Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
not a sore horse

hi

love being stalked on the hike in

got two pretty good pallets on the way there

should have bought these saw horses years ago goddamn it is much nicer than doing it on the floor

Only got one side done on them but we got one side done on a few things at least

I got a stain on my butt too

angry sky kittens were doing the rounds a lot

Nice to water without having to haul it in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8i94WeJTJU

There will be more, soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man
Great photos as always, cheers Dan! Loving the videos as well.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Mousepractice posted:

Great photos as always, cheers Dan! Loving the videos as well.

:unsmith: Thanks postin' buddy!

I like the videos too and I need to remember to take more

cats by the pallet

Hi

tried cloning some more sea mallow at home, bit late in the season but I want to see what happens- have one successful clone from last year but otherwise the nursery here is bare and I intend to move my supplies to the farm at some point soon

cat was very interested in the pallets, as was I, goddamn what a haul- new car earning it's keep

someone parked across the gate so I had to throw my car in a bush for safekeeping

burdfuuud top up as well, really need to find some fat balls but there's a drought on them seemingly and I ain't paying a tenner for 50 (until the robins beat on me)

5 more pallets is by far the best haul of pallets yet- the bulkiest one outweighed the other 4 put together I think

A friend followed me the whole hike out but this is the best pic I could manage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-3jrJ-uWo

and this little guy/gal/non binary pal has been lurking around at home too- think they are a stray and we are attempting to get it to the vets in case they are chipped and lost- there will be more, soon!

jabadoo
Aug 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

I got a stain on my butt too

That thing is starting to look more and more like a pumpkin each time you post :)

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Yay cats!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

DesperateDan posted:

and this little guy/gal/non binary pal has been lurking around at home too- think they are a stray and we are attempting to get it to the vets in case they are chipped and lost- there will be more, soon!

*sizes up cat*

:hai:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

jabadoo posted:

That thing is starting to look more and more like a pumpkin each time you post :)

maybe it needs a face too?

Rotten posted:

Yay cats!

AKZ posted:

*sizes up cat*

:hai:

they came back today while I was out and my eldest befriended it some more, definitely not being fed regularly, probably female, probably stray- definitely wanting some love- we shall see what happens :)

becoming the dahar master of pallets

qa'pla, honourable reader

bit murky over the thames when I left

better by the time I hiked in

gate was blocked by filthy p'takh, had to dump my 2 new pallets in a strategic bush then hike in from a mile off- carried this stuff anyway cause the bird balls must flow roll

got to staining

MOD veggie/halal ration pack, 3-4 years out of date

tomato and basil soup, thicc, served with stale cheesy oat biscuits- soup was okay, don't think the biscuits wouldn't have been any better fresh, soup retained heat a crazy amount of time, probably had a bunch of extra fats added

veggie curry and rice- kinda mediocre but hot and..
. there, taylors brand coffee bag worked nice though (not mod issue but I'm not drinking instant unless I have to)

got the other side done on all the ones I started last time, and one side of a new one before fatigue got me

lots of this about to bloom, I think it's called vetch

need to figure out how to make it take pictures of LCDs but the volts and the celsiuses are good as blood wine

work crews probably come along and trim this out soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpF5Xp6Eug8

and there will be more, soon!

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Do the powerlines go directly over the acres? I'm wondering if you can do the fluorescent tube trick (if it's not an urban legend) to get free light in the caravan.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Clarence posted:

Do the powerlines go directly over the acres? I'm wondering if you can do the fluorescent tube trick (if it's not an urban legend) to get free light in the caravan.

naw they run a few hundred metres to the south of the border and from memory getting the trick to work takes certain types of tubes under strict conditions to work with power lines (I have done it myself with a small fluorescent and a plasma ball it's fun)

I do have an emergency lighting system in the caravan that needs to be reattached to the "new" solar system but otherwise should still work, maybe if I clear out the caravan a bit more this summer I will hook it up again

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

at it again

looking almost summery

dragging more poo poo in

the roads are well guarded

Started off by assessing what pallets I had, measuring a few and thinking over how I'm gonna use them

