that give the game a lot
-there are no invasions, but you can enter the world of another player and take control of a monster in his world. -The monster is a random creature from the level that will get a slight upgrade. Only possibe in certain passages of the game
-there is no coop as the game has a stronger focus on exploring and isn't a clear cut with Level-Boss, Level-Boss.
-there is a dynamic weather and day night system for some areas. At night and rain, more enemies will appear and those will be stronger. At later parts of the game, sunshine can only be created by using an item at holy statues
-there are some chalice dungeon like rituals, but they are more treated like extra levels, that can be found and opened in the game. Once opened, they can be replayed again and will change despite the basic design. There are about 10 completely different ones of these otherworlds. They have traditional coop available.

i doubt thered be that many details even if there was something to leak

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

are they even showing anything at e3

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I thought they were listed on participant list for e3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh nice I love games

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

they friggin better. its been a while since their teaser

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

They'ren't.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I thought they were listed on participant list for e3

I can’t find anything that says this

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I swear they were on that list but they aren't. maybe it was just wishful thinking

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They could be showing it as part of the Sony presentation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They could be showing it as part of the Sony presentation.

Sony is only showing ghosts of tsushima, spiderman, last of us 2 and death stranding

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Sony is only showing ghosts of tsushima, spiderman, last of us 2 and death stranding

wtf what about goty Days Gone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

maybe they said that as a swerve to show off cooler stuff. but as usual im assuming their pre show will be a lot cooler. maybe theyll have spelunky 2 gameplay?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

maybe they said that as a swerve to show off cooler stuff. but as usual im assuming their pre show will be a lot cooler. maybe theyll have spelunky 2 gameplay?

they 100% believe that list is the coolest stuff they could possibly show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

they 100% believe that list is the coolest stuff they could possibly show

yeah....i mean theyre not wrong, those games are all going to sell extremely well probably. boooooring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to loving Epic when there's literal Ninjas vs Zombies happening on the Sony mainstage

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

It's going to loving Epic when there's literal Ninjas vs Zombies happening on the Sony mainstage

Soyny

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I see they're showing Shadows Die Twice after all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

take bets now, will ms have a car on stage

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I doubt Sony would premier something that big before death stranding

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

riiiiidge racer

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

riiiiidge racer

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

elf help book posted:

wtf what about goty Days Gone

Can't wait to mow down hordes of Viet Cong zombies freakers and festoon my necklace with their ears

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

is the cyberpunk game like their half-life 3 now. are they still working on it or what

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The game takes place two years after a global pandemic occurred which killed almost all of humanity, and transformed millions of others into "Freakers", mindless zombie-like creatures that are quickly evolving.[3] In the E3 2016 stage demo, two types of "Freakers" were revealed, Newts and Hordes. In the E3 2017 stage demo, infected animals such as bears and wolves also were revealed to also comprise the "Freakers", and human enemies are revealed to be featured in the game as well.

The player can complete objectives in multiple ways, such as by using stealth or long and short ranged weapons. A dynamic weather system and day-night cycle will also feature, making "Freakers" weak and slow by day but fast and aggressive by night. Vehicles such as motorbikes can be used to explore. The player is able to craft new items to improve combat efficiency.[4]

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont know about you all but now Im incredibly loving hyped now. mindless zombie-like creatures. exploring the world with vehicles like motorbikes. motherflipping human enemies revealed to be featured in the game as well.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Extremely zombified bear smashing through the window and screaming "the player is able to craft items to improve combat efficiency!"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Control Volume posted:

The player can complete objectives in multiple ways, such as by using stealth or long and short ranged weapons.

wow

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

riiiiidge racer

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

IVe heard whispers on the hills that cyberpunk was cucked into a linear FPS but mayith prayth to the Twelve that the weird polish fucks that made witcher 3 wouldnt not make an rpg

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HORMELCHILI posted:

IVe heard whispers on the hills that cyberpunk was cucked into a linear FPS but mayith prayth to the Twelve that the weird polish fucks that made witcher 3 wouldnt not make an rpg

I really doubt the game they’ve been hyping up for like 4 years as a ‘post-next-gen RPG’ or w/e is just gonna end up being a slightly better version of that newish Syndicate game. CDPR probably wouldn’t recover from the fallout of that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

weird polish fucks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

BIG shadows die twice leak

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012