Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's back again!

The rest of the post will be fleshed out tonight, but I want to get this up before qual starts on Saturday for Indy.

Basically it'll be like last year's. Winner gets an upgrade of their choice, loser gets a shametar (probably of a crash taken from one of the races).

Submission rules
You currently allowed to fill out all the fields, but if you only do the Indy qualifying fields now and leave the rest blank until next week, I'm fine with that. If you are going to do that, do two posts with your entries: the Indy Qual entries and the rest. Indy qualifying entries will be open until the start of qualifying Saturday. All other entries, including the rest of the Indy ones, are open until the start of qualifying for Monaco (if only because pole doesn't mean much for the 500 apart from bragging rights).

The points
Predict the pole (5), podium (9-7-5), and most laps lead (5) for each race, even if Indy and NASCAR doesn't do podiums for these two races. If you pick someone to finish on the podium, but the driver picked does not finish in the spot you picked, you will get 3 points. Each race will have a unique point opportunity for it worth 6 total points, depending on the race (Monaco: Fastest Lap, Indy 500: the two bumped cars, Coke 600: the stage winners). For the bold predictions, the bolder the prediction, the more points you'll get if it's right (example: predicting Sage will DNF is not bold. Predicting a Toro Rosso to win Monaco is).

code:
[b]Monaco Grand Prix[/b]
Pole:
Podium:
Fastest Lap:
Most Laps Lead:
Bold Prediction(s):

[b]Indy 500[/b]
Pole:
Podium:
Most Laps Lead:
DNQ (2 x 3):
Bold Prediction(s):

[b]Coke 600[/b]
Pole:
Podium:
Most Lead:
Stage Winners (3 x 2):
Bold Prediction:
Indy Entry List
https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/996789994307145728

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

What do I win if I correctly predict Max Verstappen eats a wall in Monaco?

A pat on the back.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

Not a bold prediction.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The bumping victims are:

James Hinchcliffe
Pippa Mann

As there are extenuating circumstances here and a potential for a bought out ride, I hereby declare that:
IF JAY HOWARD GETS DROPPED FOR HINCH, I WILL AWARD 1.5 POINTS TO THOSE WHO PREDICTED HOWARD TO GET BUMPED

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

The bumping victims are:

James Hinchcliffe
Pippa Mann

As there are extenuating circumstances here and a potential for a bought out ride, I hereby declare that:
IF JAY HOWARD GETS DROPPED FOR HINCH, I WILL AWARD 1.5 POINTS TO THOSE WHO PREDICTED HOWARD TO GET BUMPED

Update to this: if any driver gets bought out for Hinch or (very less likely) Pippa, that driver counts as "half-bumped" and will award 1.5 points. Howard is the likely candidate for Hinch, but it's unlikely Pippa will buy anyone out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Indy pole winner: Special Ed Carpenter

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I might allow it if he doesn't have a ride after tomorrow.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, after consideration, if you predicted Hinch to podium, you can resubmit your entries. I did say you could hold off on submitting the rest of the entries unrelated to Indy qualifying after qualifying concluded, which includes the podium.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MONACO RESULTS ARE IN:
Pole: Ricciardo
Podium: Ricciardo, Vettel, Hamilton
Fastest Lap: Verstappen
Most Laps Lead: Ricciardo

Also NASCAR pole: Kyle Busch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

INDY 500 WINNER:

WILL POWER.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, final Indy results:
Pole: Ed Carpenter
Podium: Will Power, Ed Carpenter, Scott Dixon
Most Laps Lead: Ed Carpenter
DNQ (2 x 3): Pippa Mann, James Hinchcliffe

First two stages of Coke 600: Kyle Busch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

With the 600 over, we have our final results:

Pole: Kyle Busch
Podium: Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr, Denny Hamlin
Most Laps Lead: Kyle Busch
Stage Winner: Kyle Busch x3

I'll tally everything tomorrow

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I am a giant moron, please stand by.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We have a winner!

Basticle wins with 39 points, with only 3 of those off the bold predictions

Theophany and Kilonum lose with 3.

iospace fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 31, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also shoutout to IOwnCalculus for being the only person to get any of the three podiums 100% right, but Basticle juuuuuuuust edged you out by a couple of points.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Honestly, I don't even know how I scored anything?

You picked Scott Dixon for the Indy podium, which got you 3 points (you picked 2nd, he finished 3rd).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

did I win anything?

Plat! Notified the admins about that

• Locked thread