Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

You're in my neck of the woods and I'm v jealous that you have land like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

I'm sorry to hear that, but escape is possible :)

I chose this life :(

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

This thread now also means I don’t have to reexport my thread’s photos at 1024 like I have been, thank you.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

Tried out the new squarecut trimmercord on the back garden and it was amazing

Ooh, I'll look into this when I next do my garden, last time I tried to strim the heavily overgrown grasses it was a huge pain.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

I then made the choice to stop for the day- I had wanted to clear the new area on the north field, and didn't feel too tired at that point, but it was hitting 30C and I would have no cover whatsoever- it's gonna be great for crops there. With how sore/slightly sunburnt I am today it was probably the right call :)

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of work outside in the sun and bought some gear specific for it, namely some UV forearm covers, peaked hat with neck cover, and most recently 20 plain white fruit of the loom tshirts (for just over 30 quid) because my current ones leave a gap at the neckline.

Begone, sun.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Miftan posted:

How on earth you not only went out to do work in this loving heat but STARTED A FIRE is beyond me.

I know, right? I called off on my project today, no way I'm working out in that, I can barely work in my kitchen.

DesperateDan posted:

A wide brimmed boonie hat has been my best purchase for that so far, next time I cut I'm gonna use some old formal shirts for the reflective white and the baggy factor- longsleeved anything seems a winner, sweat be damned.

That's why I like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06WGW7P1R

They keep the sun off, wick sweat pretty well, and because it's not a full on long-sleeve top you get to keep some venting.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

They look good, I might grab some- how thick are they? My only concern is with sap spatter soaking through and still giving me chemical burns with it held tight to me.

They're fairly thin, think lycra shorts or what have you. They protect me against scratches against brick and splintery wood, but I've not spilled anything on them so I don't know how you're fare there.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Catzilla posted:

Happy the catte is doing well!
Stay safe out there, I'm in Hampshire working in the countryside and the heat is brutal at the moment. We've just been told that there's a level 3 heatwave this week.

Yeah man, they issued it already

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

xcheopis posted:

... was the gratuity two eggs and an ear skritch?

I hope you lot get some rain, soon.

Maybe some small ones this weekend.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

It passed 31C in my house and I work from home.

That’s not vast amounts to many Americans but we ain’t kitted our for this poo poo.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

sources of natural pectin to help it set- blackberries have some naturally but for the other fruit jams (got a bit of a variety of fruit frozen up ready) will need some help

Pears too, I hear, if there's any trees about.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Miftan posted:

I've been informed that scone is pronounced skon and people who rhyme it with stone are wrong and awful. Confirm/deny?

Depends where in the country you're from.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

The people in the bad parts of the nation who say it wrong are a contrary sort who say those who have the proper and just ways are wrong- and they denigrate and smear the brave lands that produced such fine folk.

I'm from one of the blue areas in the middle, so I do say scone like cone, but I've lived all over the place and as such I keep an open mind about such things.

Probably aided by the fact that I'm a software developer and so most of what I do has to be written in American English.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

Ain't goin' anywhere today 'cause gently caress it. Mental health day.

:hfive:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I can somehow smell this through the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

DesperateDan posted:

Had a request to gather feathers for a friend's crafting exploits- happy to oblige

did you turn in your quest for 8 cow butts while you were at it?