Only got a few done but better than none

a new shelterbench looms, a new benchshelter era, in the epoch of pallet

Youngest made a start on some ditchwork while I stained, then they helped me out

Pears haven't put out much fruit but the apples are doing well so far

I swear these things just multiply inside the ration stockpile I haven't bought any in ages

dug in a hole to let me fill buckets easier before the ground got too hard to let me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0YVgQdAjjM

was hoping to camp but my health isnt co-operative right now- maybe next week, but you must know by now there will be more, soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

trying anyway

first time I have left it parked in my preferred spot this year- the long grass made the proximity alarms go mad, lol

the attendant made sure I was inside the correct bay

had two failed attempts due to fatigue, today was about as bad but not doing it would have been worse gently caress this goddamn condition I gotta live sometimes

loads and loads of longhorns around, there were little moth raves happening all over the place and you know I'm down with that

don't stand under this tree imo

brought a few bits in, really looking forward to trying out this new attack spade/shovel (it's a spade but it says shovel on the packaging, must be a mistake)

Fed the birds, watered the plants and the compost- which has shrunk much and I'm looking forward to autumn and filling them up again

this trailcam- the oldest one- is having issues and won't let me use half the controls right now- still seems to be shooting though so it's still in place and I'm hoping it rights itself somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLoPOxTbi18

and after my union mandated break I hosed off to do my other chores- hopefully more soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUK4wBVQuY

the more recent trailcam captured (images of) this baby muntjac who prances around and chases magpies and such

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

a clear lack of self restraint

so when I left home today I said to myself no more pallets

BORN TO BUILD
PRICES ARE A gently caress
鬼神 Steal Em All 1989
I am pallet man
410,757,864,530 STAINED PALLETS

between 28 and 30C, first roaster of the year

angry sky cats again

mainly came to water- about 600 litres left now, maybe 12 full waterings worth- hope I get some rain but the forecast is gently caress me- more/better water collection/storage needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCzWxkIt4_A

did the birdfeeding and trailcams and such too then just sat around for hour or so with my union brew- there will be more, soon!

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 11, 2023

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

hogging the weed? bad, imo

hogweed? even worse, potentially

on my last trip I brushed past some of what I thought was thistle sap (common, largely harmless) and got it on my shirt, which I later took off and held under my arm

woke up the next morning with this

turns out it was probably hogweed and it's a lovely painful and very itchy rash up under my arm and up my side where my vest wasn't there to protect me- I'm "lucky" because it doesn't seem to have gotten enough UV light to fully activate and blister up and the sap isn't fully potent yet

so here's like the third safety warning on this from me loving myself over, don't gently caress with phytotoxic plants, if you get some sap on yourself wash it off asap even if you think it's okay

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
We had a lot of hogweed in our garden growing up and I never realised it had such an effect!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Maugrim posted:

We had a lot of hogweed in our garden growing up and I never realised it had such an effect!

well, it's the most likely candidate, periwinkle also grows in the same place and can do the same, as can a few other plants around

the giant (and it is indeed loving giant) variety is more aggressive but it doesn't grow on my patch and I have only ever seen a few on the neighbours land

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's nasty stuff. Bizarrely, the closely related Persian hogweed grows like crazy all over Arctic Norway after someone imported it as an ornamental. So much so that it's locally known as the "Tromsø palm". The recommended folk remedy after coming in contact with it is to thoroughly wash the skin, stay out of the sun, and have an ice cream.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Good advice for us all to live by when the weather's like this.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

big scary monsters posted:

It's nasty stuff. Bizarrely, the closely related Persian hogweed grows like crazy all over Arctic Norway after someone imported it as an ornamental. So much so that it's locally known as the "Tromsø palm". The recommended folk remedy after coming in contact with it is to thoroughly wash the skin, stay out of the sun, and have an ice cream.

it was introduced here as an ornamental too- I would complain but the bugs love it

Clarence posted:

Good advice for us all to live by when the weather's like this.

indubitably!

ain't beeen misbeeeehaving

hot day, low energy

Seeds and water brought in- lots of spare drinking water to join lots more spare drinking water

and what does badger love?

And just as some background, here's an average days kit retrieved from the caravan to take to the office

have tried for a good pic of a common blue for awhile, and here's two!

Wasn't initially planning on being here long and thought I took about 20 mins looking at bees and such, was nearly an hour and a half

Can't quite remember how long this has been here but I'm fairly sure another week or three will bring it to 3 months of timelapse footage- a picture every twenty minutes- at that point I'm gonna see if it still has battery life and debate what to do

Currants and gooseberries, my Ribes crew, been savaged by animals but that's absolutely fine I still get some and they will poop seeds around for me

Some apples sticking around but the pears have dropped most if not all baby fruit- the lack of rain over the last month or two hasn't helped

had some chilli con carne and rice (encona hot sauce saves all) and decided to lurk some more

big changes afoot! yes! we ran out of green woodstain!

