Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

This is a fantastic thread and I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rats and squirrels are perfectly acceptable to shoot at, I'm even thinking of getting something to tackle the rats who seem immune to our poison traps.
Wife likes the squirrels though, so looking pretty as always lets you get away with murder.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Awesome as always, love what you're doing and the pictures.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Honey and clotted cream is also an acceptable substitute.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Some strawberries are insatiable running zombies, they suit my style of gardening. Are you getting over that bug? Tree felling sounds hard work but rewarding.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If that's the largest tree bit you'll tackle a cordless sawzall with a long rough cut wood blade will do you fine, the problem will be running out of batteries.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Catzilla posted:

New Lithium Ion batteries last for ages. We've just got some Husqvarna hedge cutters at work and they'll go a few hours of trigger time before the batteries need changing. A single tree shouldn't be a problem.

Yes but when I started cutting things up I found so many things needed the tender reciprocating touch of death. Dan may not have a handy charger so will need to carry a backup battery to deal with running out of power mid-tree.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

Dug out some emergency scotch and called pizzahut, having a wake right now. Little poo poo loved trying to steal pizza. RIP Hicks, 2011-2019

RIP Hicks, you served him well.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I've got a fall gold too, in autumn. Can't wait to see if it fruits this year or if it's too young. The tayberry and white currant I got early last year are just going for it so high hopes for them. Can definitely recommend tayberry if you want a spiky hedge to keep people out. I swear it's worse than brambles.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh I'll find you, listen for the sound of someone shouting "loving cows!", Then narrow in by bribing the local cats.

You like coffee and walnut cake right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

This however would not work at all for me, I can respect the likes of others but that's a hard no from me there

Sounds like I need to brush up my post apocalyptic survival baking skills.

Those green rollers are normally 40l. Do you not have a closer source than bringing it from home or would that lead to needing a pump?

I also hold you responsible for me buying a bunch of red currant and black currant plants that were marked down to a quid each but still had green growth.

Regarding your bird house take a look at the rspb website, they've a good guide to dimensions etc. I like your bee house too :3:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wilko's also have that thin-skinned kiwi variety now, I picked one up the moment I saw it, it's hardening off in the greenhouse with the door open.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

This is the best thread

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Good progress as always. Do apple seeds need any special treatment to persuade them to grow?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You look after yourself Dan, that doesn't sound like a good combo. Who would pet the cats If you couldn't? :ohdear:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh man you have my greatest sympathy, little worse than not knowing what's going wrong.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Still my favourite thread but Jesus gently caress I can't imagine the pain of a liver biopsy. All power to you Dan.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Your salad garden puts mine to shame, you're achieving so much it's inspirational.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

:sterv:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Where are you getting all of these trees?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Glad you're still kicking.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Make a picking tool, I saw a neat one made from a length of pvc pipe with the top end cut and bent to make a 2 finger claw, a bag attached to the bottom, let me see if I can find a pic

like this!

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 12, 2020

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh yeah wherever it beeps always ends up with a hole for a plant.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

organburner posted:

Maybe I don't understand the layout properly here, is it legal to block a road in this way? I want to say that over here, if there's a road going across your property to someone elses property you are obligated to let them use the road but I'm not 100% certain.

No, it's 100% possible to own land you can't access other than by trebuchet or helicopter. Just because you've been using a road to access it doesn't mean you have a right to it.

Hope it calms down soon Dan, stay well.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yes, but there's a big difference between a road you have a right to use and a road someone's let you use for a while.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I read every update as soon as I can just to not care harder.

We all care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

How you feeling these days Dan?