Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Plowed through this thread in a couple of weeks, and had a good, relaxing time doing so. I've been telling my wife that I want to plant some more than just my precious buckthorn and strawberry in our garden every time I've finished a sitting, and bah gawd come spring I'm gonna!

Thank you for sharing and get well/better soon! Looking forward to following along in future :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Posting to say that I bought a new cordless drill last week. Bosch and Makita were the same price(ish) but I thought of this thread and Dan's tools and went Makita. Goddamn that is a good drill.

One day I will get a cordless reciprocating saw of the same brand and buy an old Audi as well. Inshallah.

Anyway, please keep posting :)

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
I have spent many nights in one of those sleeping bags. They are excellent fart traps.

Godspeed after that curry meal.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Sorry about your dad, Dan. I lost my mom to cancer two Christmases ago, and while the (small amount) of money was nice, it's not a good trade.

I am sure your dad would approve that you are going to spend some of it making you and yours happy 🙂

E: and a bunch of goons on a dead forum, but probably keep that from him.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
I've been meaning to ask: Do you do any hunting and have you considered doing it on the five acres? I don't mean going in guns blazing, just getting something for the freezer.

Those muntjac are supposed to be tasty.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Congratulations on the kid's college acceptance 🙂

Any plans on using the sloe for something? I've only ever used it for making schnapps (after freezing the fruit).

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Happy New Year, Dan :cheerdoge:

Looking forward to seeing what 2023 brings for you and the five acres - thread continues to deliver copious amounts of hygge.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
My condolences, Dan. So sorry to hear it.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
What is the tick situation on the five acres? With all that wildlife I imagine you carry tweezers or another tool for extraction.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
We had rat infestations in our two previous homes, and I was the primary (only) exterminator in the family. It took a while, but I got them all, most with traps, some with the air rifle - and the biggest one beat to death with a short wooden plank when I surprised it in the attic.

My somewhat recurring rat nightmare is about the time I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and looked down to see a pair of legs and a tail disappearing into the toilet bowl.

I respect rats, but I have no sympathy for them. Kill 'em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
I'm cooled off.
Godspeed, Dan. And thanks for the update - I was getting a little worried.

Hope to see you again in here.