Not quite halfway but close, provided some prehistoric throwback doesn't drag more pallets in

some bits really needed the water, hopefully the forecast for next week holds up and we get rain

Compost needs water too, not too much but enough to keep processes going

there's a really good video with a bunch of bees in it (hence the post title) for you but yootoob is a gently caress so I will post it tomorrow and course there will be more, soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-nafsjVoTk

bee good to yourself today constant reader

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

thank you

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

¡no problemo!

didn't quite work out

hi

This is the latest I have ever seen the cherries ripen off

the forecast rain for this week turned into sun, but at least sunday and monday had some storms and a few downpours- meant the container is a bit more full and I didn't have to use any, yay

this thing hasn't improved but it also hasn't gotten any worse so it stayed in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL_llnxSbRY

well the fatigue was pretty bad today but I tried anyway in case I got a second wind but I didn't so after the absolute necessities I sat and watched things awhile and then went home, gently caress CFS/ME but it won't stop me because there will be more, soon

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Sometimes it's best to just sit and watch things awhile.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

spookygonk posted:

Sometimes it's best to just sit and watch things awhile.

couldn't agree more :unsmith:

best when I plan to do gently caress all tho- watch this!

watching lead fly

this is Fig Roll, who has gone from an occasional and very nervous visitor on the deck to strolling in the back door every morning demanding breakfast- we are near certain she's a stray so she's getting a lot of love and food and will be getting her checked by a vet soon

Today was intended as a gently caress around day because I have been busy- amongst various other poo poo my eldest has dragged me all over the country looking at vet schools so today we went and shot things instead

st johns wort and long time thread fav birds foot trefoils coming on strong, good year for wildflowers all around so far but I crave more more more!

Had meant to come back and grab a handful or three of these, hopefully be back before they get munt-jacked

Loads of assorted creatures too- absolutely hundreds of spider nests like these too, so proud of our brave little troops

Not much more rain but I only had to use some on the two most drought affected new trees (think we may lose a bird cherry, I uno) and wet the compost bins- it's been a harsh year for the saplings so far- you can see how much I used by the algal trace, that's about a bucket and a half

time to gently caress up some metal ducks, they clearly pose an immediate threat and ignored several clear warnings to retreat etc

Used to be that 40 shots of .22 would last me about ten minutes, can spend this much in about two now, and goddamn its wholesome fun for the whole family :jihad:

Less fun for the metal ducks, who aren't holding up quite as well under fire as I had hoped but maybe if I shoot it up a bunch more it might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umgJW0pYHuM

hopefully the heavens will align and I will get some decent work time and make use of some of the prep work- more, soon!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thank you for all of these, and taking care of the kitties.

The bee pictures are especially wholesome.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Failson posted:

Thank you for all of these, and taking care of the kitties.

The bee pictures are especially wholesome.

I love being in and amongst the bees while I'm taking shots

pathway to victory

so we took Fig Roll to the vet to check for a chip and it turns out she was chipped and missing for ages so they were returned to a very, very, very happy owner so I guess I'm back to trying to attract alleycats again

hi, let's get some fuckin' work done

water levels up, pond still extant and pond shaped still

used this a bit today

tidied up some pathway and other areas- bramble was blocking bits and would only get worse, solution would normally be a bit more brutal but I'm holding off on brush cutting as late as possible this year for our bug friends

forgot before pics, but my youngest cleared this solo in order that we can build the new parts of the office comfortably and not inside a blackthorn tangle, this was about halfway in

they did great and more importantly they did it careful, and I can't wait to build a new wing to the office and get some of these drat pallets used to make room for more pallets

Did some repotting too, only had enough compost for 7 so we did 7 hedgerow heroes

Found this lady while looking for pots and so had to apologise and gently replace her till she's done guarding that eggsac

Not nearly as rootbound as I feared but still ready enough for a repot

Used a bunch of water- it was needed. Smells really nice and fresh too, I expected a bit of an aroma but it's fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx1c_6XFUpM

also stupidly left access to the top cupboard available to a very adventurous mouse so some stuff got nibbled, even lost a pack of mi goreng, and I had to clear up but thats just the casualties of war and there's probably other poo poo I forgot but hey, more soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I can't believe it's not butterflies

the neighbour was apparently having a bunch of guests, the track was blocked so I had to reverse course, drive out and hike back in- can't complain though

broke my bootlace before I even began, quite the omen, and lol I'm not replacing them with the expensive original riot proof flame proof acid proof NBC proof ones because it seems they aren't some daft yorkshireman proof

hi

Pond showing first signs of islands- wonder if it's going to dry out fully again

Can't figure out how, but the drat mouse got in again (I took more measures)

