Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

You've tried at least a couple of different trail cameras, Dan. Is there a model you''d recommend?

We're going to get ourselves one for Xmas to try and find out whether it's a badger or a fox that is making a trail through the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Thanks Dan. I'll take a look at the Neewer one.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Finally caught up with five months of posts.

Under Mrs Clarence's guidance I'm learning to recognise the various flowers that grow around here, and I was pleased with myself that I could identify some of the ones that you've posted!

Clarence
May 3, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

I'm still pretty bad with flower and plant recognition but google lens is pretty helpful and there's a youtube with a rather fun fellow who goes round swearing at plants which has also helped me a lot
Never thought of using Google Lens...

Apple.
That's a pond (Mrs Clarence would be proud of me)
Bluebell (native?). Yellow ones in the background - Celandine I think
Bluebell again, Greater Stitchwort and Dandelion
Apple again
Blackthorn?
Greater Stitchwort again
Um, er...

How'd I do?

I've been taking photos and video and was thinking of making youtube shorts of what I take, as a way of working with the identifications enough to be able to actually remember them.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Congrats on the three years!

Do you have any 'then and now' pictures of how things have changed?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

quote:

Observation team is standing by ready for data retrieval.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Do we think Dan has been eaten by a fox yet?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

'fettling' is such a good word.

It'll be interesting to see how much things have grown since your last visit. Things have shot up here - the grass has been left to grow and the amount of pollen is crazy.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Good stuff.

Have you/are you going to put some kind of drip edge on the roof over your seat? Before it looked like it was some turned back roofing material that would just guide the water back in underneath.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Is anybody any good at identifying orchids? Location is SW England.

Or do we have a more appropriate thread somewhere for this sort of thing?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I looked on the BSBI map https://bsbi.org/maps and there don't seem to be any green-winged orchids around here, so early-purple it is then, I think. There was no spotting on the leaves, but Wikipedia only says 'sometimes'.

Thanks!

Orchids are hard.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Where do you get your rations from Dan? Every time I look online the price is a bit :stonk:
Do you have a line on 'technically expired but actually still okay ' or something?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

What's on the menu today, Dan?

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Do the powerlines go directly over the acres? I'm wondering if you can do the fluorescent tube trick (if it's not an urban legend) to get free light in the caravan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Good advice for us all to live by when the weather's like this.