Didn't go for my curry and rice so I could at least have some lunch

Been up for at least 3 months doing timelapse so removed it to pull card etc and it was stuck against the tree so I pulled and then there were eleventy dozen powerful earwigs that had been nesting behind it and they exploded out all over me and I flailed around and stripped my clothing and wailed and beat my breast but they were chill and didn't pinch me at all

Taste comparison'ed the blackcurrants- this one is sweeter and best for eating straight up off the bush, but another has a deeper flavour and I think might wine/jam better- I will take cuttings from each come fall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4AFq7CqrY4

I had big plans on staining pallets and such but tbh I got there and ended up having a really rough day with grief poo poo so other than chores I mainly just did a nature walk, sat and stared a bunch and filled a big bag of rubbish out the caravan again so I felt I did something. More, soon.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thank you for finding Fig Roll's home!

Sharing your work brings me joy. Thank you.

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
This is a good thread. Now I want five acres

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Szechwan posted:

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008
This is such a lovely thread and project to watch. I'm so invested in the pond and love to see the hangout area expand and develop. You're doing a great job and I hope you get to share tons of organic produce with the local wildlife.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

You're a good man, Dan

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Failson posted:

Thank you for finding Fig Roll's home!

Sharing your work brings me joy. Thank you.

Szechwan posted:

Sarah Bellum posted:

This is such a lovely thread and project to watch. I'm so invested in the pond and love to see the hangout area expand and develop. You're doing a great job and I hope you get to share tons of organic produce with the local wildlife.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

You're a good man, Dan

thanks all :unsmith:

I had planned on both Saturday and today but storms got me each time- bag is packed and ready for tomorrow though- will be splitting or staining or both and I can't do that in the rain or repairing storm/mouse damage lol

year and a half in on these boots, happy so far and think they will last out the 3 or 4 years I would expect from them as primary boots, especially if I clean and polish them a bit lot more often

couldn't find rainbow laces long or strong enough for my demands but these purples look pretty fuckin' spangly imo- gotta get them into action, more soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

delayed gratification

Well, I took the kids to the zoo instead and then yesterday poo poo came up but I'm here now (or was) so mea maxima culpa, please look at the pretty things now, beloved reader

boots on the ground on a summers morning and the supervisor has given me the nod, let's get to getting while we can

cause the weather is forecast for not work

Pond has gone small, wonder if it will stay wet this year

Haven't gotten to try the cherry plums from this tree yet- this year I'm hopeful

Today was re-clearing some pathways and maintaining hedgerow

Didn't get much pictures cause I was too busy failing to get video of me doing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHVjlqmN64I

video has even more bugs! and bad footage of me working filmed from a shirt pocket! More! Soon!

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

unexpected bird in logpile area

now then

so the pallets were too wet to stain (the wood needs to soak it up a bit and... can't)

I had also hoped to check this woodpile, till we noticed there's a birds nest tucked in the tarps underneath, baby birds chirping away and parents feeding them despite our unintended close proximity- video is better than pictures watch that

So I strapped a trailcam to a pallet and given I had to pass by the nest again to pack away, carefully left the pallet hopefully with a good shot on the nest

gently caress I hope I turned it on, lol

teaching the younger one some rifle skills was still just about manageable from the office/firing range but soggy

little lead flowers

In the few sunny times it was pretty nice- pond is still low despite rain- it hasn't been enough to raise the water table

Almost all the currants got eaten, my little bio-robots will now seed the area and we can but hope it works out

good year for the dogrose, looking fierce

We did manage a little work re-clearing the area for the eventual cabin at least

As well as checked and watered the nursery (they need separating a bit as they provide enough cover to stop the soil getting a good soak from rain)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTNFtxd5kuI

featuring parent birds, soggy teakettles and lots of butterflies

the weather/my health/poo poo happening have been getting in the way, will just have to do what I can when I can but I'm hoping- personal funds/fuckin' solicitors doing a thing dependent- on moving down a bunch of lumber/supplies and finally getting the office moving along, more soon

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

work hard, play hard

Hi

Main task today was continuing to take care of stray bramble invading the pathways

These are definitely later than I'm used to

Swapped out the camera quickly but otherwise left the nest alone- least I have a slightly better shot of it, no idea if it's still active, purposefully stayed away

Locals say there hasnt been a day without rain in several weeks now- first time I ever saw the pond go up in July/August, exact opposite of this time last year

The nursery is a lot less work intensive when the sky does the watering

I could blame the weather for not being as active and it would be factual but frankly dishonest- I have been going through a lovely patch for a long time without really noticing how bad it got, and had the weather been better I probably wouldn't have done another loving thing more tbh

But rest assured, with some help from some dear friends, I'm working on that particular problem, hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssb_RREpVM

If you can't guess what's coming up in this video after the last three pictures and the thumbnail, turn in your nerd credentials at the front entrance

More, soon!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Thank you for sharing! It looks idyllic, and the rain sounds incredible.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

DesperateDan posted:

I could blame the weather for not being as active and it would be factual but frankly dishonest- I have been going through a lovely patch for a long time without really noticing how bad it got, and had the weather been better I probably wouldn't have done another loving thing more tbh

But rest assured, with some help from some dear friends, I'm working on that particular problem, hard

Hell yeah brother, commiserations on the rough ebb, but also well done for getting on it. This thread is a balm for the soul and you fully deserve a bit of a rave up

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Failson posted:

Thank you for sharing! It looks idyllic, and the rain sounds incredible.

Mousepractice posted:

Hell yeah brother, commiserations on the rough ebb, but also well done for getting on it. This thread is a balm for the soul and you fully deserve a bit of a rave up

thanks- wish I had noticed it earlier- have had a gradual and sometimes not so gradual ramp up on various life pressures for a few years and I guess it worked like kinda like the proverbial frogs in the boiling pot, and I got cooked. had a loving amazing time raving (can't oversell it, it was a borderline religious experience) and will be doing so again in a few months and probably making a habit of it thereafter till they lock me in the old folks home or the polis finally catch up with me

wood I?

was raining till an hour or three before I got here again, yesterday was 14C, think that's about 20C less than this time last year, but hey climate change

and as a result the pond is half pond shaped again

the trailcam I set up to watch the bird nest decided waterproofing was entirely optional, yay, that's now 2/3 trailcams now at home for repairs and I forgot to deal with the third so lol no footage now, at least it means less backlog to go through!

I have two of these type of pallets and I only need them to have planks on one side and also I want more spare planks so here we go plank ripping

It really wanted to gently caress up easily so we gave up on a perfect pry job and cut the worst parts off with a saw- better to lose a cm or two than run a 90% chance of cracking another plank

These pallets will now be used on the next fire wood storage unit, and the spare planks will help shore up the office walls when I build them- I even remembered to put all the pallets for the firewood storage unit under shelterbenchbenchshelter so they should be ready for working on no matter what the weather will be

also split some wood, mainly so I could teach younger my lovely techniques and have some wood ready for camping

a southern hawker dragonfly, if I'm not mistaken- it was laying a lot of eggs next to the pond- seen quite a few this year, but they rarely want to stop around like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwrKsMCtnVs

More, soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

ninja mice from essex

not quite biker mice from mars but thou shall make do as needed

goddamn what an end to the commute though

These decomposition piles are just eating up wood, will have to feed them some more come autumn and maybe name one seymour

Finished at home, finally, then delivered the chair frame parts- gonna ignore my self imposed limit of no power tools on it from now on, fucker needs finishing imo

think I'm gonna put a hundred or so litres in here next time from water collection and see what happens, would like it to stay damp at least, maybe excavate the other side some while it's dry

I have video of the fierce mouse ambushing me viciously/me being frit of a little mouse (I didn't want to hurt it), it had found a way to nestle up in/eat part of the cushions where the regular sprays were not hitting so I now gotta clean, disinfect and air all these out at least another time or two before I can use them for camping etc- they didn't smell but eeewww leptospirosis

also those foam cushions were made in like 1978 so that mouse is now known by the state of california to cause cancer and is also immune to fire, hope they tasted good buddy

blackberries are real flavoursome this year (washed my hands real good)

slow worm is pretty well camouflaged in slow mode in the leaf mold

gif shows the wiggles though

stained some pallet after I got over the whole mouse thing a bit, still not over it tbh hoping to have a bunch finished and some more wood/junk delivered before I start building the office up more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWdsKScnz9A

I'm sure all this prep work will pay off eventually- more, soon!

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 15, 2023